Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which game do you feel best represents the series as a whole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't know why RE2 is so praised.

RE3 is better, RE1 is better. RE2 is a bit dull and not challenging. The game was just technically impressive for its time, but so was RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
      I still don't know why RE2 is so praised.

RE3 is better, RE1 is better. RE2 is a bit dull and not challenging. The game was just technically impressive for its time, but so was RE5.
      RE2 Hard/Nightmare is more challenging than RE3´s hard, enemies have more HP and cause more damage, you cannot dodge nor even quick turn, you don´t have gun powders to create tons of ammo, and you can also play the game with auto-aim disabled. The only thing that makes RE3 hard are early Nemesis optional battles.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I know this already, but the hard mode is only present in the PC version of the game. All the other versions only have normal mode I think.

RE3 isn't hard either, but it's still more challenging than RE2. It has better puzzles and you can die against the grave digger or Nemesis in front the clock tower if you're not careful enough.

Comment

It´s on PC and Dreamcast, enough reason to take it into account. The PSX RE2 is incomplete, the original non-dual shock version doesn´t even have Extreme Battle, just like the original first RE didn´t have Hard mode until they included it in the Director´s cut.

Neither games from the PSX era -on Hard- are extremelly hard compared to, for example, a non-cheated RE5 on Professional, but all of them give enough challenge under the proper difficulty settings, RE2 isn´t easier than 1 and 3 unless you stick with the PSX version.

RE3 puzzles only make you stay more time in a room trying to solve them, I don´t see them making the game any harder since you cannot be attacked while doing them, and some can be solved by simply trying random combinations. Clock tower battle can be a big trouble, I agree with that.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

RE2 all the way! You get the most bang for your buck! Four scenarios, three costumes(with its own little mini quest to gain them)then you get hunk, then you tofu! That is alot of gameplay! Not to mention some of the goriest! Arms pull off when you break away from zombies, you can shoot arms off, you can blast torsos into pieces! and if that isn't enough you get the dual shock version which gives you the ex battle mode!

the hardest part about RE3 is nemesis, and that was already done in scenario b of RE2.

Comment

Every RE game after 1 with the exception of the REmake and Zero are Action games. You get TONS of ammo and health in 2 and 3. The mere inclusion of making Ammo and the Dodge function in 3 shows plainly they wanted to make it more of an Action game. (if it wasn't obvious enough from the opening, topped only by CVX in its XTREME-ness)

It's just that the controls and camera were really bad in 3 and CVX so they were bad Action game s while RE4 was a good Action game. The only danger in 3 or CVX was the camera, not Nemesis or Bandersnatches or anything else. Nemesis popping out like he did also removed any tension or atmosphere from the game and just was tedious. "Oh gee, I wonder what will happen once the camera looks away from the door. Will Nemesis pop out? I bet he will. *yawns*"

So...since a majority of the series is more Action than Horror, I guess RE2 is theb est representative.
              Last edited by Becky's Butt; 05-15-2014, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X