Resident Evil Internet Story / Webcomic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Internet Story / Webcomic

Hi everyone, saw this the other day and was wondering if anyone has any info on this.

I recently added some more of the Wildstorm RE comics to my collection. Im talking about the Wildstorm 5 issue series that ran around 1998.

On the front cover of issue 4 there is a note saying "Internet story cover". Inside there is also a breif article about a RE webcomic.

Further in the magazine is a cover. The idea is to cut this cover out and then print the webcomic off snd make your own comic. I believe it was originally hosted at www.wildstorm.com/resevil or something along those lines.

Ive been looking online for any information on this comic. I beleive it was uploaded one page at a time and possibly ran for 15 plus pages.

I can upload pictures or links to pages from the magazine advertising this if needed. Does anyone have any information about this at all? Hoping someone has it archived.

I hadnt seen anything about this webcomic anywhere else before and am stuggling to find any information at all. The website that it was originally hosted at has since been pushed to the DC website so no luck there yet (will try the machine sometime)

Basically any help or info will be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys!

I know exactly what you're talking about but I never had any luck finding them eithier. I remember there being a thread about this awhile back but last I heard they were still missing. They were basically splash pages, but I didn't have a computer at the time so I couldn't collect them. Is there any confirmation that they even followed up with the pages?
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I do have them but they are crap print outs from back in the day when they were released , im still looking to find them online some where so I can print them out professionally.
      sigpic
      See No Evil

Comment

Originally posted by DyceGamez View Post
        I do have them but they are crap print outs from back in the day when they were released , im still looking to find them online some where so I can print them out professionally.
        Cool, do you have the complete set? I always wondered how many there were.

If I would've been able to print them out way back when, they'd no doubt be lost or in poor condition. Hell I had to buy all the comics over again since I didn't take collecting too seriously until 2003 or so. It would be nice to find an online source.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Yeah I only picked up issues 2 and 4 recently, I just need issue 3 for the set now. The "cover Story" page states:

"Just print out the story pages youv'e downloaded ( All 15 are on the website in case you haven't been saving them), cut out...."

Implys to me that it ran for 15 pages and then finished but im not 100% sure.

I agree, anything that was printed out on a printer back then would have been fairly poor print quality at best let alone after being kept for so many years. Id be really interested to see if anything does come up from this at all. It could well be worth digging for. The RE comics from back in '98 in my opinion are the best of the bunch. I enjoyed some of the others but for me they were the best ones.

Comment

Originally posted by comicbooknerd View Post
            Yeah I only picked up issues 2 and 4 recently, I just need issue 3 for the set now. The "cover Story" page states:

"Just print out the story pages youv'e downloaded ( All 15 are on the website in case you haven't been saving them), cut out...."

Implys to me that it ran for 15 pages and then finished but im not 100% sure.

I agree, anything that was printed out on a printer back then would have been fairly poor print quality at best let alone after being kept for so many years. Id be really interested to see if anything does come up from this at all. It could well be worth digging for. The RE comics from back in '98 in my opinion are the best of the bunch. I enjoyed some of the others but for me they were the best ones.
            Wow,15 huh? All my stuff's in storage so it's been awhile since I flipped through the comics :/

They'd look pretty sick printed on high quality paper and framed together as a collage.

Edit: Well look at that, I finally reached Spencer tier. Only took five and half years.
            Last edited by REmaster; 03-27-2014, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah thats what it says. Not sure if the pages had windows like in regular comics or if its full page single images. Ill upload an image of this when I get a chance. Not checked the other comics yet for any other references. Only issue im missing is issue 3 though so wont be able to check that one.

Comment

Cool man, thanks. I'll do a little research myself.

Comment

Just had a quick look through the other comics I have, couldnt see any other references to the webcomic. It was only a quick skim, so when I have a chance to sit and go through them all properly I MAY come across something else; though im a little doubtful of that.

In the mean time, here is the text that is on the page I mentioned before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-27 19.27.27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	403622

Comment

Ah yes, thanks for posting it. I can't believe how ridiculously hard it is to find these things.

Comment

According to this scan, page#2 of issue#2, it was a 15-page comic to be released "at the end of July". I have scans of all five issues, would love to know more about this.

@REmaster - do you have anymore shorts like this one? I love it!

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

Haha, thanks. I forgot all about those things lol.

The only other one that survived was this one:

There was one more that I had drawn, it was a lot longer than the others, like 3-4 pages. It dealt with Hunk and Tofu. I sent it to Code for coloring but the file was lost through email when he sent it back. Maybe he still has the file, I dunno. I thought it was pretty damn funny though, probably the best one. I'd love to make more sometime, got a lot of ideas. It's just so hard to find someone who has both the time and talent to color them.

I was working on an animated series last year using stop animation but in the end I had to cancel it when I got really busy, just too much to do by myself. I did release the trailer for it though. Maybe I'll finish the episode if I ever get the time.

Last edited by REmaster; 03-28-2014, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          According to this scan, page#2 of issue#2, it was a 15-page comic to be released "at the end of July". I have scans of all five issues, would love to know more about this.

Just looked at tge image you posted. Hadnt read it before. Looking at it, to me its saying a seccond web comic was coming out. It references the previous 15 pager (one that the cover is inside this issue). Sounds as though the new comic was due to start in July.

Its not just me is it? When I read that last paragraph thats what it seems like. So not only do we know we have one "missing" web comic, there may infact be 2, or 1 and a cancelled strip.

Comment

Also, had a look this morning at tge "cover" printed in issue 2. It shows Jill, Chris and Wesker. Suggests to me they were in the comic but it idnt concrete. I had a look at the old wildstorm website yesterday using the wayback machine. Found alot of dead links and 404 errors. Doubt ill find anything on there but ill keep looking. May try the DC comic forums incase anyone there has any info. Wildstorm is now a part of DC so there may still be someone there with a few clues.

Comment

Originally posted by comicbooknerd View Post
                              Also, had a look this morning at tge "cover" printed in issue 2. It shows Jill, Chris and Wesker. Suggests to me they were in the comic but it idnt concrete. I had a look at the old wildstorm website yesterday using the wayback machine. Found alot of dead links and 404 errors. Doubt ill find anything on there but ill keep looking. May try the DC comic forums incase anyone there has any info. Wildstorm is now a part of DC so there may still be someone there with a few clues.
                              The plot thickens. Hopefully there's some RE fans on that forum, sounds like your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                              X