Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent work, Gemini and Sonic! O.O

It's especially nice to see some professional work with the camera sprites - no transparency, depth or dead pixel issues to be seen!
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I might sound redundant but: my body is ready.

Seriously finish it pls. This is the most exciting piece of RE software from the post RE4 era ever.
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        1) I'm not sure about the unused enemies, at least from the PSX series. I'm aware of unused items, assets, and whatnot. Having new items is probably more interesting and with less constrains than relying on existing ones that don't fit almost anywhere.
        2) There will be some points where the player can make a choice, but it's closer to RE1 than in 3 or Gun Survivor. The branched paths will go away, they are literally useless and make almost no sense in a game where backtracking plays a fundamental role.
        3) The story will stay more or less the same, no huge changes there other than the possibility to see most events in a single playthrough. Progression is what should get a nice overhaul for obvious reasons.
        1) I'm not aware if there were any unused enemies in Survivor, however I'm pretty confident that there could be unused interesting stuff which didn't make it to the final. Every single other RE does feature leftover elements, I believe Survivor should have some too. Have you somehow checked or any of those? I am also suspecting that the early demo of Gun Survivor might have some as well, however I'm unable to locate it. I'd suggest to take at least a look upon it if you could access it.
        2)The branch choices weren't good at all in Survivor, I really hope you could put most if not all of them together. Some quick time events as path options (like RE3) would be nice as well.
        3)Actually I have something similar like the EX files, meaning expanding and making some things more clear following those cannon hints and additional information, and not altering the story. I'll send you a pm regarding that as well.

Also, I'd like to mention somebody that really bug me in the final game. The appearance of the cleaners. They're the most stupid enemies made to the early RE games and I'm having trouble to see how they could possible fit in the game, plus they didn't make any sense at all. Please at least consider replacing them with some other bow. I hope others will support my opinion here as well.
        And as about your latest video, I'm stunned as per usual! Could a short term demo would be feasible around summer? People will go nuts for it!

Comment

• Interesting to see how the backgrounds Sonicblue is making are on par with those from Zero/REmake. My question is, if you do decide to port to PC, and use HD versions of the backgrounds, will you also be upgrading the character models/animations and the lighting effects to match those of Zero/REmake?
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
            Yep - maybe for the first serious trailer you can pick out and elaborate on things you've improved from the original game (a side-by-side comparison of how obviously crap the original is, for example). Might get even more people interested in it that way.
            Could be interesting to show the evolution: from crap to classic.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
            1) I'm not aware if there were any unused enemies in Survivor, however I'm pretty confident that there could be unused interesting stuff which didn't make it to the final. Every single other RE does feature leftover elements, I believe Survivor should have some too. Have you somehow checked or any of those? I am also suspecting that the early demo of Gun Survivor might have some as well, however I'm unable to locate it. I'd suggest to take at least a look upon it if you could access it.
            2)The branch choices weren't good at all in Survivor, I really hope you could put most if not all of them together. Some quick time events as path options (like RE3) would be nice as well.
            3)Actually I have something similar like the EX files, meaning expanding and making some things more clear following those cannon hints and additional information, and not altering the story. I'll send you a pm regarding that as well.
            1) In GS there's just one: an unused zombie that is a lazy edit of the one with a black shirt and blue jeans. Not much of interest really - they filled the whole thing with RE1-2 assets, ruling out almost entirely the need of extra enemy assets.
            2) The order in which you progress will trigger different stuff, just like in RE1. That's still my favorite approach to variety.
            3) The problem is EX files in RE2 N64 were quite bad. Other than maybe a couple of them (Kendo's and Rebecca's report), they didn't add a thing and badly recycle stuff from RE3. But yeah, there are ways to expand on the original by adding subtle details, like clarification on Hypnos.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
            And as about your latest video, I'm stunned as per usual! Could a short term demo would be feasible around summer? People will go nuts for it!
            A playable tech demo could be done to show how the engine works, but I wouldn't use any assets from BTM. Instead, I would grab a few RE1-2 rooms, piece them together and have the player to experiment with my mechanics.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            My question is, if you do decide to port to PC, and use HD versions of the backgrounds, will you also be upgrading the character models/animations and the lighting effects to match those of Zero/REmake?
            That's the plan, but character models won't be excessively detailed. They'd take too much to create and my crappy video card wouldn't even be able to run the scene at steady frame rates.
            Last edited by Gemini; 05-20-2014, 07:39 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Gemini = You can do like in Resident Evil 1.5 when an enemy hurts you is the player obtains a lot of visible wounds, you could enter in the remake of gun survivor?

Comment

• ^ Nope, limping is already enough.

Comment

• Gemini = I had an idea about the mother of Lott and Lily Klein's version of zombies.

Last edited by blackpower; 05-20-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                    Gemini = I had an idea about the mother of Lott and Lily Klein's version of zombies.

What game/asset is that from?

Comment

• Looks like a mod skin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        For now only English is supported. No idea if this will change anytime soon, I haven't made any plans on multiple language support.
                        i think maybe some from my group make interest in other language help. no guarantee. make contact if want later.

Comment

• Behind the Mask @REBehindtheMask ยท 10m

Little ideas for a quick demo? Explorable RE1 mansion and RE2 streets come to rescue. #raccoon_beavers

From the team's official twitter.

That would be nice, exploring some classic areas showcasing the new engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                            Gemini = I had an idea about the mother of Lott and Lily Klein's version of zombies.

Totally place her in the master bedroom in the Klein residence, replacing the random, and lock the door so it looks like the kids locked her in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                              That would be nice, exploring some classic areas showcasing the new engine.
                              Got more from proper conversions, if you like eye candy:

It's even using proper ambient diffusion this time. Now, if I could get a hold of the Sega Saturn backgrounds I would have something properly lossless, instead of the crappy PC rips that come straight out of converted BS frames (along with their horrid MDEC artifacts). Gotta investigate that build, just for the sake of perfectionism. And by grace of the Hypnotoad, that room jump command finally works.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Nice man. When you say ambient diffusion, is that a lighting technique? I also see masks are working 100% in the converted rooms. All we need is some enemy placement and we are good.

Also has the inventory menu been implemented yet or is it still being programmed?
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X