Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Awhhh yis.

Bonus points for Parasite Eve II's weapon parts customization. M4A1 with a laser!
    Newsbot approves you know its gonna be good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Power ups and ability packs are only for the battle mode game, which isn't survival horror at all.

You buy the ability at a high price from the shop, equip it on a character of your choice, go to battle, and whenever you get a fatal blow you get health restoration. Depending on which recovery ability you use, the regeneration power will vary.
      Aha, battle mode, that makes a lot more sense! I was thinking boy had this project gone off the rails since I last checked.. Yes, by all means do whatever you like with battle mode!

Comment

• You're drawing inspiration from Devil May Cry, I assume? If you go for Power-Ups and Weapon Modifications you'll have to have to ramp up the difficulty to make up for it. Parasite Eve 2 (or Devil May Cry) were horribly dysfunctional when you played the standard difficulties with everything.

I got a suggestion for you since you're getting some ideas from Parasite Eve 2. Gunblade Effect (R1) with Critical Strike on enemy's weakpoint for knife power-up. Call it Tactical Strike or something like that. Should definitely create some dynamic speed-runs for knife-only players.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Need the add the Gunblade along with different types of shotgun ammo to use with it. Hit R2 and Square (or whatever the fire button is) and swing the sword while firing the shotgun. Just like Parasite Eve 2. This would give you massive damage and could kill a Tyrant in one hit. Just a thought.

For power-ups, I have ideas like mods you can buy:

• Add an auto-load power-up that can go with the Grenade Launcher. No need to reload it anymore, just like in remake.
          • High damage slug rounds for the shotgun. Slower to fire, higher recoil, but much stronger rounds. Ramps up the difficulty as well.
          • Burst fire mod for the handguns. You get 3 round bursts like the M93R. The only con is you blow through ammo faster.
          • Dum-Dum rounds for the Colt Python. More powerful, more recoil and cool down time (time it take from the shot till when you can shoot again), but slower to reload and you have less ammo.
          • Shock/electric rounds for the Grenade Launcher. Stun enemies to your advantage, then move in with another weapon to deal the final blow.
          • Semi-Auto upgrade to the shotgun. Allows for rapid fire by converting the shotgun to a magazine fed weapon. You have less ammo in the magazine, but reload is fast. Not lightning fast, but as fast as Dylan in Dino Crisis 2 with the SPAS.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Don't forget incendiary rounds for a sub machine gun, like hunk used.

Comment

• Please add the western shotty from RE2...It felt so powerful.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                You're drawing inspiration from Devil May Cry, I assume? If you go for Power-Ups and Weapon Modifications you'll have to have to ramp up the difficulty to make up for it.
                The ideas actually come from PEII and RE4. You will need upgrades and power ups in order to make it through all extra mission objectives.

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                Please add the western shotty from RE2...It felt so powerful.
                I rather not use any of that, nor for the battle mode or BTM. The battle mode will use only weapons somehow related to RE1 with specific additions (ex: Samurai Edge with special rounds for Barry); BTM already has a set with four guns coming from Gun Survivor, no need for extra ones, but I may add a few entries in order to tie better with the original trilogy.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Behind the Mask ‏@REBehindtheMask

Done writing more of the core. I'm slightly tempted to post a video as soon as I'm done gathering assets.

If it isn't the best month to see a brand new video exhibiting some new functions in action!

Comment

• So how do we tempt him further into posting a vid?
                    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• I'll post a video as soon as this goddamn mess of billboard effects is out of the way:

At least weapon dynamic light is done and working, not to mention all the bytecode I needed for a billboard scheduler. Next video will probably be about the Glock using several damage effects, including decapitations and whatever I can come up with in the briefest timespan.

[EDIT] Sorta getting closer:

[EDIT File #2: The Billboard Chronicles] Oh for Jimmy's sake, it finally works quite as intended:

Just one rotation board fix and I'm outta this mess for a long while.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Can't wait for a video seeing the above pictures in action!
                        That zombie in the first picture looks great by the way!
                        Also, do you have any thoughts to implement a limb severing? Like the one we saw in those early BH2 beta videos, which legs and arms severed randomly after a few shots?
                        Last edited by Getta robo; 09-02-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the video. Also can't wait to see the restaurant when Sonic is finished.

Comment

• Two new brand new updates by the team on twitter:

Completely unneeded battle mode eye candy.
                            #random #the_90s #moonlight_sontaran

Sprite effects seem to be an issue of the past.
                            #prepare #astrology #butt

Comment

• Kinda running out of code tasks, I decided to go back and do some work on the GS models:

Texture restoration is a bit stinky, but produces at least decent results with the right settings. I made sure to use 128x256 materials like every RE engine out there, too bad TOSE decided against it and made most textures with half the size and a 15 BPP encoding (which really ends up having the same byte size, but it looks like crap on a model).

I've also tried looking into the unused GS zombie, a real exclusive:

Just as exclusive as putrid. Those textures are going to need some detail repainting. Ok, maybe I should do it also for the rest of the cast, but I'm not that much of a texture artist. Redoing the cleaners and UT commander is going to be a damn ordeal... aaaaaand I'm not even sure if there is a real quality change on the Psx.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                              Also, do you have any thoughts to implement a limb severing? Like the one we saw in those early BH2 beta videos, which legs and arms severed randomly after a few shots?
                              Arms will be severed with critical hits from the side.

Comment

• Give him long sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                                X