No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking better every time guys, keep up the good work!

Comment

• Gemini, since I noticed you mentioning that your almost out of coding work at this moment, my offer still stands. I still need a coder if interested. If you could inquire on a pre-render bg artist,I'd appreciate it. Also if you'd be so kind to share your model rips and textures for RE: DS expecially for Barry, it would be a great help. One last thing, a shout out to you and Sonic for your hard work. Thanks.
      Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 09-05-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
        Gemini, since I noticed you mentioning that your almost done coding my offer still stands. I still need a coder if interested. If you could inquire on a pre-render bg artist,I'd appreciate it. Also if you'd be so kind to share your model rips and textures for RE: DS expecially for Barry, it would be a great help. One last thing, a shout out to you and Sonic for your hard work. Thanks.
        Did the game got released?

He got to the point of having the weapons in a working state, this doesn't mean that he's almost done with the game.

Until it's released, there's still work to be done to the engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
          Did the game got released?

He got to the point of having the weapons in a working state, this doesn't mean that he's almost done with the game.

Until it's released, there's still work to be done to the engine.
          I understand the coding isn't quite "done". I meant since he's running out of code related work, maybe he could help assist with my project. Sorry maybe I should have reworded my statement.

Comment

• Productive day is productive:

Vector-hitbox collision is out of the way, which applies to billboard sprites (check out the Parabellum clip, it's bouncing off the wall as it should) and easily integrates with the rest as well.

Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
            Give him long sleeves.
            Or I should use a proper model from Gun Survivor. That test has been made with the generic pack zombie mesh, which does have sleeves already modeled like that.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
            I understand the coding isn't quite "done". I meant since he's running out of code related work, maybe he could help assist with my project. Sorry maybe I should have reworded my statement.
            Sorry but I got my plate full already, one engine project is enough already and I don't have the time to follow more. Also, one suggestion: when you ask people to collaborate, you should have at least something to show in return to get them interested.
            Last edited by Gemini; 09-05-2014, 08:25 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Productive day is productive:
              That's almost a PS2 quality of detail model! Damn you guys are good! Also Gemini, could you tell us more about the unused zombie model? Was it lurking on the Jpn demo or someplace else?

Comment

• Gemini, would you consider licensing your engine out in the future for a fee and you and whoever was licensing it from you could agree on the conditions under which it is licensed under?
                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Or I should use a proper model from Gun Survivor. That test has been made with the generic pack zombie mesh, which does have sleeves already modeled like that.
                  I keep forgetting you've got access to the source models. Do you plan on grabbing the dead prisoner in the jail cell area as well? I think his model is actually part of the level rather than a separate thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                    Gemini, would you consider licensing your engine out in the future for a fee and you and whoever was licensing it from you could agree on the conditions under which it is licensed under?
                    I was also wondering about this. Gemini, I'd love to someday use your engine to make some original games if you're willing to eventually license it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                      That's almost a PS2 quality of detail model! Damn you guys are good! Also Gemini, could you tell us more about the unused zombie model? Was it lurking on the Jpn demo or someplace else?
                      PS2 model=1400+ polygons, Wesker has barely 700 so it's not even barely comparable; lights help tho. The unused zombie is found in the retail builds of GS.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                      Gemini, would you consider licensing your engine out in the future for a fee and you and whoever was licensing it from you could agree on the conditions under which it is licensed under?
                      Nope, I haven't considered the idea. Right now I'm more concerned about giving Squeeze Bomb a nice Survival Horror gameplay.

Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
                      Do you plan on grabbing the dead prisoner in the jail cell area as well? I think his model is actually part of the level rather than a separate thing.
                      The dead prisoner is from what I recall a static object placed over room geometry and also an edit to Leon's model. It's should be a couple HMD models sharing a texture, hence why you find it in at least two poses laying down on the floor. Not sure if it can be used as part of the backgrounds, it's quite low poly and those textures are super low-res.

Comment

• Another update by the game. Autumn is here for good, so we got all these new showcasing images.

Vector-object collision added. Entity-object to go and the collision module is done. #nice_painting_of_a_WHATman

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        PS2 model=1400+ polygons, Wesker has barely 700 so it's not even barely comparable; lights help tho. The unused zombie is found in the retail builds of GS.
                        Well, while technically PS2 can surely do lots more polygons that PS1, the team has managed to push PS1 very close if not beyond it's limits. I've played all survival horror games on PS1, and a great percentage of various action/platform/adventures and I can say that I haven't see any equivalent models like yours. Thus comparing them with PS2. I can't even wait to see what you guys could dig up for the game for the other versions and variations of the game though!

Comment

• Please don't post the Twitter stuff. The pictures don't show and updates are random thoughts that provide basically 0 insight of what I'm doing.

To expand better on that:

Scenario 3D elements now sorta count like hitboxes, but only for sprite effects and other stuff based on vector collision.

Also weapons:

Hopefully I'll soon start working on new individual weapons, rather than edit the Glock to death for my tests. Those are for the battle mode, maybe for the main mode too, if any recycling can be done. Models are Saturn rips with uv maps redone and textures reworked for the occasion.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 09-06-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Please don't post the Twitter stuff. The pictures don't show and updates are random thoughts that provide basically 0 insight of what I'm doing.
                            Roger that chief. It's just that several people do love your work and we're tune into this thread and the facebook/twitter accounts waiting to see more data on your project. I'll stop updating the thread with your updates if that bothers you.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            To expand better on that:

Scenario 3D elements now sorta count like hitboxes, but only for sprite effects and other stuff based on vector collision.

Also weapons:

Hopefully I'll soon start working on new individual weapons, rather than edit the Glock to death for my tests. Those are for the battle mode, maybe for the main mode too, if any recycling can be done. Models are Saturn rips with uv maps redone and textures reworked for the occasion.
                            As for the Saturn version of Biohazard/Resident evil, did the code of the game featured anything outside of the ordinary? Such as any unused objects/items or enemies? I recall somebody mentioning that the Saturn RE had some similarities with the BH2 beta, such as some sound effects if I'm not mistaken.
                            Also, can I make a request please? Is it possible that you could post the zombie model of Wesker? In any case, thumbs up for your informative post!

Comment

• Maybe posting a link to the twitter feed should be okay, just not copying & pasting everything here. It's nice to be updated on progress without actually having to visit a site that I normally wouldn't.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Today I got them weapon inserted and a Redfield to raid the mansion:

Grenade Launcher to come as soon as I'm done adding code for it and rescale the model. Having no weapon+hand combined into a single mesh sure helps adding a ton of these with no extra work; hooray to PEII for the idea.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                                As for the Saturn version of Biohazard/Resident evil, did the code of the game featured anything outside of the ordinary? Such as any unused objects/items or enemies? I recall somebody mentioning that the Saturn RE had some similarities with the BH2 beta, such as some sound effects if I'm not mistaken.
                                Generic internet rumors and we all know the internet is full of such made up crap. The whole game is based on any regular build of RE1, there aren't even unused assets.

Also, can I make a request please? Is it possible that you could post the zombie model of Wesker?
                                It's just regular Wesker with blood stains.

Comment

Working...
                                X