Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post

As you might have noticed from the video posted above, I'm going again into full AI programming mode. What I'm working right now on is T-002 in both his regular and enraged incarnations, plus the Golden T-002 people have been asking me to add for a while. Fortunately the patterns he uses are simple enough to reproduce, but since I like making this stuff as close as possible to the original, I gathered some info straight out of RE1 in order to make it as accurate as possible (even the heart beats at the same rate, only without the ugly code RE1 uses to animate it).
    Gemini's on fire! I'm so glad you managed to include him as well! The surprise seeing him in the Saturn version along the Ticks, were my favorite moments from that port, and you guys are going to have them both!

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    I've also looked into Yawn's AI, gathered as much info as possible on it; he shall be the next enemy to be implemented just as soon as I'm done with T-002.
    Did the DS version was any help? I'm not sure if it's a placebo thing, but I think I liked his behavior pattern better on the DS version.

Comment

• Slowly getting there, I'm a bit burnt out today:

Enter T-002 Berserk Mode. He only really needs a couple more pattern functions, but can be considered almost done. Also took my time to fix the model's normals so that he wouldn't show off weird lighting this time.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
      Totally awesome!. Can't wait for more. Are the framerates improved or is that the illusion?

Out of curiosity where did you get that Grant model?
      Progressive scan I use for video footage can be deceiving, frame rate is the same as usual: steady @ 30 fps. As for Grant, Rusty made it and I converted it to be usable on Squeeze Bomb.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      i heard dino crispo
      You hear it well.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
      Did the DS version was any help? I'm not sure if it's a placebo thing, but I think I liked his behavior pattern better on the DS version.
      As far as I know, the DS patterns are exactly identical. Some may include Director's Cut additions, like the Hyper Zombie, but bosses should behave the same.
      Last edited by Gemini; 12-13-2014, 07:36 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Since were bring up the DS version. Model wise are they the same to their psx counterpart or they vastly improved. I think this was covered before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
          Since were bring up the DS version. Model wise are they the same to their psx counterpart or they vastly improved. I think this was covered before.
          Characters were surely improved. Several enemies were improved, like the zombies, which look fantastic. Some others like Yawn look pretty much identical. I'm unable to check the DS RE at the moment, however I got this impression that Yawn acted less "goofy" in the DS port..

Comment

• Berserk Mode: ON!

T-002's AI patterns are now complete, they lack minor polishing as usual and player death procedures. I made sure to correct some of the issue with the previous footages, so now he has proper sound banks, a more accurate death loop, and other small pattern touches.

Since were bring up the DS version. Model wise are they the same to their psx counterpart or they vastly improved. I think this was covered before.
            Most enemies were kept the same while others were partially or hugely improved. Yawn has been remade partially (new mesh, old texture) while T-002 is brand new and even includes new animations. Zombies were also remade entirely, except for the naked ones which received the same treatment as Yawn. Hunters are another case of partial upgrade, since both mesh and textures are untouched, but they have new animations. The rest of the enemies only received mesh untriangulation to optimize their polycount.

Comment

• Rebecca - thunderstorm tyrants!
              sigpic

Comment

• You can use the model if you want Gemini.

Comment

• Hey Gemini, any chance I could get your textures from DS? I've found links to them however their down. If not the all of them, Barry would suffice.

Comment

• Making some progress with Yawn:

I'm starting to hate him with a passion due to all the math involved to make tail+body joints follow the main node of his body. I had to make a separate animation procedure just for him and it's not even remotely done yet. <_< Hopefully my code shouldn't drain the CPU like the original does with its freaking 12 invisible spawned entities simulating body collisions (i.e. I can animate with bezier interpolation instead of linear), but so far that's the only bright note.

Originally posted by -Rusty- View Post
                    You can use the model if you want Gemini.
                    Many thanks. I think I may use it as an alternative outfit for Chris. Something like this in a pose similar to the Grant sketches:

Hey Gemini, any chance I could get your textures from DS? I've found links to them however their down. If not the all of them, Barry would suffice.
                    This should solve the issue: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wxm6gj

Comment

• Thanks Gemini for the textures. Now if I had the models I'd be set, preferably for Barry and Jill's police alternate outfit.

You've come a long way. After completing Yawn what other behaviors do you need to program?

Comment

I'm starting to hate him with a passion due to all the math involved to make tail+body joints follow the main node of his body. I had to make a separate animation procedure just for him and it's not even remotely done yet. <_< Hopefully my code shouldn't drain the CPU like the original does with its freaking 12 invisible spawned entities simulating body collisions (i.e. I can animate with bezier interpolation instead of linear), but so far that's the only bright note.
                        I had this idea about Yawn's moment pattern and design. It's not a big secret that Yawn look's like a vintage toy and crawls around like he swallowed several balloons. I remember that you're familiar with Dino Crisis, so you might consider adjusting him based upon some other Capcom's monsters.
                        Pleasiosaurus neck and Mosasaurus body movement are actually more faithful to a snake's movement that Yawn's itself. So perhaps you can somehow "reconstruct" him under looking more similar to his future designs (pretty much like you did with Tyrant for example) and use a combination of those two dinosaurs for his movement. I guess it's not going to be the easiest task, but there are only but a few obstacles for you guys anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                          I had this idea about Yawn's moment pattern and design. It's not a big secret that Yawn look's like a vintage toy and crawls around like he swallowed several balloons. I remember that you're familiar with Dino Crisis, so you might consider adjusting him based upon some other Capcom's monsters.
                          Pleasiosaurus neck and Mosasaurus body movement are actually more faithful to a snake's movement that Yawn's itself. So perhaps you can somehow "reconstruct" him under looking more similar to his future designs (pretty much like you did with Tyrant for example) and use a combination of those two dinosaurs for his movement. I guess it's not going to be the easiest task, but there are only but a few obstacles for you guys anyway!
                          The ones with plastic joints?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                            The ones with plastic joints?
                            Yeap! The basic idea is quite old actually! I guess capcom's programmers were somehow limited to do proper animation movement of Yawn, however the did a fine job on the mentioned dinosaurs of Dino Crisis 2. Either way, Gemeni knows what he's doing and I hope we'll see another video soon.
                            And by the way -Rusty-, your model looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                              After completing Yawn what other behaviors do you need to program?
                              I actually took a break from Yawn's freaking body movement and started working on something else:

It does really nothing in its current state, other than showing the item list and a fancy screenshot effect. But back to AI planning, I'm tempted to leave the Yawn for last and implement Black Tiger and Plant 42 in that order.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                              I guess it's not going to be the easiest task, but there are only but a few obstacles for you guys anyway!
                              The dinosaurs in DC have all precalculated movement, while Yawn's almost entirely created in real time and is a peculiar type because otherwise it'd be a mess for the player to get away from his evermoving body. Long story short: I'm sticking to the original because it already gives a solution to a troublesome issue. Now the thing is getting it to work as intended.

Comment

Making some progress with Yawn:

Many thanks. I think I may use it as an alternative outfit for Chris. Something like this in a pose similar to the Grant sketches:

This should solve the issue: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wxm6gj
                                Fix the thighs, I see you switched them to the other side. The pants pouches are facing inwards now.

Comment

Working...
                                X