No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll leave the details to Rusty, he's kindly taking care of upgrading Yawn. The preview he sent me a few days ago is quite literally outstanding.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      I'll leave the details to Rusty, he's kindly taking care of upgrading Yawn. The preview he sent me a few days ago is quite literally outstanding.
      I knew Rusty wouldn't let you down, all his previous models are incredible, so his Yawn couldn't be anything less than that. Also, I hope that you could make a video showcasing the new Yawn once the times comes!

Comment

• It's done. I just have to do a few minor things and that's it.

Comment

• ^ That was a great motivator for me, which is why today I decided to upload a brief WIP chunk of Plant 42 in action:

Of course, it's not completely working yet, but at least the way all those tentacles move and die seems close enough to the original, and you also get to see the FN Minimi. Now, since this boss was a bit too messed up in the encoding, I'm considering the idea of providing some different attacks, like an acid spit coming from those flower-tentacles instead of the usual slap+grab+dandruff fall.
          Last edited by Gemini; 02-12-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Damn, that's so smooth. The original game looks clumsy by comparison. :p

Comment

• Impressive work. This just keeps getting better and better with every update.

Comment

• A little special update for the day:

This is what Rusty's Yawn looks like, which to me is a great upgrade over the green-sausage original. He's still green and all, but now the body is textured in a way that makes patterns a whole lot more interesting. Third screen also shows again the free camera mode, which isn't free anymore yet kinda mimics an over-the-shoulder camera.

For those interested in extras outfits there may be updates following soon. Does John Mayor or ERS ring a bell to anyone?
                Last edited by Gemini; 02-17-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• This is an absolute improvement over the original model, kudos to both Rusty and you Gemini. I am super glad my suggestion for an improved Yawn was into you consideration.
                  I also wanted to ask if the zombie cook is still in works, if yes are we going to see a sneak peek before the final release?
                  and by the way, does the John Mayor happens to be the very same John Mayor from the amazing Deep Fear?! If yes, damn this week has been too good to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                    I also wanted to ask if the zombie cook is still in works, if yes are we going to see a sneak peek before the final release?
                    Actually I had completely forgotten about it. Not that he'd be useful for HB, but I can already imagine that happening at some point, given the nice direction of the artworks.

and by the way, does the John Mayor happens to be the very same John Mayor from the amazing Deep Fear?! If yes, damn this week has been too good to be true!
                    Yup, that John Mayor:

Took me about a full day to figure out the Deep Fear model&texture format. Those model rips should be a nice reference for Rusty, as he's already doing a great job with John's texture.

Comment

• wonderful job gemini !!!when do you think will be playable hazardous battle and behind the mask?

Comment

• Behind the Mask has no schedule whatsoever, Sonic and I are still replanning most delicate details as producing backgrounds with that style resulted in an extremely lengthy process. Talking about Hazardous Battle, it took priority as it's the most complete of the two and it's easier to make a demo for it. As for a release date, as soon as development and extensive tests allow it. The sooner it's released the better, I'm quite eager to get some public feedback hands on.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 02-18-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• okay it's awesome!! congratulations

Comment

• I never played Deep Fear. How did the "moving whilst aiming" controls work?
                            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Imagine how it worked in Dino Crisis 2. Now take that mental picture, make it a lot clumsier and you obtain Deep Fear. The game as a whole isn't that good, because it's technically not exceptional for a title released in 1998 and the story is plain terrible. It's one of those games where the nostalgia factor plays a big role. As a matter of fact, John Mayor is voiced by the same guy who did Wesker in RE1 (Sam Rose), the reason why I'm making him an extra outfit. If my ears didn't fail me the same goes for Mooky and the voice actor who plays Rick in Dino Crisis (Wayne Doster).

Comment

• The Sam Rose connection is reason enough for me to hunt for a copy of Deep Fear now. I've seen some wooly hilarious acting from it before.

I didn't play DC2 though as I didn't enjoy the first one. Did they replace vertical aiming with move forward / backward?

And wasn't there another Saturn only survival horror, but all in 3D, about a man with a beard in a red jacket in a lab either under water or in the arctic?
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X