Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Nightmare Mode No Damage (PC) with Commentary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the online RE community is a small world! I've been watching Carci's stream for a little while now, and they really are very fun to watch and the speed run attempts can be nail-bitingly tense (in a good way). 100% would recommend other people from here to watch his Twitch channel. Was funny when I was typing in Twitch chat and he's like "Hey, are you the same one from THIA?" haha. Me and Chris sit watching his channel later in the night like "Eeeeeeeeeee, is he gonna make it?! HE'S AHEAD 7 SECONDS, WHEEEE!"

Keep doing what you're doing, Carci.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Sup Keg

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
      Two notes regarding your latest video.

1.) I know this is indifferent to what you're doing but should you opt to engage the crocodile in a firefight, the modified handgun is the best option. If I remember correctly, you only need about 2 clips which can be unloaded without much trouble due to the burst ability even if you're reloading during combat. This also frees shotgun and magnum ammunition for later occasions. Likewise, Claire, too, also an odd choice for that fight - the crossbow. Only 18 bolts (or 6 shots) are necessary to defeat it but you need to make sure every single bolt lands which may require close range.
      Yeah, I used the Shotgun for it, because I had a surplus of ammo. Using the Shotgun as Leon A is OK, but for Claire A you absolutely need to use the Handgun since she doesn't have any 1 hit kill options... Claire A on Nightmare is frustratingly hard.

2.) You're using the Sub-Machine Gun against the Lickers wrong. You're supposed to lightly tap the action button continuously, rather than keep your finger on the button. This allows to save ammunition and makes battles slightly faster, although the pacing needs to good too. It's not too risky unless you take too long between shots since each burst forces the Licker back. One of the good things you learn in Extreme Battle LV.3.
      I know the machine gun has a slight push-back when you use it on top of constant action interruption vs. Lickers. Even though I know burst-firing is better, I didn't want to risk the one or two frames I'd be burst-firing to get slashed in the foot, just to save a few bullets. It's next to worthless on Nightmare Mode unless you're fighting Lickers anyway.

I'll upload a new one probably on Monday or Tuesday, because I'm really swamped with trying to max out my Twitch Page atm. I would really like to get into a routine where I could do these once a day though.

Also, Hi Alexia. I saw that Alzaire has followed me as well. Me and everyone at biohazardspeedruns.com figured out a ruleset for All Scenarios (as a sort-of 100% category) so I'm going to be running that tonight.
      Last edited by Carcinogen; 06-01-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Yep, he was looking at your channel and some of the videos earlier, and he's been watching you with me pretty much every night and we both end up on the edge of our seats during the RE2 speed runs. The other night on the run where you were like 8 seconds ahead (think it was 582), he brushing his teeth and he heard me go "NOOOOOOOOO!" and he's like what happened? I turned to him and said he got poisoned by a spider. He was so far ahead as well! Haha.

Great, I shall be tuning in tonight then.

Comment

Sorry for the long period between posting.

I know I was supposed to be banging these out at regular intervals, but maintaining my Twitch page pretty much became Number 1, and because of the frequency of my broadcasts, I'm already running behind that... I'm at nearly 10,000 followers, on top of gaining a subscriber button, and I'm nearly maxing 1,000 viewers a night, which is crazy. I would be lucky to prepare one or two videos per week let alone 4... But I will find a way to fit it into my schedule.

I won't be producing anymore videos until the start of July, because I'm going to play RE2 at a speedrunning marathon in Denver next week... btw, if you're into speedruns even a little bit, you NEED to go to Twitch and watch this marathon, because RE2 is only one hour of 160 hours of speedruns. It's called Summer Games Done Quick 2014, it'll be on the front page of Twitch, and all the information (including schedule and donation incentives) can be found at http://gamesdonequick.com

Comment

Yep, you were good at SGDQ and SGDQ itself was really entertaining. Not surprised you're behind on your actual videos; your stream is getting a lot of attention, especially since SGDQ, and rightly so! I enjoy it a hell of a lot.

Once again, I would recommend anyone on this site to check out his Twitch stream or his Youtube page.

Comment

Working...
            X