No announcement yet.

Outgrowing Resident Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The series is not dead. What you loved in the series is dead, that's quite different. The series is still very much alive, and we will soon see what it has in store for those still interested in it.

Comment

Iv'e not outgrown the series but im feeling less inclined to follow it how I once did. Dont get me wrong, ill keep up to date with new releases etc but iv'e lost the interest in looking more in depth at the universe, especially since 5 and 6. Prior to 5 I would look into lots of back story and tidbits of information, early builds, changes, concepts etc but that interest in the recent titles has faded (partly due to less and less supplemental material). Iv'e recently decided to stop collecting for the franchise due to several reasons. I still think theres life in the old dog yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer
        Series is dead.
        I want to see how RE7 turns out before stating something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          The series is not dead. What you loved in the series is dead, that's quite different. The series is still very much alive, and we will soon see what it has in store for those still interested in it.
          Best of luck.

Originally posted by Grem View Post
          I understand where you're coming from; I said that about RE6 after 5.
          Last edited by REmaster; 05-27-2014, 09:21 PM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I haven't grown out of it. I still play the classics. I sold RE4, 5 and 6 recently.
            sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

i havent outgrown it, and i never will. because for one thing, i dont depend on past games to hope for a better future. if gaming doesnt evolve, then what's the point anymore. if the series doesnt take any risks, then it isnt trying. sorry, but the so called "wanted RE2 remake"? could give a shit less if it ever existed. would i still play it if it happened? yeah, obviously. but i'm not going to depend on its existence to make my happy with this series. i've stopped all anticipation, and everything that ever releases i have low expectations for - i end up enjoying gaming much more this way.
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

After RE5 and 6, My expectation from Capcom is non-existent.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  i havent outgrown it, and i never will. because for one thing, i dont depend on past games to hope for a better future. if gaming doesnt evolve, then what's the point anymore. if the series doesnt take any risks, then it isnt trying. sorry, but the so called "wanted RE2 remake"? could give a shit less if it ever existed. would i still play it if it happened? yeah, obviously. but i'm not going to depend on its existence to make my happy with this series. i've stopped all anticipation, and everything that ever releases i have low expectations for - i end up enjoying gaming much more this way.
                  So would you say your interest has reached it's lowest point?
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                    We had the same misguided hope with RE6. "Oh, let's see how RE6 turns out!" and once again we were wrong, just as we'll be wrong again with RE7. People cling on to false hope, too much stock invested in the series and too afraid to know when tto walk away.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

We do have a reason to be optimistic: As a result of the critical success of Revelations over 6 Capcom have said that 7 will be going back to the franchise's horror roots.

Also, since 5 came out, we've seen a resurging interest in survival horror via Indie devs & fans, which is cultimating in a game in the Alien franchse finally focusing on survival horror and not all out action.

There is a good chance that Capcom is aware of this as well.
                      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                        Capcom have said that 7 will be going back to the franchise's horror roots.
                        They said the same about RE6.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

^ yeah, but now they know that can't pull the same stunt like they did with RE6..

I just hope its true horror without any stupid stuff inbetween that all games since RE4 had.
                          I thought RE4 was good until I reached the castle stage (WTF is goin on) and RE5 until the underground aztec temple place (ruined the little horror in RE5)
                          and even RE6 with Leon's campaign (the wierd underground catacombs and skellys) I was like, seriously.

RE needs to take itself more seriously and not include any stupid s**t - Revelations had some good sections (the only bit which was a bad was the end - diving, seriously?)
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            and RE5. Remember "Fear You Won't Forget"?

Yeah, Right.... The only "Fear" there was is paying $60 for a game that is falsely advertised.

"No Hope Left" Pretty much sums up Capcom's only a matter of time demise....

Mikami is gonna dominate with The Evil Within. Watch. His game is pretty much a "Middle Finger" to Capcom. Same goes for Inafune's Mighty No.9.
                            Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-28-2014, 08:25 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              Yeah....Well....Good Luck with that one.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                They said they'd be 3 different gaming styles, each tied to a particular character. Leon was supposed to about zombies and puzzles.

They clearly went in that direction, but personnally I don't think they handle it well.

Plus, it's hard to really predict these kinds of things. Dev teams generally have a high turn over rate between projects and at a company the size of Capcom, Creative Directors can change between projects in a single franchise.

I'm happy to be open minded and judge what I see and read about when (if) it's shown at E3 and not going to reserve judgement until then.
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X