The Collection of Biohazard Book - Limited to 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Collection of Biohazard Book - Limited to 100

Hey guys, thought I'd chime in here and mention a friend of mine who created a book of resident evil collectibles that exist. I created a post mentioning a bit more than what the seller says in his auction, but the book only costs $35. Talks about Resident evil statues, lighters, clothing, and all other weird stuff that has come in form of merchandise.

http://www.videogameauctions.com/the...imited-to-100/

Buy here!

He put a lot of work into creating the book and although it's not official, I highly doubt Capcom would ever create something like this.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-17-2014, 06:43 PM.

Not sure why I bought it but I did.
    sigpic

Comment

looks pretty cool, ill more then likely pic it up.thanks
      sigpic
      See No Evil

Comment

Interesting book for collectors, will give them something to work towards!

Comment

Reminds me of the Biohazard Advertisements book. I own one of those and they are cool. Though I'd rather have something like Research on BIOHAZARD 2 Final Edition, which I do.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Great.
            Leon asked me for a few details on some items months ago and showed me some pages he'd worked on. It really does look great. I've been looking forward to it ever since.
            Can't wait for my copy to arrive
            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-17-2014, 09:39 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll be sure to pick up a copy next pay day. Looks amazing and very detailed. I know that this Leon guy has almost every HK Biohazard comic, so I hope he's done a kind of checklist for covers and mini figures that came with each issue.

Comment

So I want to buy a book with hundreds of photographs of collectibles that I would most likely never own?

Comment

That's about the size of it.

Iv'e just ordered my copy of it and am really looking forward to getting it. Some of the items in the book I own, others, as you said, I will likely never own e.g Code Veronica music box. For me, I would much rather have a book (containing what look to be very well done photos of these items) than just look at images online. As a collector by nature, having something like this will be a nice second best for owning the actual items.

Im not usually one for unofficial items but this looks to be so well done and looks to be a very interesting collection of images, I just couldn't help myself.

Comment

Got mine earlier today. I didn't open it yet but I'm disappointed this was shipped in a bubble mailer. I hope there's no damage, considering I paid $13.50...

Will review it tonight.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very quick review:

Book has some excellent photographs, which is probably the strong point of the book. It must have taken HOURS to nail the perfect shots he has in the book. There's small details on a LOT of merchandise, which is what this book is for. His format is typically YEAR / VALUE / LOCATION and then gives a brief 2-3 sentence about the item and it's release. However, it appears the book is some-what poorly written. There are a bunch of grammatical issues, which I feel he could have benefited if he used a translator. Do not get me wrong, the book is not unreadable, it's just not "spellchecked". I only went through a handful of pages, but there's some nice merchandise I've never seen. I specifically want the 1:1 Dragonfly Key from CV really badly.

The included patch is pretty neat. Patches are pretty useless to me, but I will throw it in my RE statue showcase. It's a blue-white stars logo highlighting the series' 15th anniversary. Maybe stick it on the backwall or something.

My book was SLIGHTLY damaged, and I might bring it up to him. I got 008/100.
                      sigpic

Comment

Haven't received mine yet, but I'm excited to see what's inside of it.

If there are some grammer mistakes and what-not, it wouldn't bother me much as most of the collectibles I get from Japan have grammer/spelling mistakes even when produced by big companies like Capcom and Squaresoft. Anyone can critize as that's the easy part, but putting yourself in someone's shoes is a lot harder. Poor guy was probably exhusted and tired of the project and just didn't have it in him to give it that one last push; so he published it. Now if it was bad to the point where nothings comprehendable then I'd say wtf. But there shouldn't be any surprise when I receive it. Still awesome that anyone would even attempt doing something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_Jackson View Post
                          Haven't received mine yet, but I'm excited to see what's inside of it.

If there are some grammer mistakes and what-not, it wouldn't bother me much as most of the collectibles I get from Japan have grammer/spelling mistakes even when produced by big companies like Capcom and Squaresoft. Anyone can critize as that's the easy part, but putting yourself in someone's shoes is a lot harder. Poor guy was probably exhusted and tired of the project and just didn't have it in him to give it that one last push; so he published it. Now if it was bad to the point where nothings comprehendable then I'd say wtf. But there shouldn't be any surprise when I receive it. Still awesome that anyone would even attempt doing something like this.
                          My thoughts exactly. Capcom hasnt always churned out gold when it comes to translations. Archives book had its fair share of grammatical and other errors.

Comment

#12 reporting in.
                            I got my copy today and have had a good look through it.
                            It's really quite good. It's not comprehensive in terms of what's been released; however there's a diverse range of different things to really give a good idea of what's out there. A lot of the location shots are really impressive and add flavour to the items.
                            My biggest gripe with the book is that in the few double spreads in the book, the items will be in the crease and a lot of detail is obscured. I think the item per page format works the best. There's only 2-3 items where this occurs.
                            Sure the English in the captions isn't always 100% spot on; but the detail is easy to understand, and from what I know of the items, very very accurate.

There's hints at another installment which I'm looking forward to. Bravo Leon.
                            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 07-02-2014, 04:05 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

#17 here.

Overall very happy with the book, lots of very interesting items, pictures are great and you can tell a lot of time and effort has gone into it. I like the little notes by each image, and I like he included the original retail prices where applicable The errors in the text haven't bothered me at all, there was nothing I couldnt understand on the first read.

I agree with Gene above about the placement of some of the double spread images however as he said, its minimal. I do wish there had been so card put in the envelope with the book to try and prevent any creases etc but overall it turned up in good shape , but the card wouldnt have gone a miss (especially as I would think most of his sales would be from abroad).

I like the hint at the end too about a book covering 4,5,6 too. Nice to see such obscure items. I know theres lots of clothes and watches for almost every game, these aren't something I tend to collect as the prices or often obscene. Be interesting to see if he has the BSAA luggage bags Capcom were selling a while back!

Comment

Working...
                              X