Sadly SELLING my Resident Evil Collection :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly SELLING my Resident Evil Collection :(

the ebay link maybe someone will be interested, its open to offers ! A sad day but i am moving and it can't be avoided , i will re collect again

Originally posted by cacky View Post
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/121364930605?...84.m1555.l2649

the ebay link maybe someone will be interested, its open to offers ! A sad day but i am moving and it can't be avoided , i will re collect again
    I'm pretty sure I could purchase all of that brand new today for a third of the price your asking for.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
      I'm pretty sure I could purchase all of that brand new today for a third of the price your asking for.
      Brand new sealed? Get real.

Not saying that it isn't expensive. Used, in good conditon, it's maybe worth half-ish.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Nice collection! I hope it finds a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
          Brand new sealed? Get real.

Not saying that it isn't expensive. Used, in good conditon, it's maybe worth half-ish.
          Perhaps. But the only rare items is the Remake, 3 game cube, UC bundle and the PS1 Gun Survivor factory sealed. Everything else can be found reasonably easy and reasonably cheaply. Depends if this gentleman's collection is factory sealed or that 'mint condition' is just hiding the word 'used'. If so its worth no more than £200.
          Last edited by TheBatMan; 06-16-2014, 02:05 PM.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

It's not the type of stuff that I like to collect, but good luck with the sale
            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-28-2014, 12:10 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

It really is sad to see people that were / are fans selling their stuff. For a minute there, I thought this was a Dot50Cal topic.

I would not sell off my RE collection, which really only consists of the games and their guides.

Comment

why can't you just move and take your resident evil collection ?

Comment

One thing that interests me a lot is not the study of human behavior in social settings, but human behavior online. One could analyze this thread and draw many conclusions as to why the seller is getting rid of his/her Resident Evil collection. One good point is why not take the collection with them wherever he/she is moving? Taking a quick glance at the auction, the collection is not huge by any means. I mean it's a good solid foundation; all the DVD's which personally I wouldn't add to my collection as it's hollywoods take on RE which is complete bullshit, and then the solid games and guides/books. All of that is enough to fit into a standard box and drag to the new location. However, there's a deeper meaning to why he/she wants to get rid of the collection. People do grow up, and as the years go by disconnect themselves from their hobby/collections. It's a natural occurance and we see people listing LOTS on eBay of all sorts of collections (video game collection, statue collection, Super Mario vintage collection, etc...). Personally though, a Resident Evil collection for me consists of ultra rare items that a fan has to seek years to find and finally own. Phantom Tokyo clothing, getting your hands on a couple of official airsoft guns, rare magazines, statues, figures, promotional items that were handed out in limited numbers.

I believe that cacky has outgrown his/her collection and decided to move on in life. It happens to a lot of collectors. But, also to acknowledge this disconnect is sometimes shameful and embarrassing as one has prided themselves of the collection. I could even go as far as saying people do want to accept this disconnect so they make up reasons to get rid of their collection after all the years of hard work and stress just to build it. So to completely flat out say "I don't care about Resident Evil anymore please buy my scrap" is unorthodox & not traditional by any means. So the scape goat will always be "I am moving so I need to sell", or "I need to make payments on my house so please help me" etc... But no one will ever say that they've moved on from the Resident Evil hobby (or any other hobby for that matter). Of course this is just a simple assumption and I have over dramatized the whole scenario lol, but just saying that human behavior online is very, very interesting to me....

Comment

I must say, I have lost interest in survival horror somewhat as it's not what it used to be, but that doesn't mean people like I don't appreciate certain aspects of the genre any more. Everything changes eventually. There are still great indie games influenced by RE. I guess they had to alter them radically, otherwise there would be way too much repetition. But I suppose they can only change things around every so often before even that becomes stale. I think this is why they made Chris have that Roman Reigns punch. Laugh out loud!

Comment

Working...
                    X