Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Yes, I can. And CAPCOM is pretty notorious for not backing up source assets. Why do you think BIO2 has never had backgrounds in anything but 320x240? They erased the originals.

It is re-rendering, at least in the manner he used it. They don't have the source assets so they can't exactly re-render those. The only thing they can do is what Cavia did for BIOUC, which was to merely recreate the environments as accurately as they could.
    I don't fully agree with that. You can see Cavia replaced some of those assets in the UC (and DC) stages, but some of them have been also directly recovered from somewhere and match the originals... I suspect somewhere someone at Capcom found a dump of assets for both Remake and Zero and told Cavia staff to sort though it themselves if they wanted to find usable assets. Considering they certainly provided some materials that were used, especially character and enemy models, I don't find it hard to believe they supplied whatever could be found to make the game as easily and cheaply as possible. That might not be all of the 3D assets used for the CG models, but it was more than enough given whats shown in the UC/DC shooter titles.
    Last edited by Rombie; 08-31-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Trailer

sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        I don't fully agree with that. You can see Cavia replaced some of those assets in the UC (and DC) stages, but some of them have been also directly recovered from somewhere and match the originals... I suspect somewhere someone at Capcom found a dump of assets for both Remake and Zero and told Cavia staff to sort though it themselves if they wanted to find usable assets. Considering they certainly provided some materials that were used, especially character and enemy models, I don't find it hard to believe they supplied whatever could be found to make the game as easily and cheaply as possible. That might not be all of the 3D assets used for the CG models, but it was more than enough given whats shown in the UC/DC shooter titles.
        The reused assets are just taken straight from the original disks of those games, as far as I remember.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• ^ I figured that might be a chance for the 3D models, but I'm unsure how possible that is when it comes to environment data though... unless someone was basically grabbing texture samples from the pre-renders and then expanding on using them. I guess it's always possible.

Comment

• The gameplay looks very nice and the updated models look amazing. The scrolling camera doesn't even bother me, they implemented it very smoothly into the gameplay giving it a cinematic feel. But as usual, people will always find something to bitch about

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
              Probably because re2 was made on a 96/97 gpu where as re3 was made on a 98 gpu, it was more than likely only ever rendered at 320x240.
              The Dreamcast being one of the first vga compatible consoles in 98 everybody before that was using either shitty composite, s-video or even worse RF, I know us europeans only really upgraded to rgb-scart to play imports in colour on the earlier modchips, the quality bump from RF to rgb-scart was a added bonus.
              Except that the rendering is done on the CPU, GPU is used only to displays the viewport, this is why some workstations were sold with 8bit graphics adapter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_Creative_Environment_snap2.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	403750Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_Creative_Environment_snap1.png
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	403751

This is from an approximately 1994 SGI version of Softimage Creative Environment, before they changed the name into Softimage|3D.

To notice, the dithering, due to the very low spec graphics adapter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_3D_03.png
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	403752Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_3D_04.png
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	403753

This is the latest Windows NT version.
              Last edited by SonicBlue; 09-03-2014, 05:41 AM. Reason: broken attachment

Comment

• DToid said the voice actors would be "more professional" but I don't hear much difference in the trailer. They also dont give a source for this, anyone see it mentioned elsewhere? I mean it was fine before.

Last edited by Code_R; 09-01-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                  DToid said the voice actors would be "more professional" but I don't hear much difference in the trailer. They also dont give a source for this, anyone see it mentioned elsewhere? I mean it was fine before.

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-co...2-280480.phtml
                  The English VA's are the same. They probably confused the fact that they're getting professional Japanese VA's.

Comment

• Damn, I was kind of hoping that they would have updated the VA's with the RE5 cast (as I much prefer Jill's VA from 5 over Revelations). I would have liked something along the lines of what the Silent Hill HD collection had where you could switch between the new and original voice cast. Oh, well.

Comment

• Newsbot : Actually there are slight differences between the original intro and this new one. A friend pointed out that Joseph's scream was different (although Kenneth's scream remains the same), and that Chris now says "Jill, come on !' instead of just "Come on !". Plus, the gun sounds are different too.

Comment

• I figured those voices were just to make the trailer more dramatic tbh. The game will most likley still have the exact same voices. Gotta say the camera movement looks very nice and creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Newsbot : Actually there are slight differences between the original intro and this new one. A friend pointed out that Joseph's scream was different (although Kenneth's scream remains the same), and that Chris now says "Jill, come on !' instead of just "Come on !". Plus, the gun sounds are different too.
                          Well that's curious...

Comment

• Like I said I think those were just for the trailer. I'm pretty sure if they were updating the voices they woulda said so

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              Like I said I think those were just for the trailer. I'm pretty sure if they were updating the voices they woulda said so
                              This. They were just mixing and mashing voice clips. I don't see why anyone would want them to change REmake's VA cast anyways....I would VERY much be opposed to that.
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-01-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• I myself wouldn't be too mad since none of them were masterfull. I'd be more mad if they changed the soundtrack but at the same time i'd be all up for a remade soundtrack if they gave you the choice to pick the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X