No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not everyone owned a GameCube or Wii, I think Capcom are doing those people a big favor. On top of that it isn't like they're gonna be selling this for $60, the PS3 disc version is $35, the digital release will most likely be even cheaper.

You know, I would understand peoples opinions if this was on par with the "Silent Hill HD Collection". Capcom could have easily done something like that and made this game look even worse than it did on GameCube, but they didn't. They even came up with a very nice solution to fit the original 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9 with a scrolling camera which gives it a cool cinematic look. If they really didn't care they could've just skewed the backgrounds. It's things like that fans should be noticing and caring about. REmake already has plenty of replay modes and unlockables anyways.
    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-09-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• It does...but its been 12 years now. Theres a whole new audience who hasn't experienced the game, which is fine. What about those of us who beat the crap out of the game and want something new?

As I said before, no new content just isn't acceptable in the multi-player online era of gaming and I'm tired of them selling the exact same fucking game for different consoles with little to no content added.

I'd take the original graphics, lighting and controls if they had some decent new content for the game because, because a games graphics don't definite how much fun the game itself is.

Sorry about my disagreeable bitterness, but they should have figured this out by now and stop beating the dead horse any harder.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-09-2014, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• On the half-full glass side of things, Hirabayahsi didn't actually tell there would not be any new content at all. New areas, new puzzles, new story additions : these ones were not expected anyway, let's be realistic here. New weapons or new enemies, on the other hand, were still a possibility, but apparently we'll have to "abandon hope" of getting any of those. Bonus outfits are a given, I mean, what else would they unlock from the "Contagion" website ? I'm still holding my breath for bonus modes. They did make a harder difficulty mode for REV1 HD, after all.

Comment

• Never mind, wrong thread
          Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-09-2014, 07:35 AM.
          Spoiler:

Comment

• I must admit I don't get the community's love of alternative costumes in RE games. I know they're cheap to produce, relative to other types of content (you only need a new model, no new anims etc), for Capcom, but they don't offer anything new to the game itself.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
              I must admit I don't get the community's love of alternative costumes in RE games. I know they're cheap to produce, relative to other types of content (you only need a new model, no new anims etc), for Capcom, but they don't offer anything new to the game itself.
              I must point it would be cool to see jill's NORMAL face with RE5/Rev costumes.

Comment

I must admit I don't get the community's love of alternative costumes in RE games. I know they're cheap to produce, relative to other types of content (you only need a new model, no new anims etc), for Capcom, but they don't offer anything new to the game itself.
                Well .. they add to the replay value. I have to admit though, I prefer the Alt Outfits on ALL REs up until RE4..

The modern thing of ridiculous outfits like in 5 and 6 were awful. REmake's were nice,and two acted as movie nods - Outbreak had some good ones too... Claire's in RE was pretty sweet..

Nothing like Pirate Jill, S&M Chris in 5 or Gangsta Leon in 4 though please Capcom LOL
                But yeah, if we do get new outfits - make them new ones.. not just RE5 rehashes .. New, like what they did with the DS version.. from scratch
                Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 09-09-2014, 02:06 PM.
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  Well .. they add to the replay value. I have to admit though, I prefer the Alt Outfits on ALL REs up until RE4..

The modern thing of ridiculous outfits like in 5 and 6 were awful. REmake's were nice,and two acted as movie nods - Outbreak had some good ones too... Claire's in RE was pretty sweet..

Nothing like Pirate Jill, S&M Chris in 5 or Gangsta Leon in 4 though please Capcom LOL
                  But yeah, if we do get new outfits - make them new ones.. not just RE5 rehashes .. New, like what they did with the DS version.. from scratch
                  I would have to disagree, I liked the more "reserved" outfits from older games but some of the over the top ones that have come from recent titles are great. Also, I like how you hate on gangster Leon in RE4 when the real gangsta style was Chris in REmake.

Shout outs to RPD Leon, Fairytale Sheva, Officer Helena and Schoolgirl Sherry.

...Wow, for someone who's into guys I sure do love the sexier lady outfits.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-09-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Just because it is a staple in the series doesn't mean its anything to look forward to. It was nice up to RE3 because you could at least unlock new locations and animations. RE2, which I consider the most worthwhile costume feature, makes you have to EARN the key even after you beat the game and the reward is far greater than any other costume feature from a different RE:New animations and weapons?? This was only the second game and they just trumped its predecessor in every way.

Comment

• If there is a clothes swapping system, why leave it as a cosmetic extra? It's odd that Capcom never returned to the clothing mechanics (protect vs carry space) from 1.5 barring the extra carry room in 2&3 and Leon's bandages in 2.
                      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Check this out :
                        'Like' on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Biohazard-France/153137754705887Follow on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/BiohazardFrance

ORC footage will make some of us cringe. I wonder if the text is different though. Wesker's japanese VA is quite... meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          I wonder if the text is different though.
                          They're using the updated 2003 text, judging from the use of Marcus' assassination there.

Disappointed with the video though. A totally lazy, amateur job.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Using ORC footage?

Comment

• It would have been nice if after you finished the game debouched a way to embody our captain wesker, as in resident evil 4 with ada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                                ...Wow, for someone who's into guys I sure do love the sexier lady outfits.
                                This is me all over. Though gimme dat Sailor Chris costume < more like them please Capcom. I think they are hilarious and sexy at the same time.
                                Though I would love for some cool outfits for Jill, heck even PS1 styled models again would satisfy me greatly.

Comment

Working...
                                X