No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed in the comparison video the crimson head in the beginning was using the moan of the normal zombie. I know it said "work in progress" but if they seriously got rid of the crimson head audio I'm gonna be mad. And the game looks beautiful, can't even tell it was upscaled

Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-03-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• I LOVE the 5 o clock shadow added on Chris' new hd texture.

Comment

• I doubt Capcom got rid of the Crimson Head audio - they used it again for Umbrella Chronicles after all.. They'd be pretty dumb to change that now..
        I think Chris looks great in HD, Jill looks good also, but her improvements aren't as noticeable IMO
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
          NO!

The backgrounds still look horrendous! They lack any new detail and looks heavily washed out due to the overfiltering that was done i.e. Denoising filter. Look at the wall and carpets, they look like one big mish mash, you cant define the fine pattern designs (which is a shame since work like that cant be appreciated even in this HD day and age.

I will probably make my own comparisons with this footage and with the Dolphin emulator which will showcase what is hiding beneath the low-res of the GC.
          I might play it in SD to simulate the same softing effect and reap the benefit of the better antialiasing on the 3d models like with Dolphin, check out the scence with Jill getting attacked in the secret mirror corridor on the ngc version it has fog like effect which is also noticable in zero, yet in the HD version it's clear and sterile.

Comment

• ^ I think I get what you mean... but its hard to tell if thats just blurry images on the video or not.
            The background does look a lot more subtle than in the super crisp re-done room..

Let's hope if we play in 4:3 mode and mess with the contrast/brightness settings, that we can get a better picture (thats how I'll be playing first anyway)
            Might trial widescreen scrolling mode second, but I hate how most of the scene gets clipped away :/
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
              ^ I think I get what you mean... but its hard to tell if thats just blurry images on the video or not.
              The background does look a lot more subtle than in the super crisp re-done room..

Let's hope if we play in 4:3 mode and mess with the contrast/brightness settings, that we can get a better picture (thats how I'll be playing first anyway)
              Might trial widescreen scrolling mode second, but I hate how most of the scene gets clipped away :/
              It could be hdmi not washing out the colours as much so eveything looks super sharp rather than the subtle blur, I only ever played remake and zero using rgb-scart never tried it with component to see if it's any clearer, I remember thinking with zero I had a fake cable or broken gamecube because rgb-scart didn't look much better than composite, the ps2 seems to benefit more from the cable upgrade.

Comment

• I can't wait to see the new menu (if it gets one) and see how easy this new Very Easy mode is....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  I can't wait to see the new menu (if it gets one) and see how easy this new Very Easy mode is....
                  new difficulties? i hope they are not unlocked.

Best options in the videogame's universe:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-0907131938.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	403772

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                    new difficulties? i hope they are not unlocked.

Best options in the videogame's universe:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9755[/ATTACH]
                    It's just a "very easy" mode and I suspect is really the Japanese easy mode from the original Japanese release put across to all audiences. It would mean the Americans and Europeans get to have a go at the Japanese easy and the Japanese can try the American/Euro Hard mode that neither originally had.

Comment

• Some released gameplay footage.

Basically looks likes upscaled garbage!

Jill: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/resid.../2300-6421699/

Chris: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/resid.../2300-6421700/

Comment

Some released gameplay footage.

You are either hater or blind, cuz HD REmaster looks beautiful.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

• You technically missed all of our previous posts inregards to the backgrounds, they are a horrible mess of been upscaled and filtered to make turd "polished".

I would ever ever ever give them praise if they bothered to actually re-rendered the backgrounds in HD and in true 16:9, instead of this shitty resized, zoom/crop that they did!

Comment

Some released gameplay footage.

Thanks for sharing this. I've been dying to see new footage of the HD gameplay. Most backgrounds look decent upscaled and cropped but the ones that suffer the absolute most are ones that originally featured a lot of small details like wallpaper patterns, patterns on china, etc. The smoothing filters make those details look so awful. I think that all the textures for 3D objects should have been remade. Only some of them were updated (characters and enemies for example) while many object textures are poorly upscaled. I also don't like that the inventory menu is 4:3 even when you are playing in 16:9 mode. If you are going to update the game to support widescreen, don't do a half-assed job on that.

Comment

• I just remembered something. Capcom kept the assets for REmake years after the original release as evident by the new cgi videos created for the RE slot machine game. Do you think that Capcom didn't want to do a proper high-res render for this HD remake because it would have been too much work to edit old assets made on outdated software?

Comment

• I just remembered something. Capcom kept the assets for REmake years after the original release as evident by the new cgi videos created for the RE slot machine game. Do you think that Capcom didn't want to do a proper high-res render for this HD remake because it would have been too much work to edit old assets made on outdated software?
                                Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it already established that they don't have the original assets since the team who made Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles had to remake the environments from Zero/REmake from scratch? People can complain all they want, but if it were so easy to re-render everything then you can bet they would have already done that instead of manually editing the existing ones. In any case, it really does seem like the renders they are working with are at least of a higher resolution than the ones used in the original game, as evidenced by the additional details on the wall marks and candelabra. Either that or they're adding those details in manually, which makes this more than a "simple upscale job" that seem people are making it out to be.
                                Attached Files
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X