Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arklay - Resident Evil TV series

I've found this yesterday! I really don't know how to feel about this!! D:

Inspired by the Resident Evil franchise, ARKLAY is a new scripted survival horror series that delves into the mysterious homicides of Raccoon City.

When Detective James Reinhardt is thrust into a series of bizarre homicides, he unravels the city is hiding a dark conspiracy. Learning a fatal virus is connected to it all, Reinhardt discovers it’s already coursing through him. With time no longer on his side, he must solve the conspiracy to save his own life.
    The in-development series Arklay hopes to bring the world of Resident Evil to television, and offers proof-of-concept video reel to prove it can be done.
    Last edited by RE-Hiro; 08-12-2014, 07:38 AM.

Seems interesting and I hope some of the other characters from the games make cameos if it even gets done.

Comment

Awful idea, interesting concept but no. I'd rather they did a mini series on the Mansion incident.

Comment

Yeah, it really sounds interesting, and i love everything RE related, but i hope they do a really good job.
        Even though i do like most of paul anderson movies (yeah i said it! xD) they lack many (many many many) things the videogames have!! So i'm kinda worry how they will translate the story into a tv series

Also i' m one of those people who hate when something goes "mainstream"! (Like thor!! I hate how many of my girl friends in facebok have homoerotic pictures of him!! T_T) so even if it goes very well i would hate to meet people and they be like:

"ahh you like Arklay? I'm a huge fan, i watch every episode!!"
        "Well, i have played the videogames..."
        "Wait! There are videogames?!"

So yeah, i have mixed feelings!! xD
        Last edited by RE-Hiro; 08-12-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Awful idea, interesting concept
          wut
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Interesting concept, but an awful idea.

One of those "sounds ok on paper" projects.

Comment

Sounds terrible.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Might even work, if the developers don't deviate too much from the source material. Unfortunately I fear they may do just that. Hollywood has a sad record of "not getting" what made the original work. The protagonist should ultimately die because of this small, insignificant detail about Raccoon City getting nuked and all.

Comment

Deviating from the source material has worked just fine for the films :/

Comment

Quality wise, no. But financially, sadly yes. Just slap on some melodramatic performances and have this air after the walking dead takes its break between seasons or so, and they might make some money.

Comment

"Oh boy."
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I would love to see a Japanese anime rendition of original trilogy. Perhaps divide each game (and depict the events between them) up into several episodes for a mini-series...though I'm sure the opportunity and interest for something like this have long passed.

Live action and CGI don't capture the feel of the games' atmosphere for me, but I think success could be found with traditional animation if the original RE artwork is any indication of what could be accomplished.
                        Last edited by Graco; 08-14-2014, 04:25 PM.
                        sigpic
                        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
                          I would love to see a Japanese anime rendition of original trilogy. Perhaps divide each game (and depict the events between them) up into several episodes for a mini-series...though I'm sure the opportunity and interest for something like this have long passed.

Live action and CGI don't capture the feel of the games' atmosphere for me, but I think success could be found with traditional animation if the original RE artwork is any indication of what could be accomplished.
                          I've said it many a time here that 4-D Executor is the best resi film, it's not overly forced / americanized like the others plus it has no bearing on main storyline, no awkward tie-ins with previous characters and where able to freely create whatever they wanted. After that i'd say Damnation although I cringed at it's over topness, daft tyrant battle and the russian Bobby Hill reject arse licking Leon.

Comment

It would be interesting to use the script of romero on resident evil, and entrust it to another director so that could make it a reboot is the TV series as a prequel.

Comment

This has got to be a sick joke. I mean come on I hope no one is buying this? Look at the movie reel on the site. You have Laurence Fishburne out of the blue and randomly have the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Comment

Working...
                              X