Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claire is back in Revelations 2 along with Burton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While he might be overreacting a bit, hes still not wrong about Capcom being dicks to their voice actors.

Comment

• Not saying they aren't. Most of the industry don't really care about them and they don't get paid enough in my view.

Comment

• Are you including developers within "Most of the industry"?

I doubt more than a handful of people within a studio will know how much voice actors will get paid and games have everything from friends of devs to film stars providing voices so I don't know how you can make such a blanket statement on their pay. Nor are the majority of devs involved in casting choices or recording sessions so it's possible to care and not be able to do anything about it.

There are obviously alot of things that can be improved, the quality of both the acting and the script vary across titles, and there will be those that don't get paid as much as they should, or those that get paid a significant portion of the dev budget of a title, but things are better than they were 15 years ago, some companies do better at it than others and will continue to get better as time goes on. It's not black and white as you portray it.
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Do we know when REV 2 is supposed to be set? Chris hasn't been mentioned at all, which makes me think it's supposed to be set during the time after Chris got amnesia in Edonia. Makes me wonder if REV 2 is supposed to be a lead up to RE6, in which case, maybe we'll end up seeing more of Carla and Simmons. It wouldn't really surprise me if the island is supposed to be another one of Carla's C-Virus test sites, just like Marhawa Academy in the manga. Also, wasn't the C-Virus made using the T-Veronica virus? Heh.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            Do we know when REV 2 is supposed to be set? Chris hasn't been mentioned at all, which makes me think it's supposed to be set during the time after Chris got amnesia in Edonia. Makes me wonder if REV 2 is supposed to be a lead up to RE6, in which case, maybe we'll end up seeing more of Carla and Simmons. It wouldn't really surprise me if the island is supposed to be another one of Carla's C-Virus test sites, just like Marhawa Academy in the manga. Also, wasn't the C-Virus made using the T-Veronica virus? Heh.
            Sometime in 2011. So there is a possibility for Chris in this game, but most likely a cameo at the end. He probably saves Claire, Moira and Spoiler:
            . I wonder know who will be Spoiler:
            in this game? Rebecca? Jill? Someone completelly new?
            Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-14-2014, 06:44 AM.
            Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              While he might be overreacting a bit, hes still not wrong about Capcom being dicks to their voice actors.
              Yeah that's bullshit. Very few if any developers seek out old voice actors just to say they're not being brought back. Another recent example would be David Hayter.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• It happens. A lot. When you voice a character you're not signing a contract to voice them for life, and that's why companies can replace people.
                I really do wish that Alyson would come back, but I completely expected this after Sally didn't come back for RE6.

Comment

• One of the reasons you see a lot of voice actors getting "replaced" these days (in various mediums, not just RE) is probably partly due to the fact that performance capture has also become a larger thing now, which means that you can either get a person who can do mocap, performance capture and voice acting, all at once, or you can end up having to utilize, worst case scenario, three different people for each category + some poor guy who has to suffer through the task of stitching it all together into a final product.

In every possible way, it makes more sense to "hopefully" just have to pay one person for their effort, rather than having to pay for 3 different people + possibly overtime on another guy.

Recasting actors left 'n' right is still mainly an English VA thing, it seems, regardless of reason. Most other countries/languages tend to be pretty solid at keeping the same actors around and about for reprising their roles.
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 09-14-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    Recasting actors left 'n' right is still mainly an English VA thing, it seems, regardless of reason. Most other countries/languages tend to be pretty solid at keeping the same actors around and about for reprising their roles.
                    Actually one interesting case is Kiyoshi Kobayashi has been voicing Diasuke Jigen in the Lupin Anime since 1969 or so. Last time he voiced Jigen was in 2012 Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine when he was 79.

Comment

• capcom has tried to keep consistency before. Back when they did darkside chronicles they tried calling back sherry's original voice actress to reprise her role. Unfortunately her voice changed too much so they couldn't use her. They did a good job when they recast Ada, I didn't notice a difference until i actually played the game but in the end theres still something missing from the performance.I know it wont kill the game for me completely but i really hope they bring Alison back. She is Claire Redfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                        capcom has tried to keep consistency before. Back when they did darkside chronicles they tried calling back sherry's original voice actress to reprise her role. Unfortunately her voice changed too much so they couldn't use her. They did a good job when they recast Ada, I didn't notice a difference until i actually played the game but in the end theres still something missing from the performance.I know it wont kill the game for me completely but i really hope they bring Alison back. She is Claire Redfield.
                        They could've asked her back for RE6, that would've shown commitment.

But then...it was RE6, probably not a good idea at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          One of the reasons you see a lot of voice actors getting "replaced" these days (in various mediums, not just RE) is probably partly due to the fact that performance capture has also become a larger thing now, which means that you can either get a person who can do mocap, performance capture and voice acting, all at once, or you can end up having to utilize, worst case scenario, three different people for each category + some poor guy who has to suffer through the task of stitching it all together into a final product.
                          The only mocap actor that matched their voice actor in Resident Evil 6 was Jake's. Resident Evil 5 had allot, but Chris had a separate actor...Chris has had a more consistent mocap actor than he has voice actor. I don't mean to argue, I just don't think there's a justification here. If Court got recast I can only think it's for money or to make their job easier. The fact that she's in Canada and probably a member of the union, there might be some other issues. This whole thing would be so much easier to swallow if they didn't spoil us by bringing her back over...and over...and over...again.

Comment

• its a sequel to Revelations. that's not saying much. wasnt even that great of a game as it is. Claire deserves a better return to the series.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                              capcom has tried to keep consistency before. Back when they did darkside chronicles they tried calling back sherry's original voice actress to reprise her role. Unfortunately her voice changed too much so they couldn't use her. They did a good job when they recast Ada, I didn't notice a difference until i actually played the game but in the end theres still something missing from the performance.I know it wont kill the game for me completely but i really hope they bring Alison back. She is Claire Redfield.
                              Sally was in Darkside .. but for some reason, her voice seems to change in her ''death'' scene with Leon - like Capcom weren't happy with Cahill in the end and randomly recast to Courtney at the last second.. LOL
                              You can hear it isn't Courtney for the majority of DSC though.. defo Sally and very RE2 sounding in her lines in the RPD garage.
                              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                                Actually one interesting case is Kiyoshi Kobayashi has been voicing Diasuke Jigen in the Lupin Anime since 1969 or so. Last time he voiced Jigen was in 2012 Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine when he was 79.
                                Akio Otsuka, who's probably best known amongst gamers as the Japanese voice of pretty much every single "Snake" variant that's not Liquid Snake (Solid Snake, Naked Snake, Solidus, Old Snake, Big Boss, etc. + also Snake in GZ/PP), also does the voice of Ozamu Tezuka's "Black Jack" in every animated incarnation of him so far (despite very different approaches to the source material; some being horror/thrillers, whilst others are more family friendly saturday morning cartoons). This is sort of like how some countries/studios have more or less what qualifies as official dubbing voices for certain Hollywood actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X