Chronology of Evil Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronology of Evil Discussion

At present I am very close to "completing" the Chronology of Evil timeline. I skipped past the iteration stage completely, so no beta version.

However, I'd like to hear some opinions on the real world history elements I included in the original. Should I keep them, expand them, or scrap them? Right now I've scrapped most of them until I know people want them. My goal with them was to provide context to some of the villainous actions in the series, particularly that of the U.S. government. Unit 731 parallels Birkin, for example.

This topic will also be used for reporting errors, typos and mistakes.
    Last edited by News Bot; 09-23-2014, 05:17 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

No RE6 and Revelations events?

BTW Great work!
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-23-2014, 10:05 AM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      No RE6 and Revelations events?

BTW Great work!
      That one is three years old, so predates them.

Comment

Why not add them when your done with the original? As a revised or updated chronology.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
          Why not add them when your done with the original? As a revised or updated chronology.
          I've already added them. As I said, I'm close to finishing the timeline and just need input about real-world entries.

Comment

I think those entries offer interesting tidbits which help flesh out things like viral capabilities or past use.

Comment

While I cannot speak for everyone I would love to have the real world entries included. I've sometimes wondered what (if any) real events have similarities to the lore of Biohazard/Resident Evil.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

That moment where you realize James Marcus was born the same year as the Spanish Flu aka what killed more people than all the wars in the 1900s combined!

Comment

I had a quick look at the pdf. Maybe have the real world entries italicised or in a different colour or font. That way people who just want game content can read that...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    I had a quick look at the pdf. Maybe have the real world entries italicised or in a different colour or font. That way people who just want game content can read that...
                    The pdf in the OP is three years old, I've removed most of those entries altogether. Only immediately relevant real world stuff mentioned in the series is included right now (establishment dates of the UN, USAMRIID, WHO, etc), but I'll likely do something like that if I add real world entries again.

Comment

I'm curious of one thing involving the Mansion outbreak. If the researchers worked mostly in the lab then why does the mansion have the most zombies implying most people died of the T-virus there? My only guess is they took refuge in the mansion after the outbreak in hopes they wouldn't catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                        I'm curious of one thing involving the Mansion outbreak. If the researchers worked mostly in the lab then why does the mansion have the most zombies implying most people died of the T-virus there? My only guess is they took refuge in the mansion after the outbreak in hopes they wouldn't catch it.
                        The virus leaked into the facility's water supply, so nobody was safe.

Comment

Did Marcus leech have anything to do with the outbreak in arklay, or was he strictly involved in the training facility?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                            Also, the virus doesn't turn people immediately. People would have gone about their normal routine for days before becoming zombies, as hinted at in all the Files around the Mansion.

It was never clear if all the facility workers lived in the mansion too though. There's certainly not enough beds and toilets for the amount of zombies found in the mansion, but there isn't exactly convinient parking for anyone wanting to commute. I was hoping that the Outhouse would be expanded in the RRMake to include more living & recrational facilities.
                            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                              Did Marcus leech have anything to do with the outbreak in arklay, or was he strictly involved in the training facility?
                              He used the leeches to cause an accident in the laboratory. The exact circumstances are very vaguely hinted at in BIO1, but I can't say what they are right now. The virus did begin airborne and subsequently leaked into the water supply.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                              Also, the virus doesn't turn people immediately. People would have gone about their normal routine for days before becoming zombies, as hinted at in all the Files around the Mansion.

It was never clear if all the facility workers lived in the mansion too though. There's certainly not enough beds and toilets for the amount of zombies found in the mansion, but there isn't exactly convinient parking for anyone wanting to commute. I was hoping that the Outhouse would be expanded in the RRMake to include more living & recrational facilities.
                              Level design in video games has limitations, unfortunately. The environments need to be fun to traverse, and the amount you can create is heavily limited by how much time the development schedule allows.

That said, Arklay Laboratory staff commuted via helicopter and the Ecliptic Express.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 09-25-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X