Biohazard 0 Remastered semi-confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake View Post
    I love remake as well, but it just didn't have the same quality interactions and had a similar weak focal plot of "people go explore mansion, bad things happen"
    Eh, "focal plot" or not, it seems almost painfully obvious at times that the series really just tends to go with premise------>plot->subplot in terms of where it places any actual efforts in regards to writing and story. And that's fine. This shit was never meant to be 'War and Peace', I suppose.
    The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Biohazard was just meant to be B-movie shit anyways. Enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

I'm not particularly surprised 'noticing' that it's the 'logical' next step for an RE low budget release that will gauge for more remakes/remasters and/or to make a quick buck and at the same time light up some 'spark' for the series.

I was also not surprised at all, after seeing the re-touched/uncompressed/up-ressed REZero cutscenes in the 'new' Wesker Report 1 featured in the Asian/Japanese release of RE HD Remaster.

I would definitely be picking up REZero HD Remaster if ends up becoming a reality, no doubt about it! =D

Comment

Young Marcus killed the story for me. He looks and acts like he belongs in a fantasy anime series, not an RE game. Sadly, there's no way to write him out, if they do remaster Zero in HD. As for gameplay fixes, I really wish they would include an option to have item boxes in the game. It wouldn't really break the gameplay, but instead would just save you time from having to backtrack to pick up a shit ton of spare supplies you'd have left behind. I think I ended up wasting a good 20-30 minutes near the end of the game just to pick up all the weapons and ammo I had lying around the training facility and treatment plant, in order to prepare for the final boss.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 12-28-2014, 10:20 AM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
            Good thing if it happens, but I highly doubt it considering RE0 is probably the most underrated title so far in the entire series' history. All the fan praises were allways for the "remake" and many people almost ignores RE0.
            good thing im not one of those people.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
              good thing im not one of those people.
              I discovered the game in 2008, and I love it.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              Young Marcus killed the story for me. He looks and acts like he belongs in a fantasy anime series, not an RE game. Sadly, there's no way to write him out, if they do remaster Zero in HD. As for gameplay fixes, I really wish they would include an option to have item boxes in the game. It wouldn't really break the gameplay, but instead would just save you time from having to backtrack to pick up a shit ton of spare supplies you'd have left behind. I think I ended up wasting a good 20-30 minutes near the end of the game just to pick up all the weapons and ammo I had lying around the training facility and treatment plant, in order to prepare for the final boss.
              I like leaving stuff on the ground, its a funny concept for Resident Evil, they milked every single possibility in the pre-RE4 era.

I noticed you can go back to every room with disc 2.

Comment

Looks like a lot of gaming sites are reporting it now...

http://www.destructoid.com/resident-...g-285473.phtml

Might as well just announce it now Capcom
                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 12-29-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Incidentally, the picture has been modified as of today : bhØ no longer is in the picture. In and of itself, it looks like a confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaine View Post
                    Biohazard was just meant to be B-movie shit anyways. Enjoy it for what it is.
                    finally someone gets it...

Comment

If it was just meant to be B-movie shit they wouldn't have never cared about doing tons of supplemental material to create an elaborated and complex story and expanding the series universe with info that they didn't have the chance to include in the games.
                      Some writers put more effort and take their job more seriously than others but at the end most of the series entries have a decent, interesting and elaborated plot for videogames' standards, there're just a minority of chapters that have crappy plots.
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                        If it was just meant to be B-movie shit they wouldn't have never cared about doing tons of supplemental material to create an elaborated and complex story and expanding the series universe with info that they didn't have the chance to include in the games.
                        Some writers put more effort and take their job more seriously than others but at the end most of the series entries have a decent, interesting and elaborated plot for videogames' standards, there're just a minority of chapters that have crappy plots.
                        The tone of the game was a B-movie, this is most apparent in the first game. Especially in the instruction booklet for the gamecube remake, it had a very B-movie design. B-Movie doesn't mean they don't take the storyline seriously, just that it's a little campy at times. Night of the Living Dead is a B movie, isn't it?
                        Last edited by Kei_M; 12-29-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, "Night" certainly is. At the time, some critics really took it to task for some of those qualities. But, eh...whadda they know?

The problem, for myself only, seems to date back somewhat to 2. The moment they brought Sugimura in (and subsequently his staff) the games started to tie back the older characters more. It's a trend obviously that persisted. I really think the decision to ' bring back' Wesker likely came from either Sugimura himself, or someone at Flagship.

I have a good deal of respect for what the Capcom of Japan team did in 1996, by creating a game that seemed to side-step many of the more standard JP Anime-ness that could have entered into it. It ended up feeling all a bit more like something 'authentic' that could have occurred in the fictional Midwest. Of course parts of it are ridiculous. But the attention at the time for 'tone' visually, and with music were unparalleled.

And as for 0, devil could take it. With elements of the convict partner and great opening, it could have been much more, possibly even supplanting 1/Remake. In the end it never really got close.
                          The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

I didn't like Zero... mainly because it didn't show much interaction with any of the other STARS members except for a small bit for Enrico and an even smaller one with Edward. I would have liked seeing that and maybe them running around through the Arkley forest/mountain area.

Comment

Working...
                            X