Resident Evil 2 Unreal Engine 3 Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Unreal Engine 3 Remake

No thread about the awesome RE2 Unreal Engine 3 "Remake"?

Resident Evil 2 fan Rod Lima has completed a full remake of Capcom's survival horror classic using Unreal Engine 3.A wa…

Originally posted by Zomby View Post

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...es-full-remake
    I am very happy by Rod Lima becoming so popular, he is a Brazilian like me and answers most comments on Youtube. He managed to make a full detailed complete game, infinitely better than the Cr**py Darkside Chronicles. He already made the beginning of the Leon B scenario.

Comment

Oh my god, that looks fantastic. I'm digging the dynamic menu that has you flying into the rpd when you start your game. Not sure why marvin has to be in the hall though.

Comment

dont get me wrong but its bad taste to make a remake and not share it, i know he dont want to share it because of the copyrights but at least its better if he keep the secret to himself, doing this its just like a kick in the balls to all of us.

well that are my thoughts, no offense to anyone.

Comment

In due time. Just be patient. Watching it it's clear he recycled DC assets. For it to be a true remake requires some extra modeling for rooms like STARS and such so finding items is consistent to the original. Could be why he hasn't released it since he's in the process of making those assets.
          Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 02-04-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            infinitely better than the Cr**py Darkside Chronicles
            You do realize that nearly every 3D asset of this fanmade remake is directly ripped from Darkside Chronicles, don't you ?
            Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
            Not sure why marvin has to be in the hall though.
            Because that's where he is in Darkside Chronicles.

This game has already been discussed in the "RE2Make" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
              dont get me wrong but its bad taste to make a remake and not share it, i know he dont want to share it because of the copyrights but at least its better if he keep the secret to himself, doing this its just like a kick in the balls to all of us.

well that are my thoughts, no offense to anyone.
              I see your point of view, but in my case i dont like very much of fan games. If it was a 1.5 or 3.5 build being played and not shared, It was another story.

Comment

so he made all this effort and has decided not to release it? what a shame and waste of time in away...refreshing to watch but i wish we couldv played it

Comment

Waste of time? The guy taught himself to Code. That's an impressive achievement.

Rather than you and Strikedio worrying about not playing it, why not let it inspire you to learn how to make games yourself?
                  "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...es-full-remake
                    Watching that video just reinforces my belief this game should never be remade. That's not a slur at the guy who made this as he obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, but there is no Resident Evil 2 whatsoever present in that video.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                      Watching that video just reinforces my belief this game should never be remade. That's not a slur at the guy who made this as he obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, but there is no Resident Evil 2 whatsoever present in that video.
                      Despite this all the models came from RE4 + darkside, but it is not meant to be a remake, as stated by the creator himself:

PS: I don't want to call it a REMAKE, but as everyone is getting my videos, re upping it and calling it a REMAKE, so...

Maybe if the game being made from the scratch just like remake, it would be a true RE2(of course this will never be done).
                      Last edited by yurieu; 02-05-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

It is not a remake, just a recreation. It is very lifeless and looks incredibly boring to play compared to actual Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          Despite this all the models came from RE4 + darkside, but it is not meant to be a remake, as stated by the creator himself:

PS: I don't want to call it a REMAKE, but as everyone is getting my videos, re upping it and calling it a REMAKE, so...

Maybe if the game being made from the scratch just like remake, it would be a true RE2(of course this will never be done).
                          When I say there is no RE2 present I don't mean the literal use of assets, I mean that it is unrecognisable from the original. If Capcom ever do remake it from scratch, it sadly probably would look very much like this video.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Making RE2 from scratch would be a RE2 remake, this is a Darkside Chronicles revamp, as Rod Lima himself says calling it a RE2 remake is wrong.

Not to discredit his work, he did an impressive job, but he did what he could with REDC assets, he's not remaking anything.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                              Waste of time? The guy taught himself to Code. That's an impressive achievement.
                              Yeah, that was the whole point of this project: learning by practice. Rod Lima definitively did a nice job there; the whole project, while not being a precise reproduction, still feels like a nice experience and you can clearly tell all the work that went into it. The only problem this has is the absurd amount of recycled assets, but even the Invader Games project does the same despite it looking quite bad when you make any sort of comparison. There's hardly any issue with the author not wanting a release: he did this stuff exclusively for himself and put videos online as some sort of development portfolio.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Working...
                              X