Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes sense since they marketed the complete episode pack as "complete season" after all. They will probably wrap up the current story arc with the first six episodes, while the latter five will
    focus on something else. I'd imagine that the second season will either be about a completely different event, or will be a "Separate Ways" type of thing that complements the first season. The first season happens over the
    course of six months after all.

It's kind of hard to complain since the complete first season seems to be just as long and has just as much, if not even more, content as the first REV game.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-02-2015, 07:18 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• ^^^ Insane how much sense that makes! With Capcom it did seem suspicious with how cheap the game was.

Comment

• I actually like the framework they have going here. The gameplay and graphics are all right for a budget game, so they can just reuse it for a second season. No need to keep on trying to reinvent the inventory and dodge system, since the current one works just fine.
        Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• I cannot watch the video right now, but it isn't confusing chapters with episodes is it? Two chapters per episode, plus the 2 bonus ones make 10, maybe an extra chapter slipped in there somewhere?
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            I cannot watch the video right now, but it isn't confusing chapters with episodes is it? Two chapters per episode, plus the 2 bonus ones make 10, maybe an extra chapter slipped in there somewhere?
            Nope. The first four episodes have their Barry and Claire chapter folders marked respectively(e.g. ep1_Past and ep1_Present; so on and so forth). The 'past' and 'present' folders stop at ep4, but the folders go all the way up to 'ep11'.
            ep5 and ep6 folders are probably for the Moira and Natalia bonus missions, which leaves us with five more episode folders that go unused.
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-02-2015, 10:16 AM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• So does anyone know when we'll be getting episode 2? I'd hope at midnight tonight as I don't wanna wait till 5-6 tomorrow to wait for the playstation store to update.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Nope. The first four episodes have their Barry and Claire chapter folders marked respectively(e.g. ep1_Past and ep1_Present; so on and so forth). The 'past' and 'present' folders stop at ep4, but the folders go all the way up to 'ep11'.
                ep5 and ep6 folders are probably for the Moira and Natalia bonus missions, which leaves us with five more episode folders that go unused.
                This reeks of the practice CAPCOM used for the Outbreak titles - there were many scenarios that just simply never saw the light of day, to spite the fact that they were referenced on disc.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not counting on these unannounced episodes to become a reality.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Game looks pretty meh, how are people's experiences?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                    This reeks of the practice CAPCOM used for the Outbreak titles - there were many scenarios that just simply never saw the light of day, to spite the fact that they were referenced on disc.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not counting on these unannounced episodes to become a reality.
                    Maybe if the current season sells well enough?

Game looks pretty meh, how are people's experiences?
                    Well, it's certainly miles better than the first Revelations game, that much is for sure. Ammo is limited, the inventory has item slots, and the enemies and setting actually manage to be kind of tense and creepy.
                    It's not a return to the old gameplay style though, if that's what you're looking for. It essentially plays like a more survival-oriented version of RE4/5.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-02-2015, 02:23 PM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

My thoughts exactly.

As for this game, how is it? Is it scary? Are there a decent amount of jump-scares? Is there too much action in it? Are there plenty of puzzles? Is it better than the first Revelations? Is it better than 6?
                      Last edited by RetroRain; 03-02-2015, 02:29 PM.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I've been playing raid mode and it's by far a much better playing experience. As to how the blue and red hearts, they simply act as a life mid game. Without them it plays like Rev 1. I'm guilty of buying both the season pass and Wesker. So far I can't complain.

Comment

• Raid mode is fun but its far easier than the first one as you level up super fast and results in far less grinding (atleast on lower difficulties)

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            Game looks pretty meh, how are people's experiences?
                            I'm loving it !
                            controls feel good , atmosphere is cool , the story has me intrigued , people are saying the villain could be Annette or Alexia , If I had to choose I would say Alexia , unless it's Alfred back from the dead and back in Drag lol.

And the raid mode is even more fun then the 1st games.
                            It's the most addtive mini game I have played. Got my Claire character to level 34 so far.

Comment

• Well, I caved in since I had a few dollars of Steam store credit from TF2 item farming and bought Ep1.

Took me about 3 and a half hours to beat, I took my time and died a few times on the way. To my surprise, this game plays much smoother than Rev 1 and at times it feels like a darker RE4 on an Isle.

The verdict?

I'd say Ep1 is an 8.5/10.

While there is some of the hammy writing, there are some pretty funny throwbacks to game 1.
                              My computer kind of plays the game like crap so I cant enjoy it to the fullest unfortunately, but the atmosphere is pretty good(though you never feel isolated because you got a partner) the revnant monster type is the type of monster this series has needed for years.

These fuckers are incredibly fast, a pain in the ass to fight, and due to the weak spot being in any of the 5 limbs(its random where it is) anytime I kill one in under 3 magnum rounds it feels like a huge relief. I'm going out on a limb and saying that these monsters are the first new monster type that is on par with the original BOWs(Though this monster was designed a long time ago, its just now being used).

I am still incredibly disappointed at how clean the game is, the graphic violence is damn near non existent, except when you fight the Revenants, who seem to be the only enemies you can splatter.

If you want to just buy the game for Raid mode, which is more fucking addictive than ever, $6 is dirt cheap for a good 30 + hours of fun.

The team who made this game needs to be in charge of any future RE titles. In 2 games they've managed to make me forget about how terrible the series has become the past decade and create something that has enough of the old and the new to keep old fuckers like me happy. I almost wouldn't mind the RE series continuing instead of rebooting as long as this team is in charge.

But I have no intentions of getting my hopes up, because we all know enough about Capcoms management at this point.
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-03-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• IGN just did a review of episode 2 and apparantly its far better than the first episode. Here's a good rundown without spoiling to much. I don't know how to put a spoiler tag so read with caution.

Has a few boss battles
                                Is 4 hours long
                                Much more challenging
                                Villain is revealed.

Comment

Working...
                                X