Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation regarding Jake's true identity. Is he in fact Steve Burnside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation regarding Jake's true identity. Is he in fact Steve Burnside?

I've heard rumours that there is a posibility Jake, one of the playable characters from RE 6, is actually, Steve Burnside from RE Code Veronica. Some people alleged Jake could be Steve, due to the strong resemblance they both share. Of course this is not the only reason. The fact that Jake is Albert Wesker's son is another thing to add to the possibility, since Steve's body was abducted by Wesker in Code Veronica and he indeed planned to use him in some sort of way. Aside from extracting the T-Veronica virus, Wesker hinted in a subtle way the possibility of Claire or\and Chris meeting up with Steve again. One thing known for sure is that it was never mentioned in the game that Wesker had a wife, the only lover he ever had in the games was Excella, who was murdered thanks to him, so it would make sense if his "son" Jake was actually Steve, who Wesker in some sort of way, made lose his memories about his past. Well of course this is just like I previously said speculation, but it would be really interesting if that was in fact truth.

After hearing this rumour I've searched the internet, and here's a curious picture I found, from an early article about RE 6, depicting a comparison between Steve and Jake: http://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-conte.../01/A51tM1.png

Please RE fans, feel free to leave your opinion regarding this subject in the comments below =)
    Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 08:26 AM. Reason: another bad typing

Yes, Jake is Steve. Just like Annette is Alex Wesker, Buddy is Ark Thompson, and adult Sherry is actually Ashley.

Comment

Lol there's no need to be ironic, this is just speculation. Don't you agree based on what I said in this topic it would be amazing if it was indeed true? I still wonder though who and what happened to Wesker's wife, Jake's mother, she was probably infected with the virus I guess but then what? Jake appeared out of nowhere as his son, I just hate Resident Evil focusing so much on Wesker, he already died, it's time to bring new characters and worthy villains, they already focused too much on Wesker, Jill, Chris and Leon. Of course I would love to see a closure to their stories though. The newcomer Alex was kinda like interesting for me, but, she's probably going to die anyway in her debut game, like all the other bad guys and girls in the series. Aside from Ada, who's not exactly a villain and maybe HUNK, and of course after Wesker, it seems like Capcom always kills their main antagonists on their first game appearences instead of developing them further. =\

Oh btw please, I'm not sure if I said any spoiler, I don't know how to hide spoilers or quote them, please would you help me with that, I searched the FAQ, but I'm terrible finding stuff on FAQS =(
      Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 09:17 AM. Reason: yeas, another bad typing u.u

Comment

In regards to Wesker's "revival" comment, it's actually nothing more than a cruel joke. No virus in the series can revive the dead as a normal human again. At the time of CODE:Veronica, the G-Virus could reanimate corpses, but only as a Zombie. Wesker knew this and toyed with Claire by implying that he might revive Steve as a Zombie. It's a callback to BIO2 and a clever joke for knowledgeable fans.

Wesker didn't have a wife either, just someone he had sex with and got pregnant then left.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Lol I'm very knowledgeable about this series as well, and yet I still feel like it could also be interpreted as not being only a joke. I'm sorry but I never said Wesker was or is going to be revived lol I said there's a possibility Jake could be Steve revived. In Code Veronica, even existing thanks to the G, the virus in that game was a muted form of it, called T-Veronica Virus and not G as you implied. So for me there's a possibility it could bring him back from the dead, specially because if you've seen the C-Virus, which has traces of T-Veronica, you'll realize how powerful it became thanks to Alexia's virus. Well of course it's just speculation, but still, I don't think we as fans should deny the possibility just yet. Hum, and Wesker's wife, indeed is just like you said, there's not many info about her. But if we look outside of the box, it's kinda weird Wesker had the time to become a father of a son as old as Jake and we only find out about him in RE 6. Anyway, it might be just as it is though, yet, I hope it's not for the sake of all us fan girls *.8
          Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I don't think you understood what I said. I was talking about Steve. t-Veronica can't revive the dead. The G-Virus can, but as Zombies. The C-Virus can too, but again only as a Zombie. The Uroboros Virus has the same ability, but instead of Zombies it produces creatures like the Revenant.

Basically there is no possibility that Jake is Steve, or that Steve was revived.

Comment

Yeas maybe not reviving... But what if Steve never died to began with, what if he was only unconscious? If that was the case, he could totally be still alive, like Alexia was. Of course, the virus was rejected from his body like it was in Alexander, but then again, Wesker was taking care of him, who knows what he could have done to him for making him being able to come back to life? Sherry was able to regenarate thanks to the antidote vaccine she took in RE 2, it's been proved in RE 2 and 3 that if you receive an antidote right on time you can be kinda "cured", if Wesker was able to create an antidote, maybe using Sherry's blood for example, he could have saved him, only to use his blood for his own benefit, of course. Anyway, this is all conjecture of course, but it would make sense, at least as a possibility.

Comment

Claire was with him for a long time, she would've known whether he was dead or not. Like I said, it's not possible for Steve to still be alive or to be revived.

Comment

Well, I don't think that's enough to assume that, but anyway. Personally, would you like Jake to be Steve if there was the possibility, or do you like him as he is already? To be honest him being only his son is really annoying for me, Wesker already died, they brought his son to light, and now his "sister" Alex, then after that what, his mother? lol
                  Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I wanted to add that even the possibility existing, it's not very likely it is going to happen. I don't think CAPCOM would put Steve in RE 6 without at least alluding him as being Jake, maybe in the past, maybe if they had a better sense of what fans would like to see on their games. But nope, I think, even with the possibility, Jake is not Steve. =\ Now when it comes to be revived... My hopes are a little bit higher, let's see. I truly want Claire to find someone.
                    Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

It's as you said, if it were Steve they would have given SOME sort of hint and considering the fact that Claire was mentioned in his presence twice without reaction, I think it's a closed case. Not to mention 6 already established a connection between Jake and Sherry, the legacy of Wesker and Birkin, and a romantic connection could be argued. A love triangle between the two girls and the amnesiac former, even more arguable, love interest of Claire's back from the dead is just...a little too soap opera-y.
                      Last edited by Kei_M; 03-07-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Nope. Zero possibility he is Steve. You seem to be overlooking two facts, namely that he is Wesker's natural-born son, and that he was raised naturally by his mother, the woman whom Wesker had a fling with. You'd be hard pressed to explain to me how Wesker revived Steve's corpse, gave it his DNA and turned it into a baby, time travelled to 1992, and then somehow turned the baby into a sperm cell to impregnate Jake's mom with it.
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-07-2015, 01:39 PM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Yeas, but it could be indeed as you said though, with the love triangle and the amnesiac Steve. Even being too like a soap opera, we've already seen so much drama in the series, specially in RE6 and Revevelations, so I guess even being not very likely to happen, the possibility still exists.

Comment

Who knows, maybe duo to his amnesia all of those facts are false and his age is wrong. Like I said, it's just a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvieT View Post
                              Who knows, maybe duo to his amnesia all of those facts are false and his age is wrong. Like I said, it's just a possibility.
                              No it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X