Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to go to Japan and attain RE 1.5 80% build..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to go to Japan and attain RE 1.5 80% build..

What would be the best way to go about releasing it to the public without getting yourself sued by Capcom? Don't get your hopes up btw, as this is strictly a 100% hypothetical question on my part . I'm just genuinely curious.

Originally posted by Lead belly View Post
    What would be the best way to go about releasing it to the public without getting yourself sued by Capcom? Don't get your hopes up btw, as this is strictly a 100% hypothetical question on my part . I'm just genuinely curious.
    They would care about it as much as anyone cares about Survivor 2.

Comment

Just upload it at an internet cafe or something. It's an old game that nobody cares about. I'd imagine they'd only care if you released a WIP build of a yet to be released game, like RE7, since it'd potentially hurt their sales.
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-10-2015, 11:48 AM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

As a torrent on public access wifi.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Simple. Go viral. Put it on several different hosts, torrents, forums and so forth.

Comment

How do you know if it is in Japan?

Comment

Why would they bother? A 1.5 build was already leaked, before that two alpha builds of RE1 were also leaked, and did Capcom say anything?

A prototype build from a 1997 game doesn't mean anything for them now, it's just a broken beta that has only emotional value for long time RE fans and collectors. As long as there isn't someone trying to make profit from unreleased copyrighted material Capcom probably don't even care at all.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I'm positive that Capcom wouldn't care. I would worry more about angry collectors putting a hit out on me!

Comment

Hmmmm you making me suspicious buddy ;)

Comment

I'll get back to you on this one ...

Comment

" if someone were to go to Japan and attain RE 1.5 80% build.. "

It IS in fact this easy. In Japan, the 80% build is everywhere. Everybody can just get it. You just need to go there. I was there three times, but I was so drunk I forgot... It's really strange that nobody thought of going to Japan to just get it before...
                      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I'm genuinly shocked it hasn't leaked already but I am sure hoping this guy just so happens to have it!

Comment

Become a John Titor, get it, then go back in time to before you got it, and leak it, then no one will know how it got leaked.
                          Last edited by Eteponge; 03-14-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

^^^ this!

Edit: But seriously, with the GBC build of Re1 leaking along with various alphas of RE1 and a build of 1.5, I doubt you really have anything to worry about by leaking the 80% build!
                            Last edited by Deathlygasm; 03-14-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                              " if someone were to go to Japan and attain RE 1.5 80% build.. "

It IS in fact this easy. In Japan, the 80% build is everywhere. Everybody can just get it. You just need to go there. I was there three times, but I was so drunk I forgot... It's really strange that nobody thought of going to Japan to just get it before...
                              Japan doesn't have Internet on PC or Mac. They utilize persacons and meiru. They're not compatible, so, sadly, no one's made contanct with Japan for many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X