Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to go to Japan and attain RE 1.5 80% build..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope the remaining 80% builds aren't destroyed or no longer play.

Comment

I remember reading about how the "80%" build was almost leaked years ago when someone accidentally hosted it on a webpage that was briefly available to the public. Does anyone know where this story originated from?

Even if the story is bunk, I'm confidant that the final build is out there still.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I'm genuinely surprised that Capcom who love making money off of re-releases haven't released the game themselves.

Comment

They could if they chose to do a "20th Anniversary" of RE2 in some fashion, but they've been pretty adamant about never releasing it, unfortunately.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

They themselves probably don't even have it anymore.

Comment

The fact they are so adament probably explains why they didn't give a rats ass about it leaking.

Comment

Well, an official release and a leak or two different things. However unstable and incomplete 1.5 may be it has historical value as a chapter in the development of what is arguably one of the greatest games of all time. It deserves some kind of recognition aside from anecdotal articles and press release footage from nearly two decades ago.

I'm not too keen on a remake, but I think a Resident Evil 2 box set would be a great way to celebrate the title. The complete game, documentary, artwork, the final build of 1.5, etc. would be a dream come true for me. It keeps the integrity of the original intact and gives the old school fans some new content.
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure what there true reasons are for not releasing it as the main developers who were so disgusted with it are long gone.

Comment

Just realised the flamethower was in the bigsight build,
                    it's playing on the 2nd and fifth screens.
                    irc there's a video of the flamethrower being used on the factory street?

Comment

I really hope that 80% leaks someday so Gemini can go f**ck himself with his project
                      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                        I really hope that 80% leaks someday so Gemini can go f**ck himself with his project
                        No need to be rude, chill out! What did Gemini do that gave you such bad blood with him?

Comment

80% is still about 20% away from being complete, so either way the purpose of Gemini's project remains intact.

Now grow up.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                            No need to be rude, chill out! What did Gemini do that gave you such bad blood with him?
                            Apparently showing his true colors, like he did on some other board where the IGAS project is bad mouthed like hell because it's related to my handle and some other crap. He snapped when he said he's an idiot believing that the work on 1.5 was months old and I confirmed that he's indeed an idiot for putting words into people's mouths. Nothing new under the sun, haters are gonna hate and buttsnap all the way.

Then again, if a more advanced build were to be released there'd be more material to work on for the project. Sweet rejoice!
                            Last edited by Gemini; 03-19-2015, 04:23 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              Simply i dont like people who treat others like idiots and liars. In all those years i waited patiently and with illusion a project that probably never will see the daylight. They promised a Demo, you got it? Nope. Behind the Mask? Nope. The only things i saw are some videos with the only prupose of showing his programer skills ''Hey dudes! look what im able to do, praise me as a god! lick my ass''

Im sorry for being a dick really dudes, looking so childish but im sick about the circus arround the project. Some people know what im talking about and in some years more people will realize what im talking about.

The only people to be praised are those who buyed the original beta and the people who offers new content with patches. At least is more than what this guy provided to us.
                              ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

Simply i dont like people who treat others like idiots and liars. In all those years i waited patiently and with illusion a project that probably never will see the daylight. They promised a Demo, you got it? Nope. Behind the Mask? Nope. The only things i saw are some videos with the only prupose of showing his programer skills ''Hey dudes! look what im able to do, praise me as a god! lick my ass''

Im sorry for being a dick really dudes, looking so childish but im sick about the circus arround the project. Some people know what im talking about and in some years more people will realize what im talking about.

The only people to be praised are those who buyed the original beta and the people who offers new content with patches. At least is more than what this guy provided to us.
                                Why can't you accept the simple fact that these things take time? They have their own personal lives, plus its a small team trying to do LOTS of work and they aren't getting paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X