Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think led to Weskers downfall/death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think led to Weskers downfall/death?

Here's a topic for all you people who know Wesker better than anyone! What do you think was Weskers most fateful decision that he made throughout the whole series that sealed his fate? I guess the most common answer would be not killing Chris but I feel there's far more to it. I'm interested to hear yalls thoughts especially News Bots.
    Last edited by Deathlygasm; 03-15-2015, 02:26 PM.

A mixture of arrogance, pride, and possibly feeling lost after he killed spencer and overcame the programming from the Wesker children program. I'll never understand why oroborus is considered so grand by the weskers. At least the c-virus allowed some control over your body after mutation and not degenerating. Then again, I think Wesker should've been happy with his super powers and try to find a way to make it either far more permanent without injections or so.

Comment

Arrogance. Nothing more.

If he didn't underestimate Chris that much, his plan would have been a success.

Comment

It would've been easy too, to take out Chris. Implant a bomb in Jill while she's unconscious and when he and sheva save her, kill them in one explosion.

Comment

I agree with yall, he was so cocky and refused to accept his mortality. He probably was a little senile due to the effects of the virus in him.

Comment

The writers' determination.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Oh.....

Comment

Overconfidence, and excessive ambition. He thought using his enemies was better for his plans than just killing them, but those loose ends he left were what finally made this ultimate goal fail.
                Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 03-15-2015, 08:48 PM.
                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Like using Chris to defeat Umbrella instead of killing him

Comment

I'm going to have to say poor writing and deep ambition...to surpass the sales of RE4.

I honestly think that they wanted to just finish off the series original story arc ASAP so they could move on, the only problem is that there have been 3 games released since RE5. RE6, and Revelations 1 and Revelations 2. I dont know what the combined budget for the revelations games was, but it was money better spent. RE6 which should have been something good at the very least, was awful. Terrible story, terrible characters, and it was one huge missed opportunity. I still don't think that the guys in charge of Capcom learned their lesson from RE6 and I have a feelign RE7 will be more of the same, even if just toned down slightly in order to try to pique the interest of the Revelations fanbase.

I don't think they've really lost any money on any RE games really, and its great to see peoples interest returning since the revelations games are definitely making an impact. But the real problem with RE5 was that they tried to give players all the action from RE4 x2, but less story, less atmosphere, no survival horror, and it was also the first forced co-op RE game.

But ultimately Weskers downfall was arrogance, the fact that he had no allies to help him when he needed it, and while thats nothing new to a super villain I would have thought that a character like this would have been smarter than this. I mean if he can create his own meat puppets, like what he did with Jill, why didn't he make more than 1? I mean shit if he had a group of three or four that would have made all the difference.
                    Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-15-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Funny that people on the Revelations 2 board on Gamefaqs were talking about this same thing in a topic about Alex. They also blamed bad writing especially when during the plane sequence Wesker has his pistol aimed at Chris's face and hesitates to fire. Of coarse the writing would blame it on "oh he had just overdosed on his serum and wasn't thinking straight and was possibly toying with Chris (Like he was the past 10 or so years)

Comment

And I bet you ten bucks, he will come back in a game where jake is the protagonist.

Comment

With Capcom I wouldn't be suprised the slightest if they brought him back in some beyond stupid plotline going something like "Oh the Wesker Chris and Jill fought in Africa was a fake and the real Wesker was in vegas parting the whole time.

Comment

Clones have been in the series before, the tyrants were initially created via Sergei clones.
                            And while stupid to us, it'd be a great way to get people off his trail, especially Ada and the bsaa.

Comment

I feel perhaps Capcom realized they created a nearly invincible villain so they wanted to write some BS to get rid of him so they didn't have to worry about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X