No announcement yet.

The many stupidities of Revelations 2 [*WARNING, SPOILERS*]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, in Raid Mode I usually try to get close to them so I can figure which direction they are. Shotguns are your best friend against those things since you can see the blood splurts or HP in Raid Mode.

Speaking of Raid Mode, I got my first 3 star weapon today. Ended up being the Unique Chicago Typewriter The Godfather. Came as a purple disc.

Comment

I have lost barry expansion bag....I don't know what happened but when game saved before the boss fight...I quit the game and next time when i played the game expansion bag was gone...In rewards section collect all expansion bag is done...I don't know what to do now...There is no way to start a complete new game
      Last edited by khasho; 04-03-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
        OK, So I've made this thread to point out several parts of horrendous writing created by the staff of this thing.

Fear triggers what again?
        The T-Phobos virus is said to be triggered through "fear." Now, what is fear?
        Well, according to the dictionary:
        "a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc."

With that said, the game tries to fool everyone into thinking the "fear" the characters experience is actually "anxiety."
        Actually, no one in the game (except for Pedro) actually "feels fear" unless the plot demands for it.
        Characters only feel it when they're about to die. That is, Moira, Gabe, and even Alex herself.

Maybe our Japanese friends could've made this a little less silly by stating the virus triggers upon "fear of imminent death" rather than just "fear."

"Oh Goooood, I got hit by giant falling rooooooocks, I'm dyyyyyiiiiinnngggg... No wait, I'm fine!"

OK, so Moira gets hit by a bunch of falling debris, and is later all fine, walking and hunting like nothing has ever happened.
        It's incredible how her voice-acting during the actual cutscene sounds like she's dying, and the very next moment she awakes, it's not.
        She explains in her narration that "the old guy patched her up", the only patches you can see in her model is on her left leg:

The rest is just scratches and tiny scars.
        Damn, that's a heck of a patch up.

Speaking of, how did the old guy get up to the exploding tower in the first place and rescued her?
        Seems a lot unlikely to me.

Love is in the air!

OK, so during Chapter 2 and 3, Claire must've been the most dumb main character on this game.
        Neil spends Chapter 2 giving clear hints that he's a traitor, starting from his bracelet, the fact he doesn't want to lead the characters to the tower, his determination on "staying behind" and surviving every time, writing a letter that lures Claire and Moira to a trap. The list goes on.
        Yet, on Chapter 3, we have Moira getting suspicious of Neil from the beginning they've got the letter, yet Claire seems to believe and trust him completely, despite all evidence he had just tried to murder her.
        Then, we have this:

"He's not my boyfriend!"
        -His braceled never changed colors!
        -No way! His bracelet changed, OK? End of discussion!"
        "-Are you crying? -No, *wimps*, just seeing things more clearly. *wimps*"
        "Neil, where did we go wrong?!"

Seriously, what was that?
        Trying to pair Neil and Claire up at the last minute of Chapter 3?
        These writers must be really lazy.

"A virus has saved my butt and brain!"

OK, so in Chapter 4, Alex shoots herself in the head, and is seemingly killed.
        Despite the fact it is stated that the virus saved her, this is completely dumb.

She shot herself in the head, how does she have (part of) her sanity, when she has blown every bit of neuron she had left? If she came back as a mindless monster, I'd find it believable.
        Some people might try to justify the above with the virus being super effective, yeah. But in files, it is stated that if the bracelet of someone goes to red, shoot them immediately before it begins to take effect. How is Alex an exception? She felt "fear" a milisecond before pulling the trigger and the virus immediately gave protection to her brain? WTF?
        But again, I'm not surprised. The "virus" excuse is used since Wesker #1.

So many missed opportunities

OK, so when Alex had mutated and realized she was alive, she has tried every sort of thing to kill Natalia and prevent Alex #2 from awakening.
        Problem is: She's a dumbass.

Her first reaction to it was to spend 6 months doing nothing but spreading the Uroboros throughout the island and hoping it to kill Natalia.
        Why??? She knew where Natalia was, she knew the transfer needed 6 months to stabilize, why did she spend 6 months doing nothing about it?

"So, you finally came!"
        Yeah, because you were too lazy to search in the place you designed for me, you dumb fuck.

Oh, and after said 6 months, she does try to kill Natalia with her bare hands, but after realizing that if she harmed Natalia enough, Alex #2 would awake.
        You might think she would've developed some nasty plan to knock Natalia out or something, remove her brain, or even kill her so fast she won't have a chance to awake would be the best choice for Alex, the genius?
        No, she comes with something so smart and perfect no villain in Resident Evil has ever done before: She infects herself with Uroboros, just so she can "destroy" Natalia!
        And by "destroying", you'd think she would do something else than trying to crush her with her bare hands? Because that worked so well last time, right Alex?
        No, Alex goes for it in the exact same way she tried the first time.

Bravo, Alex. You really are the "brightest of the Wesker Children!"
        I would've never thought that trying to do something that didn't work before could fail so well, but now I do, thanks to you.

Backup? What Backup?

OK, so Barry comes into a monster-infested island. Knowing very well his daughter might've died in there, and saw what it caused to Claire herself.
        Yet, he decides to go alone with a bunch of weapons and nothing else.

By the end of the game, Claire joins the party with a helicopter, giving start to a long boss battle.
        Now, at the end of the boss battle, Barry tells Claire to "use the large weapons", that is, Rocket Launchers.
        Turns out the helicopter had a bunch of those, but they've decided to let Barry stay down there, at the risk of his own life, shooting like an idiot at Alex, and only use the large weapons after a long wait. Fuckin' brilliant!

Then, after all of them are flying away in the helicopter, a bunch of jets fly by and Barry finishes with:
        "Yeah, let's let these guys clean that place up?"

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL FOR BACKUP IN THE FIRST PLACE???
        Was it really necessary to be running around the island, toying with monster Alex like that?
        Kudos for you, Barry and Claire. You have now earned the "Wesker complex" achievement.

Well, that's about it.
        If you also have a Revelations 2 stupidity you might wanna add to this list, feel free to do it. ;)

meh

Comment

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
          meh
          You have learned well, I have nothing more to teach you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            You have learned well, I have nothing more to teach you.
            It's about as much effort to a post as the thread deserves, really.
            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 04-05-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Forced and far-fetched survival was allways a series' trademark: We got Ada in RE2, Wesker's revival, Nicholai escaping the Gas station how?, Parker, Leon escaping unharmed from a half dozen vehicle crashes in RE6, etc.
              Surviving a building collapse isn't a big issue, it's actually something plausible in real life, even more if you get someone else's help.
              Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

This persons a butthole

Comment

Which person?O.o

Comment

Originally posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
                    Honestly I never had much trouble with them. they go down pretty easy
                    Yeah. Just toggle to Natalia and throw bricks at them. On Survivor, they go down with 2-3 bricks thrown at them
                    Alternatively, if you have smoke grenades but don't want to waste ammo, throw a smoke grenade at them and knife them to death.

Comment

Why are there hidden blue foot markings in a lot of the stages? I know Moira had to walk on them during a puzzle, but in other areas if you shine a light, you see them all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
                        Why are there hidden blue foot markings in a lot of the stages? I know Moira had to walk on them during a puzzle, but in other areas if you shine a light, you see them all over the place.
                        They usually hint small crawling spaces or partially hidden stuff Natalia have to interact with in order to progress through the game. Don't remember now if they also hint clues for Claire/Moira besides the factory trap puzzle.

Comment

Oh, right. That's cool.

I completed the game, although during some parts, it was not very obvious what you had to do. Like, there's four horrible faces on doors. Only one is the 'real' exit. So there is fire coming down everywhere and you have to escape. I had no idea Moira was supposed to scamper up the pipe. Other than that, I think all the bosses were actually only fairly challenging, but I did the game on casual. I'm stuck on the Little Miss episode.

Comment

Like, there's four horrible faces on doors. Only one is the 'real' exit. So there is fire coming down everywhere and you have to escape. I had no idea Moira was supposed to scamper up the pipe.
                            strange place to not understood. game automatical make switch for moira if you play alone. notebook on table also give the clue to puzzle with trapped doors next to it.

Comment

Oh, right. That's cool.

I completed the game, although during some parts, it was not very obvious what you had to do. Like, there's four horrible faces on doors. Only one is the 'real' exit. So there is fire coming down everywhere and you have to escape. I had no idea Moira was supposed to scamper up the pipe. Other than that, I think all the bosses were actually only fairly challenging, but I did the game on casual. I'm stuck on the Little Miss episode.
                              I didn't even see that Moira was supposed to climb up on my first playthrough. I just looked behind the doors with the camera and saw three with some odd looking machinery and one without, so I chose that one and it was right. I only saw the ability to push Moira up onto the scaffolding on my second playthrough.

Comment

Certainly the game is not so obvious like recent chapters in regard to what you have to do in some parts, that's a good thing, I got stuck for a bit in a few parts like the eyeball puzzle, and I think I moved the cable car like 20 times at Barry's chapter 4 .

Comment

Working...
                                X