Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you guys feel Billy has yet to return to the franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you guys feel Billy has yet to return to the franchise?

I found him to be one of the most likable main characters in the series and I'd rank him up with Barry, Chris, Jill and Leon. I'm somewhat shocked that him or Rebecca haven't returned to the series since! Why do you guys feel he hasn't returned? Just for the heck of it, why not Rebecca either?

He was 28 or so in zero, so would likely be in his forties now and, though he showed bravery, I doubt he wants to dive right back into the fray now after years of being on his own.

Comment

I would love to know what he did after the events of Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
        I would love to know what he did after the events of Zero.

Revelations 3! Set before 7 but after 6, heheh.

Comment

Mexico or Canada in all likelihood, or a small rural town.

Comment

It is sad to think every survivor from the old games must be somehow related to new outbreaks for new games. They can't have a break...

Anyway he is a nice character; but do not forget... he was a 2003 character- all the new writers from nowadays would destroy him.

Comment

^^^ Good point...... *shivers*

Comment

If he returns, I want him covered from head to toe with tattoos.

Comment

Considering he's marked for execution i doubt billy would be joining the fray. Rebecca put her career and life on the line for him, I doubt he'd betray that by jumping back into the public eye. He's probably off in mexico or canada living a quiet rural life that doesnt require him to pick up a weapon.

Comment

Poor guy :/ It was all thanks to his trigger happy captain framing him so he wouldn't take responsibility for what him and the rest of his troops did.....

Comment

I agree Billy is one of the most likable characters in the entire series, but unfortunatelly I don't see him coming back, nor I'd see a reason to do so.

For whatever reason, returning characters were allways from RE1 and RE2, besides Hunnigan if we can count her as a "character".
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                        Considering he's marked for execution i doubt billy would be joining the fray. Rebecca put her career and life on the line for him, I doubt he'd betray that by jumping back into the public eye. He's probably off in mexico or canada living a quiet rural life that doesnt require him to pick up a weapon.
                        There could be a game with that old "presidential pardon for all your crimes" in exchange from helping the US against some zombies. That would work.

Comment

His story was finished basically. He was a wanted fugitive on the run who had just gained anonymity when Rebecca declared him dead. Why risk that to go after Umbrella?

Its the same with Claire. Her story arc was concluded in CVX. People moan how she was sidelined in Degeneration and again in Rev2. It's because her story has nowhere to go. She was brought back this time not out of necessity or to advance the narrative, it was purely to appease fan boys. Even if she comes back again she will be sidelined once again because of her character's circumstances.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

The story of the series has nowhere to go. Not only Claire, neither Chris, Leon or Jill seem to have a true goal anymore besides fighting bioterrorism and saving the world from bad guys. All of them just keep coming back for fan-service.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                              The story of the series has nowhere to go. Not only Claire, neither Chris, Leon or Jill seem to have a true goal anymore besides fighting bioterrorism and saving the world from bad guys. All of them just keep coming back for fan-service.
                              While that is now true to a certain extent, Claire's arc ended chronologically 17 years ago. Chris and Jill had legitimate reasons to keep coming back as there was the Umbrella plot line, the Spencer plot line and the Wesker plot line that needed clearing up. There's a big difference there. Claire found Chris, her job was done. There was no need to see her again out of necessity.

You could argue that Leon is still relevant as the government still has a big role to play behind the scenes and of course the Ada plot is still unresolved.

Resident Evil 7 should have Ada as the main playable character with Leon in a supporting role. Resolve that plot then end the series. Please god end the series.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X