Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

herb discussion anyone? (icebreaker topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herb discussion anyone? (icebreaker topic)

its been a while since i last logged on but after getting RE-master & Revelations 2 my enthusiasm in this series is burning bright again! (disappointment of RE6 made me VERY worried, but the direction and success of the 2 games mentioned above give me releif)

anyway i decided to try and warm up the forum a bit by starting a simple poll & perhaps inspire others thoughts on herbs (or other things relevant to healing items). the poll is simply what esthetic form of the herbs you prefer.

i actually like the test tube-spray, im itching to see the blue herb return so i can see the G+R+B in that form.
    Classic powder lump
    50.00%
    Modern Spray tube
    50.00%
    RE6's tic-tacs..?
    0.00%

Revelations magic instant heal at the cost of a single button!!!

Nah, seriously I like the spray form from RE5 and RER2, it's good that RER2 brought the healing animation back and you have to press the button a bit until the bar fills so you can't waste herbs by pressing the button by mistake.

Anyway I'd prefer herb mixtures do really make a comeback some day, the Red herbs in RE6 and RER2 are kind of dumb since you're still using green herbs separately anyway instead of an actual mixed herb.
    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I prefer the smoke-able kind.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

i knew someone would make that joke XD my brothers & i even made cracks about the G+R+B compound looking like cocaine.

Comment

I love the old school joint !

Comment

Fun fact, the herbs are perennial herbs of the Apiaceae (or Umbelliferae) family, making them related to celery, carrots and parsley.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

In other words you ingest it. Don't see a point in smoking a carrot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                In other words you ingest it. Don't see a point in smoking a carrot.
                Actually they're meant to be ground up and rubbed directly on wounds. Just because they're related to carrots doesn't mean eating them will give magic healing. In later games, they're sprayed on wounds like the first aid sprays.

Comment

Okay, so rubbing veges on the skin has magical healing powers. First Aid Spray is then technically a vegetable soup in a spray can.

Comment

They're not "vegetables" as you think, though. Neither are celery, carrot or parsley really. They're aromatic plants and there are over 400 genera in that family, each containing dozens of different plant species.

Rubbing ground-up plants on wounds is a pretty ancient method of healing. You can also use honey, coconut oil, aloe vera, garlic, chamomile, cayenne pepper, even potatoes.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 04-17-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

i knew this would lead to charmingly dorky conversations

Comment

i wonder if the G+R+B compound in tube form would look like the white powder? or the 3 separated like RE4 did?

i personally think they can be used any method (consumption, rubbing, or spray) plus a random thought i imagined what each herb might taste like XD greens are veggie, Reds are Spicy, Blues are mint, & yellows are Sweet.

i actually thought that in a classic RPG adaptation the yellows could appear as a 4th herb type to recover Magic/Mana/Eve(also compounds the same way green herbs would: Y+Y+Y, G+Y+G, Y+Y+B, G+Y+R, ect.)
                        Last edited by Joey3264; 04-17-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

You folks didn't think they carried around lighters in anticipation of puzzles did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            You folks didn't think they carried around lighters in anticipation of puzzles did you?
                            Chris carried a lighter because he was actually a smoker, everyone else pretty much for the lulz it seems
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                            X