Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Just pointing out how ridiculous some fans are for letting such a small detail get to them. And obviously you don't remember the first remaster thread because you seem not to know what true whining is.
    The new font is TERRIBLE, AWFUL, RIDICULOUS. Looks like a beginner's work. Sorry.

Maybe it was due to the font's resolution, or they would have to pay the font's owner a big amount.

Comment

Just pointing out how ridiculous some fans are for letting such a small detail get to them. And obviously you don't remember the first remaster thread because you seem not to know what true whining is.
      The new font is TERRIBLE, AWFUL, RIDICULOUS. Looks like a beginner's work. Sorry.

Maybe it was due to the font's resolution, or they would have to pay the font's owner a big amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post

The original font does indeed look much better than the newer font. You're probably right about the cost of using the font again.

However I just can't be bothered by it. I care so much more about the backgrounds and character models looking like true HD and Capcom has definitely succeeded with that. I think they've done much more good than bad this time around and it's so annoying to me when I see almost everyone complaining as soon as the game launches.
        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-20-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• having too much fun haven't even noticed such nonsense.

Comment

• Do you think that the backgrounds were re-rendered, or the original development team simply had high-definition masters of the backgrounds the whole time?

Comment

The original font does indeed look much better than the newer font. You're probably right about the cost of using the font again.

However I just can't be bothered by it. I care so much more about the backgrounds and character models looking like true HD and Capcom has definitely succeeded with that. I think they've done much more good than bad this time around and it's so annoying to me when I see almost everyone complaining as soon as the game launches.
              Dude, it's a mod, made by modders, on a modding forum. That's what people do on a modding forum. The only one making a big deal about this is you. lol
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• The use of a different font is no bother to me. The new font looks cleaner to me.

They did some great work with the backgrounds. Man, some of them are too damn good looking.

Oh and they fixed the issue with the sped up music for remake with the Origins Collection. Too bad the digital version won't be fixed.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I saw a post on my facebook the other day talking about the backgrounds.....that good eh?, Shame they either lost them or couldnt be bothered with the REmake

Hearing this makes me tempted to pick up the origins collection when i get a PS4, i assume the PS3 version is still 720p (which is BS for a game that mostly uses 2D backgrounds, The FFX and Kingdom Hearts HD collections are in 1080p on PS3)

Comment

• ^Well, there's a WIP mod that aims to replace most of the shitty-looking backgrounds in REmake HD with newly recreated renders. It's looking pretty promising so far:

This is being worked on by the same guy who made the font mod and the 1996 voice acting mod:

Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                      Dude, it's a mod, made by modders, on a modding forum. That's what people do on a modding forum. The only one making a big deal about this is you. lol
                      You are missing my point entirely. It would be nice to come here and see positivity rather than people making "big deals" about button changes and fonts. After the RE1 remaster thread just the sight of the slightest complaining makes my eyes roll.

And I have no problem with modding. In fact, I can't wait to see them change Rebecca's glossy baby doll eyes. Happy I joined the bandwagon?

Comment

• Except the botched up controls really is a big deal since it's horribly counter-intuitive. If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be people complaining about it, let alone people coming up with ways in order to fix it.

As for the font, no one was complaining about it. A mod that made it EVEN better popped up, so I decided to post it here for people who want to use it. Like I said, the only who's making a big deal about it is you.

I couldn't really care less whether you decide to join the bandwagon or not, but some people actually enjoy playing the game better with these mod fixes, and you really have no business telling people to just STFU and enjoy playing the game without them.
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-21-2016, 06:25 AM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• ^ Exactly, Coming from someone who has mostly played RE on playstation since the very first one the changed controls take some getting used to. Even more so when i still play the others in the series on my PS

Wasn't aware that the PS4 has a system wide button change/rebind though, that's a pretty cool feature. Is it on a game basis or would you have to change it each time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            Oh and they fixed the issue with the sped up music for remake with the Origins Collection. Too bad the digital version won't be fixed.
                            Wait, what ? Are you serious ?

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              Except the botched up controls really is a big deal since it's horribly counter-intuitive. If it wasn't, then there wouldn't be people complaining about it, let alone people coming up with ways in order to fix it.
                              The only people who are having trouble with the controls are those who can't accept change. I got used to them within an hour of playing and didn't think twice about it. I was too busy being fascinated by the HD environments that Capcom did a excellent job with.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              As for the font, no one was complaining about it. A mod that made it EVEN better popped up, so I decided to post it here for people who want to use it. Like I said, the only who's making a big deal about it is you.
                              Seeing as how worked up you're getting it seems to be a bigger issue for you than me. It's funny as I wasn't even directly referring to you but the modders who made it yet you took such great offense. I apologize for upsetting you so greatly.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              I couldn't really care less whether you decide to join the bandwagon or not, but some people actually enjoy playing the game better with these mod fixes, and you really have no business telling people to just STFU and enjoy playing the game without them.
                              When did I tell people to stfu? I said I wished there would be more positivity than negativity. Believe it or not, some people are enjoying the game as it IS and would like to see discussions about the good things rather than the bad. I'm done with this conversation as you and I are making it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Cheers
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-21-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• The controls do suck. Especially on Xbox, since they just mapped the Dual Shock controls to the Xbox pad, which has different triggers. Plus, it makes no sense to have a totally different layout than in REmake HD, the two games should have similar controls, that's just logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X