Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Unfortunately, the source materials from RE2 and RE3 are probably long gone by now. Remember how the separate development team of RE3 couldn't even re-render the police station backgrounds in 640x480 like the newer backgrounds? That was after only a year! I'm shocked that they didn't keep the REmake source materials.
    That's not true, otherwise, how do you explain the new camera angles?

Click image for larger version

Name:	R1110C.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	404794

Name:	R11102.JPG
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	404796

Name:	R11110.JPG
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	404797

Name:	R11406.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	404798

Name:	R1160D.JPG
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	404795

The models are so outdated that they are beyond repair, you can't really reuse them.

CAPCOM remade the police station at least 2 times, in Outbreak and Darkside Chronicles, they'll re build it again for the new game.

Comment

• I'd love to see some new ultra hd pre-rendered backrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
        That's not true, otherwise, how do you explain the new camera angles?
        Oh, great. They were just lazy, then. Oh, I'm sorry, 'economical'.

I agree; even if they had all of those assets intact today, re-rendering them in 1920x1080 would make the game feel like a point-and-click PC adventure from the '90s. They should definitely make new pre-rendered backgrounds from scratch.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-25-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• I understand the desire for the old style, I'm fine either way because I've played and enjoyed both. But the question is, since this is a new game aka not just a port of a ps1 title, they will have to take Into consideration what they will be willing to expend regarding the development of this game. After how fantastically 6 failed to meet their expectations and revelations 2 being successful, they may not give it the budget people want and instead go for something lower budget. Which will, of course, cause the game to not look as great as it could.

There is no doubt that the remasters have been successful, but they pale in comparison to how successful 4, 5, and the revelations series have been. And doing a remake will require more funds than a remaster, so capcom will desire to market out the game past the nostalgia based fans. Yes, Orc and darkside showed a more updated raccoon city, but they didn't utilize the city to the extent that 2 itself or even 3 did. Not to mention, the horrible camera shaking for darkside and the lackluster gameplay of Orc which itself was just a train wreck.

All I'm saying, is that while it'd be nice and interesting to see a classic esque resident evil 2 remake, financially and realistically, unless it is lower budget, it'll likely be third person over the shoulder.

Comment

• They're probably trying to do another "perfect balance" of appeal for both old and new fans which is ussualy almost always a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
              They're probably trying to do another "perfect balance" of appeal for both old and new fans which is ussualy almost always a disaster.
              Why is it so bloody objectionable to Capcom to stick with the TPS crap for the main series and venture back into pre-rendered backgrounds for side projects like REmake2? That would actually be a balance! Each clique would have its own games tailored to it.
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-26-2016, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• REmaster broke records for a digital release. It sold about as much as REV2 did if not more by now, pretty impressive for something that's just a remaster against a entirely new game. If that isn't a clue to Capcom as to what fans are wanting right now then I don't know what is.

Third person controls would be horrible for RE2. It would completely take away from the fact that RE2 is a survival "horror" game, and being able to see every slow moving zombie in front of you and dodging them would in no way contribute. Plus RE2 is such a short game by today's standards imagine what the length would be with third person controls.

I'd like to think that horrible monstrosity Umbrella Corps is to satisfy the COD fanbase so they don't feel left out. I mean, seeing as how carefully the developers are handling this whole thing; asking the fans if they want a RE2 remake, then posting a picture of the pitch going to Capcom, followed by a formal announcement video. Pretty sure they are gonna go full on classic here, and they made sure it was wanted before proceeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                  REmaster broke records for a digital release. It sold about as much as REV2 did if not more by now, pretty impressive for something that's just a remaster against a entirely new game. If that isn't a clue to Capcom as to what fans are wanting right now then I don't know what is.

Third person controls would be horrible for RE2. It would completely take away from the fact that RE2 is a survival "horror" game, and being able to see every slow moving zombie in front of you and dodging them would in no way contribute. Plus RE2 is such a short game by today's standards imagine what the length would be with third person controls.

I'd like to think that horrible monstrosity Umbrella Corps is to satisfy the COD fanbase so they don't feel left out. I mean, seeing as how carefully the developers are handling this whole thing; asking the fans if they want a RE2 remake, then posting a picture of the pitch going to Capcom, followed by a formal announcement video. Pretty sure they are gonna go full on classic here, and they made sure it was wanted before proceeding.
                  THIS!

I wouldn't mind if they 'split' the series into Classic and TPS styles (Tomb Raider kinda did this with its Lara Croft spin-offs)

I'm beginning to hate the TPS style gameplay and no matter what new moves they add, it looks boring - watching Umbrella Corps and its similar gameplay just confirms that for me.
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                    YO FUCK THAT! This game was clearly designed to troll its players.
                    Yea. The game's beatiful, but it ain't no REmake. TBH, I think the issue with the game stems from the fact that some of the design choices were probably made with the PSX-era RE gameplay in mind, i.e. the scrapped n64 version. The aggressive enemies with cheap attacks like the leech man and the eliminators seem like they'd be a perfect fit with the PSX-era gameplay, not so much with the clunky REmake-stye gameplay though. Also, if the partnered segments in RE2 and RE3 are any indication, the partner system would've probably been less of a pain in the ass to deal with. It makes me wonder if Zero would have been better received had they gone forward with the n64 version instead. It wouldn't be as beatiful, but it would've probably been a lot more fun.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-26-2016, 08:37 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Finally picked this up today and have played a little bit of it. They've done a brilliant job with the backgrounds, they look amazing. There are a few things that stick out for me though.

I know that there's a bit of a divide but I'm confused as to why they've changed both the run and item buttons around. A bit of a rant here, but it's such a small change and yet so effective considering how often both running and the inventory are both used. I decided to give the 'new' controls a go as I didn't bother with them on Remake and I don't like them that much, I'll run into another angle and then suddenly Billy/Rebecca is going back the other way. I find it funny because the controls of the classic RE games were always compare to tank controls, and yet this new setup feels like I'm gliding on ice.

Maybe it's about time that they allow us to completely customise the controls to our liking, especially when all of the preset options barely change between Type A - Type E, nothing more than slight changes on the trigger buttons. I'm not sure how they messed this up but the rest of the game is as great as I remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        Yea. The game's beatiful, but it ain't no REmake. TBH, I think the issue with the game stems from the fact that some of the design choices were probably made with the PSX-era RE gameplay in mind, i.e. the scrapped n64 version. The aggressive enemies with cheap attacks like the leech man and the eliminators seem like they'd be a perfect fit with the PSX-era gameplay, not so much with the clunky REmake-stye gameplay though. Also, if the partnered segments in RE2 and RE3 are any indication, the partner system would've probably been less of a pain in the ass to deal with. It makes me wonder if Zero would have been better received had they gone forward with the n64 version instead. It wouldn't be as beatiful, but it would've probably been a lot more fun.
                        I did notice that you tend to get more cheaply hit in this game but I never put my finger on why. In Remake when you get hit you have enough time after you shake an enemy off to either run or fire your weapon. In this game getting trapped by 2 hunters or 2 monkeys seems to royally fuck me. The Hunters in zero are harder due to hitting you faster but also easier as they seem to almost never go for 1-hit kills. Infact I've only gotten my throat slashed one time in the 13 years since the original released.

Comment

• I've been playing through this quite a bit over the past few days, I'm surprised to how much I remembered when it came to where to go and such. I have to say, I got fairly use to the controls quicker then I thought, I just stuck with the 'classic' controls as opposed to the new ones, maybe next playthrough I'll give it a go.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                          I did notice that you tend to get more cheaply hit in this game but I never put my finger on why. In Remake when you get hit you have enough time after you shake an enemy off to either run or fire your weapon. In this game getting trapped by 2 hunters or 2 monkeys seems to royally fuck me. The Hunters in zero are harder due to hitting you faster but also easier as they seem to almost never go for 1-hit kills. Infact I've only gotten my throat slashed one time in the 13 years since the original released.
                          There were some areas in particular where I would get trapped in a corner and that would be pretty much it, the hunters and elimnators did a brilliant job at completely wrecking Rebecca or Billy in those situations. The are where you have to get the dial from the cage, the two hunters in there almost had me numbered, but it was one of the most intense moments I've played in a while.

Comment

• ^^^ I've seen various people on twitch get wrecked by the 2 cage hunters because they sent Rebecca to the 2nd floor with no good weapons.

Comment

• That's brilliant, I'll usually just run through it, a bit of a death wish I know. It had been a while since I last saved and Rebecca was on caution at the time, but was a rush regardless!

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                I was literally about 10 seconds away from beating Hard/No Heal/No Save/Under 3 hours when I got hit by Queen Leech's acid attack. Billy died. Fucking game.
                                Just ran into the same damn issue myself, Rebecca nearly had all the levers down for the roof opening and got owned with the acid attack.
                                Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X