No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the topic of HD Remasters, does anyone here still play their GC copies of REmake as opposed to the HD version?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      On the topic of HD Remasters, does anyone here still play their GC copies of REmake as opposed to the HD version?
      Of course, way better than the remaster garbage.

Comment

How was the remaster "garbage"?

And I'm sure I'm in the minority but I truly don't see why a remake of RE2 needs to be made. The game is perfect the way it is as a timeless 5th generation classic.

Even if it were remade I'm sure they'll just use the now overly saturated over-the-shoulder engine from RE4+.

Comment

The remaster was far from being garbage. Only thing I miss from it vs the GC version is the original fonts. Besides that they included the original ratio that played just like it did on the GC.

Comment

I'd be happy with just re-releases of RE2 and RE3 optimized for modern operating systems released on Steam with Steam achievements as opposed to full fledged remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
              Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
              The remaster was far from being garbage. Only thing I miss from it vs the GC version is the original fonts. Besides that they included the original ratio that played just like it did on the GC.
              This x2.

Capcom did the best they could with what assets they had for the REmaster.
              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 05-27-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post

And I'm sure I'm in the minority but I truly don't see why a remake of RE2 needs to be made. The game is perfect the way it is as a timeless 5th generation classic.

Even if it were remade I'm sure they'll just use the now overly saturated over-the-shoulder engine from RE4+.
                They should use the Dead Aim camera angle but further back and lower so you can see your feet and enemies behind you in long corridors, instead of having the ceilings in shot. Like this but closer and cropped around the first square behind the feet and just around and above the two dotted lights.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mikhail; 05-28-2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

The remaster was amazing, one of the first games I made sure to get all the achievements in.
                  Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

My only complaint with REmaster is the sped up music. I know that may seem like a small gruff but it literally ruins the fucking game for me and because of that I'd rather play my GC version. Thankfully the PC version fixed this (thanks to the fans and not Capcom). It is so pathetic that something this noticeable would go unnoticed by Capcom and would have no effort to fix!

Comment

I highly doubt they didn't notice, they just don't care. People blindly buy and once they get everyone's money they simply move on, then a couple of fans fix things for free and Capcom saves time and money.
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

The HD remaster was shit!

Comment

Here's the thing. Since you guys have a track record for critiquing Capcom and their more recent work it's already set in stone for you guys to be critical with every detail whether big or small. For me this is a very minor hiccup. It's seriously not like it's a major issue that makes the game unplayable. Do you realize that every game patch actually costs Capcom money? They aren't free to distribute. Now imagine that going to every console and multiply that cost per system by the amount of systems there is. Not worth it for a couple of minor issues. I never knew this until after I read a post on Undead Lab's forums, they ended up fixing issues in mega patch that resolved several glitches and issues not just a couple.

Besides, you folks finally get a taste of updated survival horror and end of up whining like a bunch of kids. Relax and we'll get what we want. It's not if but when.
                          Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 05-28-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

If a game needs patches, it's because devs are doing something wrong in the first place, or they're not dedicating enough time/effort on beta testing, or they just trust that everything can be patched later based on players' feedback, especially when currently there's plenty of games that need a lot of patches to be played the way they are meant to be.
                            What did companies do ten years ago when adding post-release patches into their games wasn't even a possibility?

I wouldn't get mad because of minor issues, but it's true that either companies are doing things wrong or the industry is doing something wrong, games should be released when they're done and work flawlessly. Otherwise the situation doesn't favor anyone, consumers get angry because games have issues and not work as they expected, and games themselves get harmed because more angry people mean more negative reviews, and lower scores, and that means a drop in sales.
                            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                              I wouldn't get mad because of minor issues, but it's true that either companies are doing things wrong or the industry is doing something wrong, games should be released when they're done and work flawlessly. Otherwise the situation doesn't favor anyone, consumers get angry because games have issues and not work as they expected, and games themselves get harmed because more angry people mean more negative reviews, and lower scores, and that means a drop in sales.
                              None of which happened to the Remaster though. It received above average scores and broke sales records. The only people who noticed the sped up music sections were the hardcore classic RE fans, majority of all the other gamers had no clue or didn't mind. The only thing modders did was fix those sped up tracks and remove the door animations which was unnecessary.

Capcom could have easily just stretched the backgrounds and added some crappy softening filter over the whole thing but they didn't. I give them massive props for spending individual time with each background making sure they looked as clean and crisp as possible. You can only complain so much that it just turns into nitpicking.

Comment

^This. I'm a hardcore REfan while at the same time very lenient. Music didn't bother me any. The only thing that did was why couldn't Capcom release the game multi-platform sooner. Fortunately for me I had a friend who had a "Lamecube" in which I played and beat REmake "which required an all nighter for both scenarios". At the time it wasn't worth buying the GameCube just for 3 and only 3 RE games. I did buy RE4 Special Edition for PS2 even after beating it on the Cube. In fact beat it several times to be honest on the PS2.
                                Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 05-28-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X