No announcement yet.

Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I very much doubt they would make the game 3rd person. Given the success of the REmaster and the positive feedback to the Zero remaster, I'm sure Capcom knows better, and they know when fans asked for a RE2 remake it meant going back to classic RE.

Maybe they'll incorporate 3rd person play in a mini-game like mercs or something, but I don't see it happening for the main campaign itself. If anything the static camera will move like in Outbreak or Code Veronica, I honestly wouldn't even mind a 3.5 style of gameplay but 3rd person? Nope.
    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-13-2015, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• This is the same company who thought canceling Megaman legends 3, rushing resident evil 6, creating dmc: devil may cry, and many other things were good ideas.

They likely won't go back to static camera angles because, unlike the remasters for the remake of 1 and zero, this will be a completely new game and as such, while the fans certainly did show that there would be support for this, capcom also has to act like a business and ensure this does the best it can. The gameplay of revelations 2, refined, will likely be what we can expect because, as slow as third person can improve, it is still leagues ahead of tank controls of the past. One of the criticisms of resident evil before 4 was the tired reliance on tank controls which, even back in 2002, were derided as archaic. Going back to it today would be business suicide, especially since a good majority of those wanting said return are the minority in the fandom.
      Last edited by Drake; 08-13-2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• I just hope the separate inventory screen returns. I'm ok with switching weapons on the fly, but I want to pause the game and examine items. That is something that was seriously missing from RE5-onward. And as for the style of inventory, I loved the grid. It made sense, because a chicken egg was 1/16th the size of a rocket launcher...
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
          This is the same company who thought canceling Megaman legends 3, rushing resident evil 6, creating dmc: devil may cry, and many other things were good ideas.

They likely won't go back to static camera angles because, unlike the remasters for the remake of 1 and zero, this will be a completely new game and as such, while the fans certainly did show that there would be support for this, capcom also has to act like a business and ensure this does the best it can. The gameplay of revelations 2, refined, will likely be what we can expect because, as slow as third person can improve, it is still leagues ahead of tank controls of the past. One of the criticisms of resident evil before 4 was the tired reliance on tank controls which, even back in 2002, were derided as archaic. Going back to it today would be business suicide, especially since a good majority of those wanting said return are the minority in the fandom.
          How would it be business suicide? REmaster broke sale records for a digital release. Capcom is all about going where the money is, because these days they need it. Sure, in 2002 tank controls were getting old after 6 years of it, but every type of gameplay style comes back again after awhile. I mean, 2D fighting games were gone for almost a decade before SFIV came along. Capcom has done some questionable things in the past but they certainly aren't stupid. They know when it's time to make a change again and after 11 years since RE4 I think that time is now.

Comment

• And how was the remaster made? From already constructed materials, which lessened the development costs and allowed it to surpass capcoms meager expectations. 2 will require all new data, all new materials, which means a wider audience will be needed so that capcom can recoup the costs and make a profit. Dead space, resident evil 4, 5, and revelations have proven there is a even more sizable market than just the fans who may or may not purchase the game.

And the situation with street fighter is different: tank controls went extinct because they were a product of a more restrictive time in video game technology. 2d fighters have always been on the top of their game, like King of fighters, capcom vs series, etc. fully 3d, outside of dead or alive, tekken, or virtual fighter proved to be fruitless.

Comment

• I want the same care that went into the remake to go into a remake of 2:Expanded upon support characters, extended story to solidify pre-established gameplay elements and gimmicks and more features to be introduced that is in sync with each characters difficulty distribution. I can easily picture a twist that allows us to either save Rob Kendo for some temp support/additional backup story from his mouth or letting him die to get his weapon. Since they ended up never doing anything further with Hunk they can do whatever they want with him now.

I also can see them changing up the things you do on scenario A so they have opposite effects on B just to screw with us like if you blow up the alligator in A. Having the player believe they still don't have to deal with it again in B but then there will let a stronger boss take its place instead or maybe the blast debris from a scenario A explosion will force the player to take a new, longer route to get to their support character. I can imagine they can have a fun time fooling around with the window shutters idea.

Also QUICK KNIFE GOD DAMMIT. Thats the only element from the latter series I want to see in the classic series. None of this over the shoulder stuff. This is the prefect opportunity to bring in 1.5 stuff like the extra wing in the lab and some rooms in the factory segment not just the two awkward hallways up to the marshal yard that were there in re2.

ADD: Oh man too much to type but I'm ok with crimson heads not returning for story reasons. I feel that the zombies in raccoon city weren't infected long enough to ascend into V-ACTS seeing as how their skin hasn't even reached grey pigment yet.
              Last edited by NEOMEGA; 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone direct me to the Facebook thread where fans are giving Capcom feedback on REmake2 directly?

Comment

• I just want 1.5 elements <3

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                    Also QUICK KNIFE GOD DAMMIT. Thats the only element from the latter series I want to see in the classic series.
                    Hell yes!! the old knifes just suck man i hate them so much if its an re 5 knife im fine with that but something... even though it is just a knife maybe they could add an extra knife that is alot more powerful... something !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                      Can anyone direct me to the Facebook thread where fans are giving Capcom feedback on REmake2 directly?
                      Here: https://www.facebook.com/residentevil?fref=ts
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• As long as the knife is still useless so people will want to avoid running out of ammunition.

Comment

And how was the remaster made? From already constructed materials, which lessened the development costs and allowed it to surpass capcoms meager expectations. 2 will require all new data, all new materials, which means a wider audience will be needed so that capcom can recoup the costs and make a profit. Dead space, resident evil 4, 5, and revelations have proven there is a even more sizable market than just the fans who may or may not purchase the game.

And the situation with street fighter is different: tank controls went extinct because they were a product of a more restrictive time in video game technology. 2d fighters have always been on the top of their game, like King of fighters, capcom vs series, etc. fully 3d, outside of dead or alive, tekken, or virtual fighter proved to be fruitless.
                          It really doesn't matter what the budget was for the REmaster. It made a huge profit, so huge that they went ahead to give Zero the same treatment. Also these aren't just simple ports, every background had to be individually cleaned up...Capcom would not even waste time doing that again to Zero if they knew there was no profit to be made from it. Capcom acknowledged that they weren't happy with the sales RE6 made, if anything they'd be ify about going down that route with something they know is meant to be played in classic controls.

Sure, Dead Space was successful for EA and was indeed atmospheric, but RE5 was pure action. Revelations had a fair amount of shoot-em-up sequences as well. Capcom has shown us that they are unable to create a survival horror game using 3rd person controls, and that is the LAST thing RE2 needs. 3rd person makes it so easy to get headshots and lets you see everything that is in front of you it would completely ruin the experience.

And none of those fighting games you mentioned even come close to the popularity of the SF series. The Capcom VS games were released silently just to see how much money they could milk in. SFIV brought 2D back into mainstream again, then you saw MK returning to it's classic 2D roots as well as the long awaited MVC3 sequel and the revival of Killer Instinct.
                          Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-14-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

And how was the remaster made? From already constructed materials, which lessened the development costs and allowed it to surpass capcoms meager expectations. 2 will require all new data, all new materials, which means a wider audience will be needed so that capcom can recoup the costs and make a profit. Dead space, resident evil 4, 5, and revelations have proven there is a even more sizable market than just the fans who may or may not purchase the game.

You never played the HD REmaster, did you? It featured the option of playing with either classic tank controls from the original GC version and a new alternative controls that allowed you to move more freely. I personally didn't like the new control scheme so I always stuck with classic in my playthroughs. If Capcom goes for the classic style, there is no reason why they can't include both the old and new controls like they did with REmaster.

Capcom have stated they are letting the fate of RE's future in our hands, which means if majority of us want the classic gameplay back, they are going to do it, and from what I've seen of people posting on their Facebook pages the fans want the classic gameplay back. At this point, over the shoulder cam engines have been done to death. Talk about 'archaic' formulas.

Comment

• I shouldn't get my hopes up but I have a small sliver of it that it just might happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                                As long as the knife is still useless so people will want to avoid running out of ammunition.
                                Yeah I agree, they should keep the knife weak and with virtually no stun power so that its use would be still mostly situational, please not another RECV knife.
                                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                                X