Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
    I was clearly talking about the hallway on 2F with the statue where you get the jewel...
    And it's literally the same door. Look at the bottom of your obnoxiously circled copy there. Make note of the large hole.

Comment

• Not sure if trolling... but given your second response I'm gonna assume your just trying to be funny...
      Originally posted by The Patriot View Post
      Look at the bottom of your obnoxiously circled copy there. Make note of the large hole.
      You can even see the red lighting through the hole.

Anyway it would be cool if after blowing off the door to the chief as claire she would have a bit of extra plastic explosive left that you can optionally blow open THAT door for an additional shortcut for leon's game if you just so happen to play as claire first.

Also don't take darkside chronicles lightly just because umbrella chronicles was crap. The laser thing was from the latter.
      Last edited by NEOMEGA; 08-19-2015, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• What I don't understand is that there's an entire chunk of the map where there SHOULD be a room in the area with the vending machine right outside the library (it's actually the same area where that busted door leads to from the statue hallway). You can see it on the map below in the area that says "Handgun Bullets."

Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
          What I don't understand is that there's an entire chunk of the map where there SHOULD be a room in the area with the vending machine right outside the library (it's actually the same area where that busted door leads to from the statue hallway). You can see it on the map below in the area that says "Handgun Bullets."

I see what you mean. I'd say they could probably fit 2-3 rooms more into each floor if they wanted to... and I think adding more to the third floor besides just the clocktower room would be a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
            Goddamn, that was awful.

A pitch-black environment simply isn't scary, it's frustrating. It looked like a chore just figuring out how the hell to navigate each room.
            Last edited by MeganGrass; 08-19-2015, 10:46 AM.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              I see what you mean. I'd say they could probably fit 2-3 rooms more into each floor if they wanted to... and I think adding more to the third floor besides just the clocktower room would be a good idea.
              I think they're better off focusing on expanding pretty much every other area in the game, aside from the police station. With the RPD, we already have an established floor plan that they have to adhere to and can only change so much. On the other hand, we only really visit small segments of the other areas in the game. Areas like the sewage treatment plant, sewers, factory, and labs can easily be doubled, or even tripled, in size since there's no floor plan limiting how much you can expand on them. Even the basement of the RPD can have a bunch of rooms added since it's underground.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-19-2015, 11:07 AM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                I think they're better off focusing on expanding pretty much every other area in the game, aside from the police station. With the RPD, we already have an established floor plan that they have to adhere to and can only change so much. On the other hand, we only really visit small segments of the other areas in the game. Areas like the sewage treatment plant, sewers, factory, and labs can easily be doubled, or even tripled, in size since there's no floor plan limiting how much you can expand on them. Even the basement of the RPD can have a bunch of rooms added since it's underground.
                I was thinking about the basement too. The sewers definitely need to be expanded upon, or completely changed... I always found it boring.

There could also be a new area or areas aside from the RPD, Sewers, Marshaling Yard and Lab since we got the whole cabin added to REmake.
                Last edited by Snake Plissken; 08-19-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• I think the RPD can be expanded but not nearly as much as they did with the mansion, because it has to keep certain consistency in its architecture and how it fits within the surroundings, while the mansion was meant to have a messy layout on purpose.

So looking at the maps, they could still add a few more rooms to each floor without breaking the overall RPD layout. 1F definitely needs a kitchen and two bathrooms.

Other areas could be expanded with almost no restriction, I'm expecting more of the sewers and vacant factory (and including B7F lab from Outbreak would be awesome too).

One thing I kinda dislike about the first remake is that they didn't add anything new to the lab, it was like they got a bit lazy towards the end of the game or something.
                  Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-19-2015, 11:31 AM.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• I never thought the RPD ever came across as a "functioning" Police Station. The holding cell areas is way too small. I hope they fix the elevation problem with Marvin's room and the waiting room right next to it.

Comment

• I hope they get rid of the sewage disposal plant altogether. This area has nothing going for it : it's boring, misplaced, and ridiculously small.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                        IMG
                        Now thats something. I do feel that that wing's use ends earlier leaving a revisit rather pointless during the later half of the station. Especially at the point the zombies break in through the first licker hallway. It was pointless because you never need to deal with them unlike the break in on the east wing side. Even then its only an issue for claire cause she has to deal with the zombies when going into the basement. Leon doesn't need to worry about either break ins cause he gets the clocktower chute straight to the basement then escapes down there.

1-2 more rooms? Bathroom and locker/changing room. But yeah the other areas beyond the station are more in need of add ons. The water treatment area only has one single, *practical* exit/entrance and that requires use of a quite extravagant tram which is peculiar.

Comment

• either it'll be 1.5 remake or completly different storyline like alternate universe kind of thing

i just cant see the same storyline

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                            Not sure if trolling... but given your second response I'm gonna assume your just trying to be funny...

You can even see the red lighting through the hole.

Anyway it would be cool if after blowing off the door to the chief as claire she would have a bit of extra plastic explosive left that you can optionally blow open THAT door for an additional shortcut for leon's game if you just so happen to play as claire first.

Also don't take darkside chronicles lightly just because umbrella chronicles was crap. The laser thing was from the latter.
                            Yeah OK smartass, lets call a lynch mob and accuse someone who has obviously been a member of this site alot longer than you have as a troll because I made a mistake. Grow up.

I've gone through RE2 so many times I never look at the maps. I've had this discussion with others and even other people(long time players of RE2) were confused as to where that area leads from, it was never indicated or made obvious that the area leads from the vending machine boarded up doors. The camera angles and the geography make it even harder to connect the two areas. And no, I never noticed the hole there until you mentioned it.

But I do see what you mean now and I guess it all adds up and makes sense.

Sorry, but I will take DSC lightly. It looked like utter crap and so did the former Umbrella Chronicles. Not my problem you can't learn to accept someone's opinion that differs from yours, read my first sentence.
                            Last edited by VirusPunk; 08-19-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Yes, it was obvious. But yes, still, a lot of people, even among those who played through the game multiple times, were confused by that door, just like a lot of people were confused by the sealed door in RE1 connecting the fountain to the heliport.
                              Don't be hopping mad because you made a beginner's mistake, take it like a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                Yes, it was obvious. But yes, still, a lot of people, even among those who played through the game multiple times, were confused by that door, just like a lot of people were confused by the sealed door in RE1 connecting the fountain to the heliport.
                                Don't be hopping mad because you made a beginner's mistake, take it like a man.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	24715_105456206160312_4212698_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	404748

Comment

Working...
                                X