Capcom asking the fans about an REmake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought, but Spoiler:

I'm not getting my hopes too high yet though until we see some teaser footage/screenshots. If it ends up being behind the shoulder then my interest in this will be soiled.

Comment

^^^
      Highly doubt that since if they use pre-renders for the upcoming remake they'll use a far more advanced engine to generate them. The zero ones would probably look outdated compared to the rest of the game.

Comment

Not to mention that in Zero the factory and Lab are in a state of decay and disrepair.
        In RE2 everything is shiny and new.. and clearly have been used recently.

Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 08-03-2015, 03:36 AM.
        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

I think i heard a theory that the lab you find in re0 is actually an abandoned separate lab. the elevator connecting to it would make alot more sense.

Comment

I remember reading a fairly lengthy discussion about this and from what I understand the areas in RE0 are actually different from the ones visited in RE2. They're just very similar to one another.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I agree with pretty much everyone in this thread, and definitely don't want this timeless classic and one of my favorite games ever getting ruined by TPS mechanics.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
              Not to mention that in Zero the factory and Lab are in a state of decay and disrepair.
              Well, that also happens in RE1, everything looks darker and creepier in remake due to the better color palettes and FX.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                Well, that also happens in RE1, everything looks darker and creepier in remake due to the better color palettes and FX.
                Yeah, it's the same lab. No doubt about it. Just put in to extend the length of the game without any real consideration to the accuracy of the geography.
                Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-03-2015, 10:40 AM.
                "I've got 100 cows."
                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

If this news came a decade ago, the majority of people would be really hyped up for an upcoming remake of 2, I guess with the latest titles it's really changed the opinions of some - but I can completely understand why some would be a little sketchy about it.

Hopefully Capcom have learnt their lesson from the reception of REmake HD. The players still want a 'classic' title, and while we might not receive an original title with the classic play style it would definitely be something to see them give RE2 the same treatment as they did when remaking RE1. In the worst case scenario, we'll still have the original RE2.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                    Yeah, it's the same lab. No doubt about it. Just put in to extend the length of the game without any real consideration to the accuracy of the geography.
                    Someone on a previous forum actually posted a map of the arklay mountains and it showed where all the trams go. With that, the whole same lab thing made pefect sense!

So back on topic, a youtuber by the name of Alphaomegasin actually stated a really cool idea that I think could possibly work. He thinks they should put scrapped 1.5 elements into RE2make like perhaps the manspider or some of the areas. Basically kind of how they added in scrapped stuff from the original into the first REmake. I for one am up for them adding in an extended factory (Kinda like how they extended the underground caves in REmake. What 1.5 elements do you guys feel they should add?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      What 1.5 elements do you guys feel they should add?
                      The RPD shooting range. Out of all the scrapped areas/puzzles, I regret not seeing that one the most. The most exciting room out of all the ones that were rejected.

Also, for Christ sake, add some toilets.

Comment

They should add a new corridor somewhere leading to a pair of bathrooms, a kitchen, and a laundry room, it looks like the RPD doesn't meet health standards at all. It would be great if they could add some more rooms to 3F too.

Someone on a previous forum actually posted a map of the arklay mountains and it showed where all the trams go. With that, the whole same lab thing made pefect sense!
                        Sounds interesting, could you tell me where I can find that map?
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

It was no wonder that place was doomed!

Comment

RE0 is an already amazing game, seeing Enrico and rebecca there is mind blowing... And that glorious line "I never saw his face again..."

Comment

The lab in RE 2 was "shinier" because the textures were different and of course older tech but new tech at the time. The same applies for REmake's lab. The lab in Zero is most certainly the same lab unless someone can come up with proof instead of a rumor or he said she said.

And Zero is being remastered in HD the pre rendered backgrounds will be retained just like with the REmake remaster. You guys need to get your facts straight lol.

Comment

^^^
                                Highly doubt that since if they use pre-renders for the upcoming remake they'll use a far more advanced engine to generate them. The zero ones would probably look outdated compared to the rest of the game.
                                Are they not re-releasing the games in HD and updated, and aren't they going to remain pre-rendered and the areas exactly the same? There is nothing more advanced than using a 3D application's hardware renderer. They can improve the lighting, shadows, resolution of the textures, but aside from that there is not much else they can do and it won't be a real significant improvement. There is no such thing as a far more advanced rendering engine. Pre-rendered backgrounds aren't made in any engine. From what I've gathered, they were created in Autodesk Maya and used either Mental Ray or V-Ray to render. REmake HD and Zero HD will all be using the same hardware renderer, with only a few areas being recreated in real-time 3D.

If those areas are being remade for the HD remake of Zero, there's no reason they can't be reused in the RE2make. Even the GameCube backgrounds stand the test of time as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post

Different time periods. Obviously, RE0 wasn't in the full development cycle by the time RE2 hit the markets. Also, how do you know that those labs from Zero weren't how the labs were supposed to originally look to begin with? Zero is an updated engine, so they had more leverage to use dirtier and grimier looking textures.

Any sources that confirm that the labs from Zero weren't the same as RE2's or is it just speculation? You're all forgetting that the save room as well as the marshaling yard from RE2 was in Zero as well as the monitor room underneath the lift cart. Unless Raccoon City's design plan was to copy/paste the exact same architecture for different areas?

Not to mention, Birkin was in Zero... Unless he magically had two identical labs within the span of 0 and RE2, that just doesn't add up or make any sense.
                                Last edited by VirusPunk; 08-03-2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X