Resident Evil 1 betas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1 betas.

I haven't been around here for a quite a while so maybe I missed something but what do you people think the chances are that more RE1 beta or preview builds get released? we obviously know there are several other ones out there. 3 came out pretty much all at once a few years ago then nothing. RE1 betas are extremely interesting.

I didn't know there were anymore? Anyone know of any interesting beta stuff we have not seen in action yet? Like maybe scrapped enemies that were implemented and removed or scenes?

Comment

I remember there was some words going around about another beta with a better debug menu that was going to leak shortly after the first one did but it never happened.

Comment

Never heard of another beta existing, but it wouldn't surprise. Would be interesting if Project Umbrella would feature 'Welsh' as a guest on the podcast again but this time with a focus on fan-asked RE1 questions. There's definitely still some grey areas with that game.
        The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

anyone have the original alpha to re 1 ? id like to play it would be appreciated i have the beta from 1 31 96 with debug but like it takes forever and acts stuck in the main hall when they come in, if i use the menu to jump some rooms my character like doesnt move but some rooms he will so weird.

Comment

As far as I was aware there's only the 2 alpha versions in the wild, then Biohazard (Full Game Debug Sample 31-01-1996) and Bio Hazard Trial Edition (J) [SLPM-80027]
            would like to see the co op build leak everyone is always going on about.

Comment

Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
              would like to see the co op build leak everyone is always going on about.
              On some other thread News Bot essentially confirmed that the 'co-op' build wasn't really co-op, at all- what people saw (and then assumed as co-op) in that archaic/old short clip was similair to the end of the game/prison room, where your partner (Chris for Jill, and vice versa) follows you around parts of the mansion. There was never even an intention for an actual co-op 'experience', apparently.

Would be nice to know if the clip shown was merely for testing purposes of the partner follow mechanic, or if it tied in to any intended scenarios that never made it.
              The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Originally posted by nicksena17 View Post
                anyone have the original alpha to re 1 ? id like to play it would be appreciated i have the beta from 1 31 96 with debug but like it takes forever and acts stuck in the main hall when they come in, if i use the menu to jump some rooms my character like doesnt move but some rooms he will so weird.
                In Zombie-X site you can found the RE1 alphas:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                  http://www.the-zombie-x.net/bio-betas/
                  Thanks Man def appreciate it cant wait to play them

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                    http://www.the-zombie-x.net/bio-betas/
                    Thanks for posting the link. I lost all of these when my PC crashed.

Comment

Working...
                    X