No announcement yet.

According to an interview, a new Outbreak title may happen in the near future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to an interview, a new Outbreak title may happen in the near future

Link:

Taken from the article:

"Resident Evil" game creator Masochika Kawata, who is also expected to lead the "Resident Evil 2" remake, revealed the initial status of this project.

"There's a separate producer for RE Remake 2, who is hard at work right now. All that we can say is we hope that we'd have information to share soon. Creating the original Outbreak was a huge task for Capcom. It was a unique game with online and other elements like that," Kawata revealed in an interview with Yuga Tech (via Mobile N Apps).

"In order to make a successor to that, it would require a lot of planning from Capcom to get it right. However, we're also always listening to what fans want, so that can be the impetus for us to making a successor for that title," he added.

----------------------------------------------------

It sounds like Capcom finally got the message, that fans want another Outbreak. The official thread at Capcom-Unity alone has so many people desiring another game. The fact that it was even brought up by Kawata I thought was very interesting.

Hopefully it will happen in the next 2-3 years. Perhaps after the release of REmake 2. You never know. And if REmake 2 is a hit, we will undoubtedly get REmake 3. So, this is a good sign for RE fans!
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

I don't know how people feel about this, but I think they should first remaster the Outbreaks that already exist so people who couldn't play them online back in the day, and can't play today through Obsrv either, will finally realise how awesome these games could be and in fact how you can still have a true RE experience in a coop game. Then if those two do well it'll be the perfect opportunity to continue the series with a brand new entry.

I think these games have a lot of potential for modern online gaming, they could even add achievements and online events to make it even more interesting.
    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Agreed. The old ones are amazing, just implement mic support.

Comment

It would be sex. In terms of core gameplay they need to develop the zombie mode alittle more. There was no incentive to do anything as a zombie besides be a dick.

Comment

And it was a complete pain in the ass to hit doors to open them as a Zombie.
          Last edited by Snake Plissken; 10-26-2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
            It would be sex. In terms of core gameplay they need to develop the zombie mode alittle more. There was no incentive to do anything as a zombie besides be a dick.
            Yes, the zombie system would definitely use a revamp. Also it would be great if you could join ongoing games as a generic zombie for the sole purpose of hunting down other players, so that you don't have to feel guilty for trying to kill those who were your teammates before.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I believe there was a mode like this in RE6.
              -If a player turns into a zombie they will have a second chance to get back in by killing a living player, respawning as one of the remaining cast. There would be a limit since theres only 8 characters, not counting the potential 4 players already in that game so you would only have at MOST 4 tries to get out of zombie mode.
              -Maybe make some costumes/NPCS only be unlockable by getting player kills.
              -Some small areas only accessible while as a zombie.

Theres plenty of things they could do. Also let us button mash to grapple and bite the players.

Comment

Working...
              X