No announcement yet.

Possible Locations of the Antarctic Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well maybe it was just rainy times for rockfort island (can't really predict weather anyway) but i understand what you're saying. but i remember reading somewhere that it was in december claire was there at rockfort. i think it was chris's epilogue or somewhere where they say 3 months later he finds out his sister has been captured looking for him. so if everything happed in september around the end thanks to jill when she's typing she says september 28. 3 months after that would be ending december
    Last edited by SinValentine; 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Yeah, December, even better, thats winter solstice, well summer for them. The longest days of the year there, it should have been day in Rockford Island.

Comment

Just look at RE3. All the smoke in the air made it seem like it was night time but a majority of the game is actually during daylight hours..

Comment

yea i wondered that, she started at september 28, then when she was virused up by nemo she says october 1st so that was a few days she was in the city or she just happened to wake up by night time. i think the day sequence could be spanning from the beginning up to meeting up with nickolai then another day started from there to the clocktower, then she got knocked out some and then it continued thereon

Comment

after reading all of this, my head hurts...i'm sorry i'm not trying to be rude...it's just amazing how much thought that gets put into the game. because it could either be a ton of thought, or none at all, and people like Project Omega just love a good puzzle it's awesome, nonetheless

Comment

i thought about this on my way back home from work yesterday. you think it was possible for jill to meet up with leon and claire? since they were in racoon city for a few days... uh wait this is becoming another topic : /
              Last edited by SinValentine; 08-17-2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Leon and Claire are only in Raccoon City for a few hours during the time Jill is unconscious after her close encounter with Nemesis' Tentacle... Although it'd be nice for them to pass each other and maybe give each other a high-five or whatever, it just isn't possible chronologically unless they somehow made it out of the RPD and headed toward the Clock Tower...

Anyway, just have a quick question for any airplane buffs we might have on the forums...

Was it ever confirmed as C-130's/C-141's being the plane that took Claire and Steve to Antarctica? I got in contact with a researcher that was stationed in Antarctica for several months and states that C-130's is how they used to get supplies to some of the research sites.

C-130 :

C-130 :

C-141 :

C-141's are faster and larger than the C-130's but they are made to only land on hard runways (land or hard ice). The C-130's can be equipped with skis so they can land on a lot more soft surfaces such as snow...

Comment

I don't know if was ever stated what kind of plain they took... I don't thing they did, but it looks more like the C-130 than he C-141. The C-141 is much more big and we don't play in that big cargo space, it's more reduced, like the C-130.

EDIT: Finally found an artwork of the plain, it's the C-130 for sure. It's quite small, but i couldn't find any other.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's located in New Swabia. That would be pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Swabia

..individuals have insisted that through a legal loophole the German Third Reich still exists judicially within the former borders of New Swabia..

Comment

It's funny, just a few hours ago I was talking to Chimera and he also mentioned something about that Scream. "Schwabenland" and Operation High Jump... Seems interesting and might be a good lead to follow in hopes of getting some more information, perhaps there's a mentioning of German troops moving westward, which would place them closer to the southern latitude of 82.17 degrees than it appears from where New Swabia appeared to be?

Comment

Yeah Operation Highjump was pretty weird. Why were so many men deployed to go there in 1946?

Comment

C-130 Map Attached

New map made with two possible trajectories of the Lockheed Martin C-130's maximum flight range (albeit the source I had only listed it with some cargo in tow, which means that without the cargo, it would fly alittle longer, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue :

The range of a C-130 is with 35,000 lb (24,690 kg) is about 3,337 miles (5,370 km).

Since their max speed is 471 mph (~660 km/h) and since the distance is the product of the velocity and time, since we have the max speed and max distance, we can come up with a time frame as to how long the voyage should take (we are talking about the extremes here with no inflight refueling or onboard extra fuel).

Given d = vt , therefore t = d/v so that :

t = d/v = 2,900/410 = 7.07 hours.

We know that the voyage Claire and Steve took was long enough for them to take a quick nap, so given that the C-130 can stay in the air for atleast 7 hours, this give them plenty of time to doze off...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Project Omega; 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X