No announcement yet.

resident evil glitches/ mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its the JS key, but I thought the placement was really wierd.
    And it doesnt matter if you have Walk Through Walls on or not, nothing down at the base of the island is solid.

Comment

i know in RE2, just before you fight that massive alligator, if you read the door of the trash room, there's a typo (can't for the life of me remember what it says mind you) i think it's probably due to thngs being "lost in translation" from Japanese to English.

I think someone should start a topic for all the typo's in all the RE games .

Comment

Well in RE4, the AI is pretty glitchy. In the sewers with the Nosvistadors in the little pit bit where there is a ladder either side and two Nosvistadors [I normally snipe them but I was doing a knife run], they would get stuck running against each other at the base of the ladder and not even jump up when you neared it as they were stuck. A pain when you are doing a knife run. Jump down and you get maulled to death. :S

Thats not the only problem with them, the one that hides around the corner after this bit and is activated by either going around the corner or going into a cell, if you approach the corner, he'll either run around the wall at you or run on the floor but if you dodge his attack he'll drop to the floor if he's on the wall and stare at you for a few seconds and then run back to his start point. If you run out of the cell that activates him when he is close, he'll follow you around on the roof, drop down and attack you and then do a similar thing of just standing there (as long as you are not too close to the cell).

Another thing I noticed was the Wolfs on 2-1 near the church. Using only knife I would lure them to jump across the gaps and knife as they land, they would fall off the bridge but also hover before jumping back on.

UC is very glitchy but thankfully I only really had one glitch. It was on Rebirth 1, you battle some chimera's turn around a corner then 180 and three crimson heads are supposed to attack you but only two did, the third got stuck out of site behind a wall. I could hear him but do nothing.

Comment

I'm sure in Outbreak one on the Events, is called "Electrified Thanatos" but it's named "Electrfied Thanatos" or something similar.

Comment

HOW TO KNIFE THE ZOMBIE ELEPHANT TO DEATH

I did this with david on easy mode using the folding knife.

Run to the door leading to the elephant stage. Hopefully the elephant will come over the door. Keep trying until it does. When it does Run around him from the behind and get on the left side. Get somewhere beside him thats between his head and back side. (Make sure to not be behind him) Get his attention by attacking him. Keep attacking him he will keep trying to step on you from behind so he stays put and cant hit you. Enjoy the hours worth of knifing. Now partners wont mess it up as he will be focused on you. They can even help take him down. He moves around alot especially when you take him down a level. You can be hurt from him stepping on you during these shifts. Good thing there are some healing items behind you. But you wont be hit much. Just reposition yourself when he moves and keep knifing.

Note: A stronger knife or mele weapon would probably work better. I used the folding knife because it comes with david and he has the knife combo.

I just discovered this a few minuets ago.

Comment

I always thought the Barry line "This time I'll be there" was a glitch and was meant for later on in the game talking about RE1 original how do get Barry to give you the Bazooka on the 2F landing staircase instead of the outside balcony I've forgot how also is it possible for Forest to turn into a zombie like the DC version on the NGC remake?
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                I always thought the Barry line "This time I'll be there" was a glitch and was meant for later on in the game talking about RE1 original how do get Barry to give you the Bazooka on the 2F landing staircase instead of the outside balcony I've forgot how also is it possible for Forest to turn into a zombie like the DC version on the NGC remake?
                I always took that line as referencing the fact that Wesker had disappeared from the main hall when Jill and Barry returned from the dining room, whereas Barry would be there if Jill needed him.

If that makes sense.
                Last edited by MattJon; 01-12-2008, 08:07 AM. Reason: Can't spell

Comment

In RE3, it is possible to play as Tofu using a code device, but it causes many glitches if you try to use a gun or open a door.

Comment

i wish someone could invent a code for mercinary mode to have more than 2 nemesis chasing you and have about 3 or 4 now that would be a interesting challenge to survive

Comment

• Sorry for the bump:
                      I was playing Biohazard 2 BETA 2, and I shot the wall in the tram with a rocket launcher, where Ada gets hit by William in LeonB, the wall was bleeding, I wondered what the hell, then I get HIT by William G2's (I think) claw, I shot all of my 33 Rocket launcher bullets, and he finally fell leaving me on danger. I don't know if this works in RE2/BH2.
                      I think it happens like this:
                      Williams claw hits Ada.
                      Change bg "Tram 2" to "Tram 2B."
                      Change "Williams Hand" to "No Model."
                      If hit ignore, if too powerful change action "William BOSS"

I don't know, just an example from my mind! xD
                      He was invisible, though...But the rocket launcher pointed right at him as if Leon could see him.

I don't know if this has been posted, but meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaCarrotTeen View Post
                        In RE3, it is possible to play as Tofu using a code device, but it causes many glitches if you try to use a gun or open a door.
                        No surprise there. Tofu is, after all, the RE series' trademark place holder object.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• If you teleport from the turntable control room (the one on the wall of the turntable shaft) to the marshalling yard (the one w/o the turntable present) there's a possibility that the service lift is located on the catwalk, instead of its usual position. Board the "lift" as usual and you'll float on air, you can even walk around. This is similar to the stairway glitch in the 4th Survivor mini-game.

And while not quite a glitch, part of the safety railings (where the cable car doors are aligned with) at the sewer cable car station does not have any collision detection so you can walk on air. Ada's AI kinda goes crazy when you do this since she can't "find" you.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

Working...
                          X