Resident Evil 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic 1
    ● INSCREVA-SE: http://www.youtube.com/user/sonicevollution● SITE: http://www.sonicevollution.com/Gameplay de the Hedgehog 1 para Master System - Sky Base Zon...
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 03-31-2011, 09:00 PM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to break into the discussion, but does anybody still have that picture of the old man which was assumed to be a prototype model of Spencer?
      It's the one from Enrico Marini's avatar...

I'd love to see that picture again, but I can't seem to find it anymore...
      It was posted in a thread together with those weird "Thak you for playing" (Yes, that spelling mistake was actually part of the picture) artworks which showed Leon's infected arm model, the Hooked Man and Ashley (Was it even her? I can't remember all of the details posted in that thread) in a Santa Clause costume long time ago.
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-01-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
        It was posted in a thread together with those weird "Thak you for playing" (yes, that spelling mistake was actually part of the picture) artworks which showed Leon's infected arm model, the Hooked Man and Ashley (Was it even her? I can't remember all of the details posted in that thread) in a Santa Clause costume long time ago.
        I have to say that the Santa Clause costume rings quite a bell with me.
        Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Well, about Resident Evil 4 Beta Build n.2, the game was complete at about 40% when was interrupted. Gamefront.de talk about that in an article of November 2002

"Neue Infos zu Biohazard 4

20.11.02 - Wie Capcom in der aktuellen Famitsu Cube & Advance mitteilt, ist noch nicht entschieden, auf wie vielen DVDs Biohazard 4 ausgeliefert wird.
          Der Entwicklungsstand liegt derzeit bei 40 %. Release: TBA"

For Resident Evil 4 Beta Build n.3, we have trailer and footage gameplay and maybe full 42 rooms (from build n.2 and build n.3).

Last edited by killer7ITA; 04-01-2011, 08:19 AM.
          I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• 3.5 looked much more interesting than 1.5, in my opinion. And, unlike 1.5, the game was not scrapped because it was considered bad, but because it needed to sell.

I'm also very curious about the story of 3.5. I'm sure the final boss was Spencer and I just wonder where they originally wanted to go with RE4.

Comment

• Grem, both 1.5 and 3.5 are in the same league: they were both considered decent games but not good enough to keep the franchise going.
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• I wouldn't put 1.5 and 3.5 on the same level, honestly.

Both Kamiya and Mikami said 1.5 was bad, whereas on twitter Kamiya said that he played Shibata's version of RE4 and that he liked it. On numerous interviews, Kobayashi said 3.5 was a good RE game but was not revolutionary enough to be a commercial success. I think it's a different story between those two games.

However, ultimately you're right. The goal was the same for both. To keep the franchise going.
                Last edited by Grem; 04-01-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• I know that Mikami said a lot of crap about RE1.5 (parts of it coming from bad translations) but in the end, he said that the game was OK/good but the franchise would not have survived/fans would not have been interested in a RE#3.
                  Same was said with RE3.5, by Kobayashi.
                  I think that 1.5 was more developed than 3.5 when they decided to cancel it, but 3.5 was also (re)developed so many times before the developers found the "RE4 formula"...

And we only know about the development of those 2 games, in so much details. But RE3 was canceled for the Dreamcast and rebuild for the PS2; Code Veronica went into at least 3 different stages/betas; RE1 has been redone at least 3 times (FPS version and co-op version before the actual version); RE5 I think has been redone too - I base this last comment on the time used by Capcom to develop the game, as I didn't follow its development. I am sure that RE6 will be redone at one point either... it is not easy to be part of a world of survival horror
                  Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                    Sorry to break into the discussion, but does anybody still have that picture of the old man which was assumed to be a prototype model of Spencer?
                    It's the one from Enrico Marini's avatar...
                    Looking for this thread ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      So it was in the news archive, that's why I couldn't find it again...
                      Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
                        whereas on twitter Kamiya said that he played Shibata's version of RE4 and that he liked it.
                        I want that betas...
                        That's not right. U_U'

BTW, 1.5 and 3.5 is both important for me (3.5 build n.2 and build n.3, over everything).
                        Last edited by killer7ITA; 04-02-2011, 04:52 AM.
                        I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Waiting for it... >_>'

Comment

• Heard that ashley was supposed to be having a dog/wolf to help her and follow her in 3.5 , as some people said the idea was moved into hunting ground , they are kinda right since fiona has some looks from ashley , and she has the dog/wolf , my guess is that hunting ground/Domento is a mix of Resident Evil (3.5) and clock tower .... Why clock tower ? Because its said at the early stages of development it was going to be called clock tower 4 but somehow they thought they shall make it as a new game and they named it domento , it also has a clock tower feel , remember that all clock tower games had females as main characters , CTFF JENNIFER , CT1/2JAP JENNIFER & HELEN , CT2/GH Alyssa , CT3 Alyssa ......
                            and they are all horror and chase/slasher games , same for Hunting Ground / Domento ....
                            Also the idea of the dog/wolf wasn't completely removed from RE4 .... remember the dog/wolf that you help in the beginning ... he comes later to help you fight the EI Gigante .....
                            Last edited by Mrox2; 09-25-2011, 09:30 AM.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                              Heard that ashley was supposed to be having a dog/wolf to help her and follow her in 3.5 , as some people said the idea was moved into hunting ground , they are kinda right since fiona has some looks from ashley , and she has the dog/wolf , my guess is that hunting ground/Domento is a mix of Resident Evil (3.5) and clock tower .... Why clock tower ? Because its said at the early stages of development it was going to be called clock tower 4 but somehow they thought they shall make it as a new game and they named it domento , it also has a clock tower feel , remember that all clock tower games had females as main characters , CTFF JENNIFER , CT1/2JAP JENNIFER & HELEN , CT2/GH Alyssa , CT3 Alyssa ......
                              and they are all horror and chase/slasher games , same for Hunting Ground / Domento ....
                              Also the idea of the dog/wolf wasn't completely removed from RE4 .... remember the dog/wolf that you help in the beginning ... he comes later to help you fight the EI Gigante .....
                              Mmmm, yeah. I remember that some of the assets went into “Haunting Ground”

Look this:

Similar to Bio Hazard 4 betas.
                              Last edited by killer7ITA; 09-26-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• ^ Not some, more like a LOT (majority of the areas are barely modified 3.5 areas). Also, the mannequin hallway is incorrect, it's actually the Puppet Room in Demento, but it's had models completely swapped around and the original textures were used elsewhere. But the actual possessed dolls are found within the nursery room, Debilitas' shack.

Not to mention the concept art for Demento covers multiple beta builds of 4 (including that so-called "scrapped" zombie one, which probably ended up becoming Outbreak).

Other pieces were used in pre-rendered backgrounds for Garasu no Bara/Glass Rose which was made with Cing. You can see a lot of doors and the like from 3.5 used in this game.

Not to mention the areas in it also connect up to 5's Lost in Nightmares areas.

Also, it's called "Haunting Ground", no 's' at the end.

It is actually Clock Tower 4 and it began development in the matter of weeks after they had finished development of Clock Tower 3 (most likely also delayed due to Kinji Fukusaku passing away around about this time, but others' involved such as Neuron-Age, were tied to Biohazard 0, 4, Clock Tower 3 and Clock Tower 4 and dates for their involvement can be found even earlier than the end of the Clock Tower 3 development period). A throw back would be that you can see small photos that have 3.5 Leon and in another one, Wesker (with Birkin, it's a render from a cutscene where Wesker is on the mic about the train, but not from behind - shown from the front so we can see his and Birkin's faces completely).

I also know that the game didn't always have the 3.5 areas or models of the same standard as 4, in fact it used to have lower ones with older methods (like how DMC has textures done somewhat similar to the PS1 models or the early DC/PS2 ones such as C:V) when I found some beta textures for Fiona which match up with a particular period of the concept art.

So it seems from the dating I've gotten, that when 3.5 was scrapped that staff that were helping Production Studio 4/Clover ended up being moved over to Production Studio 1 and materials were reused and slightly modified (mainly texture changes, moving models around and so-on) but there's also the factor of music being reused.

Music in 4, Outbreak was officially released fully with the Demento soundtrack (the main hall music in RE4, Outbreak has some various songs playing quietly, Outbreak File #2 "You are Dead" theme is a quiet, shortened version of a song repeatedly used in Demento).

But there's also sfx and VA work that wasn't given much credit from Yoshiki Sandou (D.J. Sandou) - did the Outbreak SFX, Seiko Kobuchi (composer for some MegaMan games, Zero, Demento) had also ended up voicing what she referred to as "Female Zombie" despite the term was changed to "Ganado" later on but nearly all of the developers still refer to them as zombies.
                                Last edited by Enetirnel; 09-25-2011, 07:00 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X