No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So basically if I want to play 3.5, play Demento?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      So basically if I want to play 3.5, play Demento?
      No.

Resident Evil 3.5 is totally different and better.
      Last edited by killer7ITA; 09-26-2011, 02:57 AM.
      I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Originally posted by killer7ITA View Post
        No.

Resident Evil 3.5 is totally different and better.
        It's not really that far off to be honest, the basics for the mechanics are there but it's been stripped.

But the factor that there were multiple versions of the one game, some are closer to Demento than others so it's a half and half scenario when you consider some of the visual effects and the actual plot ideas that ended up in 4, 5 were ALSO essentially used in Demento.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        So basically if I want to play 3.5, play Demento?
        Demento is more or less how you would play 3.5 in a sort of Seperate Ways sense.

In that Debilitas was clearly Hookman and also had an original design of a butler that degenerated into a rotting zombie, that ended up getting torn clothing and further mutations the further the progress.

And that instead of "Leon" as we see in the 3.5 footage, the design was still closer to the Dante and Sparda/Vergil concept art.

Also, that light puzzle in 5 more or less the rehash of the original concept that you can see in the Demento concept art.

There's plenty of other things too.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
          It's not really that far off to be honest, the basics for the mechanics are there but it's been stripped.

But the factor that there were multiple versions of the one game, some are closer to Demento than others so it's a half and half scenario when you consider some of the visual effects and the actual plot ideas that ended up in 4, 5 were ALSO essentially used in Demento.

Demento is more or less how you would play 3.5 in a sort of Seperate Ways sense.

In that Debilitas was clearly Hookman and also had an original design of a butler that degenerated into a rotting zombie, that ended up getting torn clothing and further mutations the further the progress.

And that instead of "Leon" as we see in the 3.5 footage, the design was still closer to the Dante and Sparda/Vergil concept art.

Also, that light puzzle in 5 more or less the rehash of the original concept that you can see in the Demento concept art.

There's plenty of other things too.
          I'm not agree.
          Resident Evil 4 betas n.2 and n.3 was directed by Hiroshi Shibata.
          Production Studio 4 was behind Resident Evil, not behind Demento.
          The Graphic Engine for Resident Evil 4 is different from Demento.
          Resident Evil 4 gameplay is not like Demento.

Imho, Resident Evil 3.5 is totally different from Demento.
          I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

I'm not agree.
            Resident Evil 4 betas n.2 and n.3 was directed by Hiroshi Shibata.
            Production Studio 4 was behind Resident Evil, not behind Demento.
            The Graphic Engine for Resident Evil 4 is different from Demento.
            Resident Evil 4 gameplay is not like Demento.

Imho, Resident Evil 3.5 is totally different from Demento.
            If you had looked into Demento, you would have noticed something.

There were multiple outsourced staff from places such as Neuron-Age, Ufotable and the like that were involved in Biohazard 0, Clock Tower 3, Biohazard 4 and they were brought back to work on Biohazard 4 PS2, Devil May Cry 3 (with the dates they provided when I spoke with a couple of people from Neuron-Age, it seems to suggest that some of them were involved back when 4 was featuring the Dante character before DMC was made seperately).

So, that was Production Studio 4 until it was moved to Production Studio 1.

Now, if you had actually looked into Demento you would have noticed that the engine is fairly similar to DMC or especially the RE4 PS2/PC version, Outbreak as well for additional gameplay mechanics.

Not to mention, early beta textures I've found within Demento show the same sort of textures used in earlier ones, such as Devil May Cry, Code: Veronica or even the RE3, considering 3's files were bloating DMC's files too.

Now, the specific gameplay mechanics are NOT limited to the engine itself - the engine is merely a handle and considering that Capcom have the source work for it - it isn't impossible for them to modify it.

When you look into the concept art, as well as ideas you can start to see things being reused.

Remember the slow-down effect that was remaining in the trial version? There's a similar effect but it has a different visual - it has an overlay on top of it and it's used within the Panic Mode in Demento whilst it gives a huge visual slow-down effect, not that far off from a bullet-time type but the only character affected by it is the playable character as a limitation and a punishment for getting hit.

Whereas, using it as Leon was essentially bit of a reward to use his abilities to gain an easy upper hand against enemies.

So, there's a bit of reuse, although reversed to how it was to appear in 3.5.

Fiona can actually use a gun, enemies can also throw items and vice-versa. It's not that far off, aside from that the partner AI can be given more orders and is a bit more helpful but the default gameplay is essentially like the Ashley section of 4 (which also included fixed and dolly cameras, but were only in the censored Japanese and/or asian releases of the game) but with that you can do more than just crawl and try to dodge enemies.

There are more puzzles, I know there's also QTE in Demento too.

The main addition is being able to hide, whereas Ashley can crawl under a couple of things for a shortcut, this is something Alyssa does in Clock Tower 3 whereas - Fiona, Hewie can as well (on specific spots) but they can also hide and avoid enemies. Outbreak uses the exact same mechanics to hide and avoid enemies but even in Outbreak, there's penalties in it too with the virus gauge.

So, if Leon was to be infected in 3.5 and that we would see the infection continuing (somewhat as to what we saw in the final version of 4 but essentially more extreme and actually useful) then some of those effects and the like would logically make sense.

As do any possible hallucinations that may have occurred, during the Panic Mode Fiona also hallucinates, mainly by hearing voices.

Now, if there was to have been other infected characters - the concept art for Debilitas in Demento shows various stages of him as a butler whose clothes become more torn, and he begins to rot until he has a completely naked, deformed zombie look.

Not only that, but we also have what certainly looks like the possessed suits of armor that we saw in the 3.5 footage as well as in RE4 following an early concept of Fiona. Dolls among other items are possessed (such as the Mammoth) within the game itself.

There's additional concept art for Riccardo that shows what would be a Homunculus as we see them in the game, but it also matches up to how test subjects had their genitals removed, these ones are also completely bald and are deathly pale whereas in-game they have a purple-ish look.

Oh, and there's also camera angles and the like that can be triggered by accessing a debug option within particular releases of Demento that also go with the angles used in some of the 3.5 images, footage. Including that we can make the camera pan and sweep just like in the trailer without having to do anything but activate the hidden camera controls.

I would also suspect that some of the 3.5 ones with Leon were using a placeholder Leon model set in a pose - as shown in the Japanese Making of Biohazard 4.
            sigpic

Comment

• BTW, this footage, show a different game.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by killer7ITA; 09-27-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• Link is not working.

Comment

BTW, this footage, show a different game.

YouTube video:
                  Again, had you actually looked at Demento - you would have noticed that the area is reused with new textures, the doors have been moved (hallway openings have been closed) and the mirror has also been retextured into a wall ornament.

Additionally, the render rip previously shown on THIA matches up to that "Hookman" which ALSO matches up to the Debilitas concept art I previously mentioned.

BTW, enemies in Demento can also latch on to you and Debilitas can actually jump (he jumps when he retreats to his spawn point on top of his shack).

You also have to shake enemies such as ones later on in the game that crawl, failing to do that causes panic and you have to rely on Hewie to remove them once they're latched on and wailing which reveals your location.

Another one will drag you onto the floor, if you don't shake that particular enemy off you end up getting killed fairly quickly. The only difference is that it isn't prompted on screen to try and deflect the attacks, but you also have to try and dodge by kneeling, backstepping, backstepping into a rushing tackle, kick because if you get into a panic or grabbed too much, you lose stamina and end up in a panic and a one-hit kill target.

Also, the enemies in 3.5 were rumored to stalk Leon. In 4 they only have a certain distance before the AI stops (similar as to how Forest stops in REmake near hallway) whereas the AI in Demento is almost constantly spawned (they only have a couple of areas where they don't have spawn points but being in those areas, they actually sit outside and wait for you and will lure Hewie away by taunting).

Also, with how the screen turns blue for the enemy presence, the music does the same thing with Demento but also if you examine shocking objects it will also affect the screen in a similar manner minus the blue shade.

So to me, a slightly different one but not a fully different one.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                    Link is not working.
                    Now works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                      Remember the slow-down effect that was remaining in the trial version? There's a similar effect but it has a different visual - it has an overlay on top of it and it's used within the Panic Mode in Demento whilst it gives a huge visual slow-down effect, not that far off from a bullet-time type but the only character affected by it is the playable character as a limitation and a punishment for getting hit.
                      The slow-down effect is still in the retail release of the game, at least in the original Gamecube version.

JAY007 hacked these Action Replay codes for the NTSC version years ago and dubbed it "3.5 Powers":

Activate 3.5 Powers With Ashley Present On/Off (D-pad Left/Right) (Jay007)
                      RKN6-2ECT-PH4XG
                      G32R-Q32T-AB3EF
                      YZWF-8878-QFWNX
                      2CAE-DYNA-B2F0H
                      KANJ-1NNV-7ZAF8

Activate 3.5 Powers Without Ashley Present On/Off (D-pad Up/Down) (Jay007)
                      MFZP-PV48-FG309
                      NVQ7-J1JK-Z6QEM
                      YZWF-8878-QFWNX
                      A9NM-AGQZ-N1YJG
                      75M4-UHX4-MZC91

Only having the PAL version of the game and being curious about anything 3.5, I set about converting for the PAL version:

Activate 3.5 Powers With Ashley Present On/Off (D-pad Left/Right) (vixtro)
                      2QYY-95QQ-C2VJ5
                      YHZB-G1TV-2AG23
                      AFNA-YVP3-YC9ZK
                      R76D-WA8C-UHTBU
                      YUYD-9FYN-ZYV2U

Activate 3.5 Powers Without Ashley Present On/Off (D-pad Up/Down) (vixtro)
                      C8V4-5JF4-JMGZD
                      FACP-D50F-KXPJY
                      AFNA-YVP3-YC9ZK
                      JPPP-98DY-KQMP2
                      PUKB-K4UY-WDJNF

Comment

• Not gonna lie, all of this info is completely blowing my mind. I knew that there were some similarities between Haunting Ground (which I played a long time ago) and Resident Evil 4, but never took the time to look into it. Thanks for all this!

Comment

• I think P.N.0.3 dodge animations are taken from 3.5.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                              Biohazard 4 Secret DVD [NTSC-J]
                              this is just something i've been wondering about since everywhere i look everyones always carrying on about how FLAC is so much better than mp3's. is there honestly ANY difference in how it sounds (I mainly listen to music on my mp3 player and laptop) or is it just a waste of space? right now i've got 18-20gb of music on this laptop all as mp3's and if i were to convert it to flac the file size would go from 20gb of 451gb up to maybe 80gb of 451gb, seems pretty stupid to me to waste that

Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc

Resident Evil 4 Bonus Disc - from Resident Evil 4 Limited Edition Pak
                              The making of Resident Evil 4
                              - Resident Evil game footage
                              - Resident Evil 2 game footage
                              - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis game footage
                              - Resident Evil Code: Veronica game footage
                              - Resident Evil Zero game footage
                              - Resident Evil 4 game footage
                              - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes playable demo

PS2 RE4 making of dvd

Biohazard 4: Famitsu Demo Disc (J)

(PS2) Resident Evil 4 (Trial Version)

Biohazard 0 Trial Edition (J)

Biohazard Rebirth : Trial Edition

Missing these
                              Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lost...jpn-capsecret2
                              We heva to re-upload it.

Comment

• @leonsbuddydave im with you man but we need more people like us willing to do this i dont see why they would care anyway its not like there doing anything with these gamesanyway

Comment

Working...
                                X