No announcement yet.

Eliminatory 3 - Worst Resident Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil : Survivor is winning (losing?) with RE4 and Deadly Silence just behind . . .
    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 09-23-2007, 02:39 PM. Reason: Itchy. Tasty.
    sigpic

Comment

Dude, I love Deadly Silence.
      It was the first time I really played through the original game.

Comment

Dude, I love Deadly Silence.
        It was the first time I really played through the original game.
        I'm shocked and appalled at this admission (just kidding, dude)
        This poll is already becoming difficult for me as it's like being asked which of my children I like least (even though I don't have any children... that I know of)
        I voted for RE-Deadly Silence but I don't have it and have never played it. I loved the original and RE-Director's Cut but here's how I justify my vote.
        I've read about RE-Ds and I've seen plenty of screen shots but besides the very cool addition of the '1st person knife mode' I just see a graphical downgrade of a game released 10 years earlier. It hasn't really brought anything new to the table and in many ways looks to be an inferior version of an all time classic game.
        I do see the attraction of playing it and it must be cool for you and others who never really played the original but... I had to vote for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
          I'm shocked and appalled at this admission (just kidding, dude)
          This poll is already becoming difficult for me as it's like being asked which of my children I like least (even though I don't have any children... that I know of)
          I voted for RE-Deadly Silence but I don't have it and have never played it. I loved the original and RE-Director's Cut but here's how I justify my vote.
          I've read about RE-Ds and I've seen plenty of screen shots but besides the very cool addition of the '1st person knife mode' I just see a graphical downgrade of a game released 10 years earlier. It hasn't really brought anything new to the table and in many ways looks to be an inferior version of an all time classic game.
          I do see the attraction of playing it and it must be cool for you and others who never really played the original but... I had to vote for something.

It looks just like the original if not slightly better.
          plus it comes with the original version of the game without the DS additions.
          And it has a multiplayer mode.
          I played that game all the way on the trip to alaska.

I really want RE2 to be released in a similer way.
          I don't see why not since the DS pratically prints money.

EDIT: Never judge a game by it's screenshots. They always look better in motion.
          Last edited by BLSR1; 09-24-2007, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Wasn't there new bonus outfits in the DS version?
            sigpic

Comment

Dead Aim
              That game rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it was the idea of it only becoming a first-person-shooter when you went to fire your weapon. I wonder who in the hell thought of that.
              Last edited by The John Doe; 09-30-2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

That game rubbed me the wrong way. I guess it was the idea of it only becoming a first-person-shooter when you went to fire your weapon. I wonder who in the hell thought of that.
                Ummm... that's because it's a 'light gun' game. You're supposed to use a gun peripheral. I think it's also possible to play it with a standard controller but I imagine it would suck.
                IMO the control scheme in RE-Dead Aim is great. It was an incredible innovation and the game play worked really well. I like light gun games but most, I can only play for about 20mins before my arms become too damn tired from being constantly raised and pointing at the screen. But in RE-DA I can walk around exploring with the gun in my lap. The 3rd person over the shoulder perspective is nice and virtually the same as RE4 (I'm surprised more people havn't noted this). Then when an enemy appears I press aim and raise my arms (just like the on screen character in any RE game). The controls became 2nd nature to me within minutes of playing.
                Unfortunately the environments are rather bland and repetitive and the game is fairly short. But the cinematic scenes are cool and overall I found the game a lot of fun. I was disappointed that the game was received poorly by reviewers and many RE fans. I think a bigger & better sequel, using the same control scheme could have been awesome.
                You're allowed to not like the game (you wouldn't be the only one) but the reason you give dosn't make much sense. You can't play a light gun game in 3rd person.

Comment

Ummm... that's because it's a 'light gun' game. You're supposed to use a gun peripheral. I think it's also possible to play it with a standard controller but I imagine it would suck.
                  IMO the control scheme in RE-Dead Aim is great. It was an incredible innovation and the game play worked really well. I like light gun games but most, I can only play for about 20mins before my arms become too damn tired from being constantly raised and pointing at the screen. But in RE-DA I can walk around exploring with the gun in my lap. The 3rd person over the shoulder perspective is nice and virtually the same as RE4 (I'm surprised more people havn't noted this). Then when an enemy appears I press aim and raise my arms (just like the on screen character in any RE game). The controls became 2nd nature to me within minutes of playing.
                  Unfortunately the environments are rather bland and repetitive and the game is fairly short. But the cinematic scenes are cool and overall I found the game a lot of fun. I was disappointed that the game was received poorly by reviewers and many RE fans. I think a bigger & better sequel, using the same control scheme could have been awesome.
                  You're allowed to not like the game (you wouldn't be the only one) but the reason you give dosn't make much sense. You can't play a light gun game in 3rd person.
                  The only problems with Dead Aim were the zombies.
                  They were retarded. I believe one popped out of a closet going "Bla-La-ooll-le-a-la" or "boog-i-oogg-i-oo" or "blaaaaaaaaaa" They looked fairly bad too. I hate PS2 graphics.

Comment

You do raise a valid point Skunky. Though I do believe I am one of the few in this pole that voted Dead Aim. So I don’t believe I need to be quoted. Anyways. I don’t like First person shooters. The zombie, graphics, and that Morpheus (What tha hell was that?) were all problems I noticed. I just found “first-person-shooter” to be the first to one to pop in my mind when asked “the worse RE game.” Though I never played Survivor

Comment

I don’t believe I need to be quoted.
                      Okay, sorry. I'll try not to quote you in future...
                      The only problems with Dead Aim were the zombies.
                      They were retarded.
                      As opposed to those super intelligent zombies in all the other games? (the ones that go to college, study law and computer science and go on to build rockets and such) I didn't realize that you only like zombies with high IQs.
                      Even the Crimson Head Elder in RE-remake was a total dumb ass. You can just run around in circles and blast him until he drops (dead again). Other zombies in that game are just standing there, staring at the wall! (thinking deep and intelligent thoughts, no doubt). But I absolutely love RE-remake.
                      I hate PS2 graphics.
                      Among the thousands of games in the ps2 library there are plenty of crappy looking ones. But there are also lots of great looking games with very tasty graphics. I know you hate the ps2 and Sony so it's pointless to argue with you about it. Like a racist or a religious fundamentalist, I wont be able to reason with you.
                      Let's just enjoy RE in whatever format we are playing it on

Comment

As opposed to those super intelligent zombies in all the other games? (the ones that go to college, study law and computer science and go on to build rockets and such) I didn't realize that you only like zombies with high IQs.
                        Even the Crimson Head Elder in RE-remake was a total dumb ass. You can just run around in circles and blast him until he drops (dead again). Other zombies in that game are just standing there, staring at the wall! (thinking deep and intelligent thoughts, no doubt). But I absolutely love RE-remake.
                        No they looked and made R-tard sounds. Did you not read the post?
                        Among the thousands of games in the ps2 library there are plenty of crappy looking ones. But there are also lots of great looking games with very tasty graphics. I know you hate the ps2 and Sony so it's pointless to argue with you about it. Like a racist or a religious fundamentalist, I wont be able to reason with you.
                        Let's just enjoy RE in whatever format we are playing it on
                        I like the PS2. But prefer the X-Box and GC graphics. My PS2 is my DVD player and for awhile my main game system. But the Wii replaced it.

Comment

Yeah, I did read your post but then I got a bit carried away, amusing myself with thoughts of intelligent zombies
                          Remember 'Bob' in Day of the Dead? "We can TEACH them not to eat us"...
                          I guess the zombies in RE-DA do make retarded sounds. I find shooting them in the face with a shotgun is the best way to shut them up.
                          My humble apologies for the false accusation. It's just I've read a few posts you've made saying only negative things about the ps2 & ps3 and I assumed you were part of the 'anti-Sony' brigade (a breed I don't really understand).
                          I think there are some great games on pretty much all systems.

Comment

No Eliminatory 4?!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X