No announcement yet.

Biohazard 2 - Beta 1: Anyone have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name beta 2 originated from Survivhor I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). Beta 1 kind of referred to any version before beta 2, like the movies of the machine gun and the licker with the cop's head. So when there was talk of an earlier version of RE2 out there, it naturally became known as beta 1, even though in truth theres probably like ten different beta 1 versions, most of them never to be seen I guess.

At least that's what I think happened!

Comment

That sounds plausible... But if say, people woke up to the fact that a RE2 beta was out there, then later recieved beta 2, why would they call it that and not beta 1? If we recieved a new beta, would we call it beta 2, and move the current 2 up to 3? No, we wouldn't. It would either be a definite 1 or 3. I think there's a bit of mystery here...

Comment

RE2 beta history ^^

In 1997-98, Tyrant, webmaster of Evil Online showed a few screenshots of the beta version 2 of RE2, made with the Bleem emulator. In that time, this beta was just called "the RE2 beta".
        I don't know where he found his beta.

In 1998-99, Evilude (in charge of the french version of Biohazard Extreme) contacted me. He wanted to send me the same beta, which he bought on an Italian beach with a lot of other videogames (pirate versions).

Either Rammy or Evilude made copies for other people and slowly, this beta started to spread on Internet, trough P2P servers. People started to talk about an other version of this beta, where Claire was supposed to be playable.
        To make it easier for people to understand which beta they were talking about, someone used the words "RE2 beta version 1" and "RE2 beta version 2" - I don't know whom.

Almost at the same time, Ozon from The Right Game showed the first screenshots of the beta version 1 (I think from his co-webmaster Matt).

The words "RE2 beta version 1" and "RE2 beta version 2" were used because there was only one beta of RE2 available for the fans.

Then, around 1999 I saw a TV show on a french computer and videogames channel called "C:" showing the infamous zombie head falling from the ceiling. I recorded it on videotape and took screenshots of it which I gave to The Rotting Web's webmaster (these pictures are still online on various sites. Someone even made an animated gif of it)... and erased the videotape! Argh.
        C: was replaced later by an other TV channel, only about videogames, called Game One. I'd asked one of the journalist to retrieve this show(wich they stored somewhere). He agreed to do it but never did

Some fans started to say that this zombie head falling from the ceiling was part of beta version 1 but I disagree. I think it is from a far older beta.

Sorry for the long past and I hope everything is now clear
        Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Well, that's... uh... complex ( ), but it clears everything up. Thanks!

Comment

yea I have to Resident Evil 2 trial version, and I have a Demo disc which shows a clip of Resident Evil 2 non playable, I should record this
            Last edited by Stars_g36; 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM.

Comment

That would be your recent topic, right?

Comment

Thanks Wesker for clearing that up. Btw I think Survivhor had the best RE beta coverage of any site, it really set the foundations for the whole beta scene, so thanks for that.

Comment

Well, thanks Scream
                  I always felt sorry that there is no other website like SurvivHor in an other language. Dot and Inflames are the closest thing and that's why I hang in their websites ^^
                  Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Where I can find this beta 1?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      Is that one of the betas? I downloaded that years ago from Torrentspy.com.
                      Don't have it anymore but I remember the black screen interface with Leon/etc on it, but the ISO'd only let you play as Leon.
                      Those were claimed as "beta1" images but from what i recall were later found out to be fakes. BH2BETA1 is probably more rare then 1.5 itself at this point anyways. I don't really see us getting our hands on this but hey, i could be wrong, i also never thought we would get biohazard 1 alphas/betas and they popped up.... Even though that was a once in a life time chance.... the chance is still there.
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

oh no , I want that, because I saw in some videos a version of RE2 that Claire uses a machine gun from 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post

Some fans started to say that this zombie head falling from the ceiling was part of beta version 1 but I disagree. I think it is from a far older beta.
                          I've always felt this way as well.... It seems like the community only believes the beta's we have access to/footage of are the only beta's for these games.... when in reality there are most likely a ton other builds for 1.5, "beta 1" and so on.

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                          I just realised one thing: if it's called beta 2, where's it's predecessor? Why would someone call it the second, when the first doesn't exist?
                          Beta 1 has known to exist for a while now.... Though we really have no information on it or even footage/pictures. It's a mystery where it is, if its even in the wild and if we'll ever get our hands on it.... but it's definitively 100 percent real. I believe that if we ever did get our hands on the so called "beta1" it would just be a mess, kind of like a surgery gone wrong.... with modern re2 stuff mixed with some 1.5 stuff. It seems to me that any footage we have of beta1 is just a mashed up, quickly put together so they could get something out for the fans/press after they had canned 1.5.... hence why there is a ton of 1.5 footage in pretty much all beta 1 footage.

Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                          oh no , I want that, because I saw in some videos a version of RE2 that Claire uses a machine gun from 1.5
                          That would be "beta1" ..... for all we know the so called "beta3" could actual be beta1. Claire seems to be in both and it just doesn't make sense to me why they would have Claire playable in beta 1 then take her out and only make Leon playable in beta2? i think the community has the beta time line mixed up.

Comment

Claire was playable in beta 1 because at that point both characters were still playable on one disc. By the time of the leaked beta 2 (or beta 3 as it should now appropriately be called), the two characters were separated on to their own individual disc which is why you only see Leon on the one beta and Claire on the other.

Comment

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...l=1#post238422
                              sigpic

Comment

Wondering why I've never seen this thread, thanks for the link, kind of what i was getting at.

Comment

Working...
                                X