UC "S" Rank HARD Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC "S" Rank HARD Tips

This is for anyone trying to go for the infinite ammo run. Getting all S ranks on Hard.

Offering up any tips and help for any chapter, strategies, type of starting weapons to take in for a specific chapter, etc., etc.

Well, to my own amazement, I've gotten through the first, I guess it is the first 18 Chapters. Amazing what you can do once you put your mind to it.

Everything from the beginning to the start to 'Umbrella's End 1'....now, thats where I'm stuck. First, I play on Easy, and collect ALL files, an automatic "S" rank for that catagory, once you begin your S rank game on Hard, no need to worry about that any longer. Then, put it on Hard and go for it.

Have 3/4 of Umbrella's End 1 files, been over and over for this chapter, even the alternate paths. Can't seem to find this last file. If anyone knows of a really difficult to get file, please reveal its location, etc.

As said, will help in any way on any of the previous chapters in any way, what to collect, weapon choices, etc.

This are the locations of the Umbrella's End 1 files:

1. After killing some zombies and going up the stairs. Dogs appear, shoot the small light above them for a file.
    2. When the game gives you a choice whether to secure the stairs or go below. Go below, when you come to a pile of boxes with a green herb, break open the boxes for a file, your character stares at the boxes for quite a while. Can't miss it.
    3. When you are walking towards the stairs to the exit, quickly shoot the boxes in the little space on the left. They contain a file.
    4. When Jill and Chris move because of becoming surrounded. Shoot the two large wooden boxes. One of them contains a file.

You'll gets this files:

* Umbrella Russian Branch Notes
    * Umbrella Raccoon City Judgement
    * Talos Project Proposal
    * Eradication Operation Notes
    Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 12-09-2007, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Are they in the exact locations as marked on the map in the official guide? If so, I 'should' have 1., 2., & 3. that you listed.

Number 4. could be the missing one, this is the area where they first fight a group of zombies in front of them, then 2 Hunters jump down, then another group of zombies behind them, then turn where a fair number of Hunters come at you from a distance, then another group of zombies appear, which is when they say to make a run for it, right? ...just want to get the location correct. ..if this is it, lot of boxes in this area, on the left or right?

Gonna try shooting that light again too, where the 1st one appears, just to make certain I have that one. A bit iffy there, though think I should have it.

Comment

I know it's a bit off-topic, but is UC fun?

Comment

Hey Ridley, thanks for the help, it ended up being the first one with the dogs. I was a bit surprsied, sure I had that one, though, thought it was just around that corner where there's a gun pickup and the meeting with the first Hunter. Just whipped a grenade when the dogs appeared, and there it was flashing, least tried that before going through the entire chapter to where the last file is found, and which was the one I thought I didn't have.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but is UC fun?
          Speaking for myself, at first, not at all, but then I've never really played shooters, and found it to be difficult, just not used to that style of gameplay.

I see now to be good at them, you basically need to have the entire game memorized, each room, what enemies are in it, which one you target first, with what weapon, when to change weapons, etc. ..almost a complete pattern from start to finish.

The only thing I'm still not very good at are the critical hits, and those you can't just simply blow everything away. It takes work, in my case anyways. I'd say I'm now, not bad, also not good, but just average on the criticals.

Speaking of critical hits, that Umbrella's End 1 chapter has the 2nd highest critical hits needed out of the 22 chapters. I didn't know if this would work or not, but chose the Magnum Revolver(L4) as my starting weapon, which will take a zombie's head off with 1 shot(don't use the Magnum AT, take's 2 shots on Hard), but didn't know if they would count those as crits or not. I think they do, ended up with 46, still far short of the 58 needed for the S rank for that catagory, the Magnum Revolver has 36 rounds if you max it out, which I did before the game. Can't say I hit with all 36, but the majority, and then did around another 10-15 with the handgun, but mostly blew away groups of zombies with the red barrels, hoping that the Magnum shots counted. Which saved on the Time catagory, had 2 "A"s, one being the criticals and Objects(2 short), but still got the S rank overall.
          Last edited by Evil_Rob; 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Ya know what makes Hard easier and the game loads more fun? Foregoing the Nunchuk and playin' with a Wiimote in each hand.
            Cutscene dodges suck, tho. XD

Comment

All S ranks on hard?!
              I think I'm a while off being able to achieve that!
              I've been playing it for the last few days and been enjoying it for the most part. But I just had some trouble with 'Dark Legacy 1'. Those twin Ivans are a real pain! I had a few goes but didn't come close to beating them. I think I'll have to replay other levels and upgrade my weapons or something. Any tips for beating them?

Comment

Use the sub machine gun when they are firing missiles. (1 shot destrys the missile so you save ammo)
                Use an upgraded magnum when they run at you in the 2nd room
                Use a Shotgun when they jump at you.

Those are the best ways to dodge their attacks.

Comment

Okay, cool.
                  I'll be making those Ivan twins a 'magnum sandwich' next week, when I've got time to play it again. I was lobbing grenades at their feet and blasting them with a shotgun but it wasn't enough.
                  It certainly makes it fun and interesting, the different strategies you can use depending on what weapons you choose. I was struggling with that Talos dude until I went in with the MRL, saved it for his 2nd form, then blew huge chunks from his life bar to get me a head start

Comment

Working...
                  X