No announcement yet.

Anyone got that Resident Evil Fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I've had one since 1997, another since 2003 or so and my white Japanese Saturn for only a few months got it off eBay used in its original box! Don't listen to what people say about it being a crappy console it really isn't!
    Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 12-19-2007, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
      Yea I've had one since 1997, another since 2003 or so and my white Japanese Saturn for only a few months got it off eBay used in its original box! Don't listen to what people say about it being a crappy console it really isn't!
      My Saturn is Japanese, and white too Are the special or something?
      Found a new battery. Fixed it perfectly. Thanks for the tips guys.
      Playing biohazard on it now. It's hard to find the motivation, but I'll do it and post some impressions I guess

In reply to the actual topic (this thread has gone a bit wayward), I just CAN NOT get enough of RE3 Mercenaries, with Nicholai. Current best is nearly 5 survivors and taking down Nemesis type-2, but then a hunter took my head off in one swipe in the third to last room! So, I have to try that again. I can get 4 survivors without Nemesis-2 very comfortably. Does anyone else play mercs heaps? IMO it's much more fun than RE3's main game.
      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 12-20-2007, 07:46 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

No problem glad I could help! Nah there isn't really anything special about it besides it having a better looking logo and startup screen And finally back on topic. I get the RE fever a lot not all the time. But I just completed Leon's A scenario the other night for the first time in like 4 years Oh and The Mercenaries mod ein RE3 rocks! It sucks fighting two Nemesis's though lol
        Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 12-20-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I beat claire A Nightmare mode yesturday today im gonna beat leon B on nightmare mode

Comment

Wow I recently unlocked Nightmare mode but haven't gave it a shot yet. Is it pretty hard? I heard it takes like 10 or so shots to take down a zombie

Comment

In reply to the actual topic (this thread has gone a bit wayward), I just CAN NOT get enough of RE3 Mercenaries, with Nicholai. Current best is nearly 5 survivors and taking down Nemesis type-2, but then a hunter took my head off in one swipe in the third to last room! So, I have to try that again. I can get 4 survivors without Nemesis-2 very comfortably. Does anyone else play mercs heaps? IMO it's much more fun than RE3's main game.
              Yep, I love 'Operation Mad Jackal'. It's heaps of fun and very addictive!
              Getting killed near the end when you're kicking ass is one of it's cruel charms.
              It's a nice length for a quick play, then having a drink or a smoke before another go. I find also, I have to do everything just right from the start and if I don't, I already know I wont be breaking any records. It's great that you pause to enter the inventory, I find that's good thinking time...
              What version do you play, SelfishGene? A few months ago I was playing it a lot on the Gamecube but strangely, I still havn't been able to beat my best scores that I set on the ps1 version, many years ago...

Comment

Wow I recently unlocked Nightmare mode but haven't gave it a shot yet. Is it pretty hard? I heard it takes like 10 or so shots to take down a zombie
                Try 20-25. They don't fall over either. It's punishingly difficult. Especially with Claire. Leon is a breeze compared to Claire's missions.

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                Yep, I love 'Operation Mad Jackal'. It's heaps of fun and very addictive!
                Getting killed near the end when you're kicking ass is one of it's cruel charms.
                It's a nice length for a quick play, then having a drink or a smoke before another go. I find also, I have to do everything just right from the start and if I don't, I already know I wont be breaking any records. It's great that you pause to enter the inventory, I find that's good thinking time...
                What version do you play, SelfishGene? A few months ago I was playing it a lot on the Gamecube but strangely, I still havn't been able to beat my best scores that I set on the ps1 version, many years ago...
                Yeah, if I mess up the first few rooms (esp the alley with the fat zombie), it throws my psyche and I can't have a good run. Used to play on PAL-PSX, which I think runs a bit slower than the NTSC. I'm now playing on a JP dreamcast. Very fun. Sometimes if I have a bad run early, I go and shank all the zombies out the front of the newspaper office, just for fun. Let out some steam. When I used to play I never really took to it. It was fun, but I didn't like it no where near as much as I do now. But now I've temporarily moved to Japan, and all I have is a DC with Bio2,3 and CV, and a Saturn with Biohazard, and a handful of other games, (and a DS, which I don't play much), mercenaries is my main game. And is 'Operation: Mad Jackal' not the coolest sounding name ever? I was so disappointed when I played Mercenaries in RE4. Just like the main game - Shoot as much as you can in the face. (Double-chainsaw guy with Hunk needed a bit of strategy and skill I'll agree).
                Mad Jackal has, in my opinion, a perfect mix of strategy, risk vs reward (is saving Brad worth the time and the 60 handgun bullets?), and all round difficulty to keep you coming back for more.

Today I got 5 survivors with Nicholai. Haven't tried to get Marvin yet, but I think I can do it. The order I have to do them is Dario, Brad, Woman, Carlos, Mikhail. I think I can fit in Marvin after the woman. Will have to try this weekend.
                sigpic

Comment

Nightmare Mode is awesome, takes forever to kill a zombie with the handgun, if it is even possible.

Playing as Leon is hard at first but once you the shotgun it gets slightly easier, because you can just blow the zombie's heads off, by aiming up. (I'm sure already know.)

Playing as Claire is a lot harder, because even with the grenade launcher, it doesn't seem to affect the zombie's much, even if you aim up or down, it still have much effect on them.

I only managed to get so far before my Dreamcast died on me.

Really want to try it again, still looking for a Dreamcast.
                  Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

It is hard espically since theres no auto aim in nightmare mode so you gotta aim fast. the enemies do somewat more damage to you and have alot more defense. The handguns however could take out a zombies head randomly so you might just have to shoot a zombie or dog once to get that lucky shot but if not you'll have to shoot a zombie over 30 times to kill it

Comment

Working...
                    X