Mikami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikami

Was thinking about something with Mikami recently. How famous is he actually? In Japan. Is he signing autographs on the street or does he even have bodyguards?

I actually wonder this about alot of Developers, would people recognise them on the street etc if they weren't the well established ones like Miyamoto, Kojima etc.

Comment

I don't think so. I don't think I remember any developer's faces. But being a popular-game developer would probably give me the sense I'm famous.

Comment

Nope. Very few game developers are real celebrities there. Miyamoto and Sakaguchi are, and so was Yu Suzuki ()but the likes of Kojima, Mikami, and Inafune aren't.

Inafune joked back in 2002 that he enjoyed that so he can check out the "dirty books" at mag stands.

Comment

Inafune isn't?!!?!?!? He's like the God of Capcom.

Comment

I've never heard of Inafune. Shows how famous he is.

Comment

Don't be a dick. Inafune is the creator of Mega Man. Mega Man is the MASCOT and symbol of Capcom. Hence, Inafune = Capcom.

Comment

Seriously, I have never heard of Inafune. I thought Mikami was the head of Capcom! I know of MegaMan however, even though I have never played the games.

Comment

He is he head of Capcom but he isn't the God or legend of Capcom. Maybe I am overstating Megaman's importance but......Capcom praises Megaman very highly, so much so to make him their mascot. I definately don't care for the Megaman series as much as Biohazard but I have a friend who is obsessed with Megaman.

Comment

BH even had a beta reference to MegaMan. Chris' special beta costume had a picture of MegaMan on the back of his shirt.

Comment

I would recognise Mikami, even his voice. Personally i think Mikami is the greatest employee in capcom.

Comment

Why? Is he cute?

Comment

I've never heard of Inafune. Shows how famous he is.
                          Men you are a RE fan and you dont know him...

wikiwiki

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                          BH even had a beta reference to MegaMan. Chris' special beta costume had a picture of MegaMan on the back of his shirt.
                          Also in Megaman Legend if you speak to a girl from the town she says that she want make cool video games like Resident evil and in Megaman legend 2 you can buy on the item shop the Resident evil 27 like a gift for Roll.

Comment

Sounds cool, all over! I'm suprised I've never heard of him!
                            Last edited by Helegad; 12-16-2007, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I thought Street Fighter would be the biggest Capcom IP. But I really don't know, just guessing from what I percieve to be popular with others.

I don;t think the devs would be signing autographs or anything
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X