Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First thread - Giving back to this community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thread - Giving back to this community?

Hello everyone. I've been a long-time lurker here, gathering info, looking at pictures etc. and decided that I should register and try and give back a little bit to the community. What I'm showing here is an extremely early prototype of a mod I'm working on for Half-Life 1.

Essentially, this is a single-player expansion to the recently released "Resident Evil: Cold Blood - Beta 2" (dunno if any of you have played it). The mod is going to be kept "secret" (or at least out of public view) until it's basically ready for release. I'm showing THIA this, because, well... I've been around here for a while, looking at info and download interesting stuff (mainly MarkGrass' stuff, really respect him). Anyway, here it is:

RE:CB Delta Anomaly Test Footage

Of course, a lot of this is WIP stuff and 99% of the assets (Barry, who won't be the main character, the zombies etc) are placeholders until Enix models the final content and Darktooth animates them, so bear with the crappy animations and such!

I'll probably post small updates every now and then to ask your opinion on certain things, and whether or not you think feature X or asset Y works.

PS: All of this footage is "raw". No sound effects, video or anything else has been added. It is all ingame. And yes, that is the Resident Evil 2 font. =P
    Last edited by Minuit; 01-14-2008, 05:10 AM. Reason: Forgot something >_>

Hey thats sounds and looks really interesting keep up the great work ;)

Comment

Thanks very much Zomby.

Working prototype inventory system (no visuals yet): https://www.half-lifecreations.com/M...ory_system.rar

Well, no visuals except for debug info:

Comment

ya doing an excellent job Minuit, I myself will probs also upload a beta build of my 1.5 xp project after it has been completed a bit more, if I could give anything more for this community I would but unfortuantly rare betas and what not I do not have lol >.<

Comment

Looking very good.

Comment

Yeah, that's very nice. Keep at it! Easily the best fan made mod thing I've seen for a while.

Who is the main character then?
            Last edited by MattJon; 01-14-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

The main character, without giving too much away, is a Canadian hunter (the human kind) in an isolated coastal town/village in Nunavut. No S.T.A.R.S or RPD this time round, sorry!

Comment

good luck
                Ive played RE:CB beta and am about to get Beta 2

Comment

nice! looks so awesome!

Comment

I went to play RE:CB on my steam account, but it says my password is invalid... Man I even wrote down my password and it isn't accepting it.... I had around 10 fully paid for games on there and Valves support is crap...

Back on topic though, looks great..

Comment

ok I finally found what I was looking for so without further or do I will present the community with my scrapped prototypes: (run through firefox to see images) i'm gonna document them all and then release them can anyone recommend a free uploader?

Comment

Working...
                      X