Regarding the UC video clips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the UC video clips.

First and foremost, if this is the wrong forum then feel free to move at your discretion. While I am most appreciative of the videos being made available to me, I've run into a problem regarding the file type. You see, I was hoping to use segments from the clips in a video, but unfortunately neither Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas are registering the downloaded files as videos. When I open them in Winamp, all I get is the audio with no video. I've downloaded a number of codecs, but none of them have had any success at rectifying the dilemma.

Is there something I'm missing, or has my newfound disdain for MPEG-4 been deserving?
    See you in hell.

Use Avidemux.
    Although it won't load the audio.. You need to demux it, using mkvtoolnix or something & convert it to another format.

Comment

Wanna hear my solution? There are all sorts of people who do speed runs and post them on YouTube. Just go to http://www.zamzar.com/url
      and paste the URL of the video that you want into the correct box. In a few hours, they send you a link to a download via email. You can even choose the format you want it in. Of course, because of pathetic YouTube quality and the amount of encoding it goes through to get there, its not the most beautiful quality, but I don't care about that kind of thing, so...

Comment

Thank you, I'll have to check out that problem. Failing that, it's time to hit the YouTubes.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Paul was asking me this last night. Windows Movie Maker has no support for h264 while Vegas should if you do some googling. Otherwise, use SUPER to convert it to a high bitrate mpeg2 which any video editing program can recognize.

Comment

Working...
          X