Concerning 4D Executer "amusment rides"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning 4D Executer "amusment rides"

Has anyone here actually been to one of these? I know we have a few members in Japan, and I'm planning on doing a feature on the film. It would be lovely to have any impressions and or pictures from your visit.

I saw a gimped version of it in Osaka. It was still running in a 2-seater little booth at the plaza near the Osaka Aquarium (July 2007). It's about 8 minutes long, and cost 500yen for 1-2 people. I took some photos of the booth, it's covered in old posters, which I was tempted to er... 'souveneir'.

The seats have the vibration, and there is the air blowing, which also makes the 'cracking' noise.
    The screen had a terrible burn-in, from the idle screen, and the warnings it gives. I'm pretty sure it was a projection, but was quite enjoyable, even to say I've ridden it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	exec1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	397239

Name:	Exec2.jpg
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	397240

Name:	exec3.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	397241

Name:	exec4.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	397242

Name:	exec5.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	397243
    Please let me know if you'd like larger versions of the pics (they are the only ones I took unfortunately). I had to shrink them because of the attachment limits.

*EDIT*
    I also went to the latest Biohazard attraction at FujiQ theme park over Christmas. I couldn't take many pictures of anything inside, but I have a few of the outside if you'd like those. Nothing to do with the 4D executor, but it's another BH attraction, so if that's the theme of the feature, then I can share those.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-09-2008, 06:04 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Here's some more pics. I can't remember where I got them from but they've been on my HDD for years.

btw S-gene, bring on the FujiQ theme park pics! You always have interesting stuff to share.
      Attached Files

Comment

Was the movie ever released on an regular DVD ?

Comment

If you mean Executer then yes it was released on dvd. It doesnt seem easy to acquire it though. Possibly was it some give-away or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post
            Was the movie ever released on an regular DVD ?
            No.
            Not at least as far as I am aware of.

The DVD that has been "available" is a bootleg that was sold on Ebay by none other than one of our most recent forum members.

I'm not sure what the background of that DVD is, though.

About the ride itself, I've never seen one with my own eyes but I've seen similar units and I've read up on some of them. And if I've understood things right, the hardware inside it that plays the movie is a DVD player and the movie itself IS stored on a DVD.

However, the DVD that has been floating around seems to be from a VHS source of some sort.
            (Maybe a DVD -> VHS -> DVD transfer?).

Maybe the person mentioned before could reveal himself and possibly shed some light on this?
            (As some of the staff here at THIA has some of the top notch digital transfer equipment for analog video sources that can be bought within a reasonable price)
            Last edited by Carnivol; 03-10-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Rebirth told me that his friend in Japan who acquires stuff for him found a bootleg DVD of it, and send it off to him. He then made copies and sold them on ebay, or at least, that's how my broken memory recalls it. Though if he does have the VHS or has access to it, I'd still like to buy it off him to attempt to make a better copy. Maybe he can chime in since he's here now

Gene, Check your PM's
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                However, the DVD that has been floating around seems to be from a VHS source of some sort.
                (Maybe a DVD -> VHS -> DVD transfer?).
                ohh!! so that's why the low quality!! i wondered why it looked like that!!!

i didn't like 4D that much!!! it was a little weird; but i it will be great adding it to the movies section!!

Comment

Some more pictures: http://rethaimania.awardspace.com/Bio4d10.htm

Comment

well this ride sure beats Star Tours in disney land
                    Do you think they could turn this ride, somehow into a mini game that could come out onto the ps2.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
                      well this ride sure beats Star Tours in disney land
                      Do you think they could turn this ride, somehow into a mini game that could come out onto the ps2.
                      No. Never.

Comment

After watching 4D, it's is getting me ready for the new Resident Evil Degeneration movie comming soon
                        Last edited by Stars_g36; 03-13-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                          No. Never.

Comment

Working...
                          X