Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Resident Evil series

Greetings

I have recently become interested in the Resident Evil series (the movies as well as the games), and I just wanted to know; What games are essential to the storyline? I mean should i just go with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (I know) if i want the main story?

Please tell me your opinion about this, and also which one is the best game .

Oh, and I have a PS2, a PC and soon (within two months) a 360.

0 and Code Veronica too, but you said you don't have a Gamecube (so no 0 or remake).

The Outbreak games aren't really important to the story, but are a nice little diversion.

Resident evil 2 is my favorite in the series.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
      0 and Code Veronica too, but you said you don't have a Gamecube (so no 0 or remake).

The Outbreak games aren't really important to the story, but are a nice little diversion.

Resident evil 2 is my favorite in the series.
      One of my friends has a gamecube, I can probably get to borrow it somehow, so i should get RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3 and RE4 on the gamecube?

Comment

Yeah, if you really want to take a look at all the storyline with minimal fuss a GameCube is a must. If you have or are thinking fo getting a Wii that'll work too...otherwise GameCubes are pretty cheap nowadays. You can get RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3, RE: CV and RE4 on a GameCube, so that's the core games. With a PS2 and a PC you can manage everything bar RE0, which is still only the GameCube (and soon to be the Wii). Most likely you can live without 0, but it does explain a few things. Umbrella Chronicles is a decent Cliff's Notes version of events, but misses out RE4, RE2 and RE:CV.

Also...my advice is to ignore as much from the movies as you can. For a start they're nothing more than massively paid for but badly written, thought out and executed Mary Sue Fanfiction. The actual games storyline, while chock full of loopholes and mistakes, is a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Yeah, if you really want to take a look at all the storyline with minimal fuss a GameCube is a must. If you have or are thinking fo getting a Wii that'll work too...otherwise GameCubes are pretty cheap nowadays. You can get RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3, RE: CV and RE4 on a GameCube, so that's the core games. With a PS2 and a PC you can manage everything bar RE0, which is still only the GameCube (and soon to be the Wii). Most likely you can live without 0, but it does explain a few things. Umbrella Chronicles is a decent Cliff's Notes version of events, but misses out RE4, RE2 and RE:CV.

Also...my advice is to ignore as much from the movies as you can. For a start they're nothing more than massively paid for but badly written, thought out and executed Mary Sue Fanfiction. The actual games storyline, while chock full of loopholes and mistakes, is a hell of a lot better.
          Thanks alot ^^, I will force my friend to borrow me his gamecube, and then ill probably find the games cheap somewhere xD. But, should i play them in the order that you put up? Like RE0, Remake, etc?

I just want to be sure

Comment

I dunno. You certainly could although you'll have a massive drop on graphics once you hit two and three. I suppose it depends...do you wanna play 0 first or after RE:CV? It's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vutnock View Post
              should i play them in the order that you put up? Like RE0, Remake, etc?
              I just want to be sure
              mm i would say, yes play RE games in this order:

RE0
              REmake
              RE2
              RE3
              RE: Code Veronica
              RE: Umbrella Chronicles (if you like and can; cause, like Darkmoon said, is just a summary of the "main story" with some new plots but it's up to you)
              RE:4

Also, don't get confused by the endings, cause some RE games have alternate endings depending on the path and dessicions you take.
              and, the Outbreak series are good, they are amusing.

About the movies, i think they are awesome, but none of the things that happens on the movies happens on the videogames, so think of it like separate realitys, or parallel universes, hahaha

i hope i helped!!!
              Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-29-2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot everyone, now I know what I want to do ;). Also, I rented two of the movies down by my local BlockBuster, I think they are great, but if the games are the same quality, I might get disapointed.
                Last edited by Vutnock; 03-29-2008, 07:05 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

i'd say play 1 as ur first game, either ps1 or remake its up to you and what you can get. Then go onto 2,3,c.v. After that play 0 and U.C
                  If you like it after 2 and 3 still, get outbreak to get the same feel but a diffrent storyline. When you play 2 i'd say you play as Leon (Disc1) before you play as claire, for your first time, just to make more sense.
                  One last thing r.e 3, run from the nemesis ;)

Comment

All are important to the story, I'd say. They all add a bit of storyline.

Comment

Working...
                    X