The Graveyard Of RE1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Graveyard Of RE1?

I was just watching an FMV from RE1 today ("the Hunter is coming" one), and I noticed something(s) peculiar. Take a look.

Pic 1: You can see a hedge on the left. I don't think that was there in the final.
    Pic 2: There's a little squeezy passage between the outer wall of the garden, and the white wall of the garden shed's passage.
    Pic 3: You can see that at the end of the passage, it opens up into a grassy area with a tree. The graveyard, perhaps? I thought at first it was an outlook because you can see the ground cuts-off just beyond the tree, maybe a cliff-face?
    Pic 4: There wasn't a door out to the garden.

Okay, if by any chance at all the graveyard still exists, maybe someone can turn on a walk-through-walls code and go through the wall that the green and red herbs are sitting against when you go through the door into the garden. I'd like to know why there was that extra passage between the outer wall of the garden and the white wall of the garden shed's passage, though.
    Attached Files

I think Mark Grass already tried doing it before iirc. Nothing loaded except for the music. :/
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Yeah, I tried. I made a "Walk Through Walls" code for both the final and trial versions of BioHazard a long while back.

I walked through the "shed"(?) doors (in the room with the Crank). The result was: You can hear the character's footsteps past what you can normally view, however there is nothing there (pressing the action button repeatedly did nothing). This basically means that there *may* be some left over 3D data (from the Bio-Beta with Yawn in the shed), but in its current form it's really nothing more than junk data.

I also tried it outside the mansion (where the Hunter FMV stills depict), nothing.

Sadly, the graveyard of BioHazard in it's PSone form simply doesn't exist.

I'd like to know why there was that extra passage between the outer wall of the garden and the white wall of the garden shed's passage, though.
      It's most likely that was the passage to the graveyard (similar to the GCN version, except it was accessed by a door in the shed). The main probable reason that passage still exists in the FMV is simply because the developers didn't notice or simply didn't care/have the time to fix it.

And of course, there's the theory that they didn't think that BioHazard would be a "big" as it is today, and they really didn't expect people to check out every single byte of BioHazard games, much like I have done over the past few years, which goes back to "the developers didn't notice or simply didn't care/have the time to fix it".

Whew.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

So wouldn't that mean that there is still a boundary field beyond the doors, but the backgrounds simply do not exist? If so, couldn't we map out the layout of this area? In the FMV, the shed seems to link directly into the forest without any doors blocking the way. Maybe there wasn't a loading sequence between the shed and the forest path? :/
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

Good point, BH Star. Does anyone have any tools that could confirm this for us?

Comment

I could get my bro to look into it with his DEV PSX. Maybe he can find something.

Comment

My guess is even if the path leading to the "forest/graveyard/2nd guardhouse" area still existed in boundaries present in that room that can only be accessed with walk-through-wall codes, it won't be very large. I would think it far more likely that from that spot, you'd walk a little ways and be greeted by a gate or two that would load to the next path/paths areas that led to the respective areas. So without the extra room files present, I'd bet at best you'd only be able to scout out a very small area that won't be anything spectacular.
              sigpic

Comment

very interesting stuff, good find. I'd have to draw out a map of the mansion and add this new parth to see what it looks like, dont ask why

Comment

Well, it's worth a try. We're having a drought on beta discoveries anyway.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

We're having a drought on beta discoveries anyway.
                    Too true. Everything that can be found has been discovered already.

Of course, there are exceptions that will eventually come to light (canned games, Bio4 stuff, etc).
                    Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-17-2008, 02:46 PM.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Hopefully, the first one in your list does.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

We will not turn this around to a 1.5 topic, please

Comment

ITS TOO LATE
                          You know the pool to get to the lift in the garden, do you think they used that for swimming or just as a little puzzle to get to the other side. But i was thinking if you really wanted to get to the other side, wouldn't you just try and swim to the other side :S
                          Or turn back and try to jump down the hole where the lift is, but because its on the bottom floor to start with you can just hop down or something.

Comment

I never thought of it as a swimming pool. It could have been! And I always wondered why those pussies couldn't just swim to the other side.

Comment

I dont think it would have been a swimming pool for very long, if it was at all. It just seems like it (the mansion in general) had very little to do with living at all heh (This made more sense in my head, its 7:50am so hah)

Comment

Working...
                              X