RE2 Game.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 Game.com

I have a ROM and the Game.com BIOSes, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in playing this? I can't on my computer: the video card in this is a fucking piece-a-shit, but I'll sort it out eventually.

With Dot's permission, I'll upload all the required things.

You need MESS to start with, though.

Would anybody be interested?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal. :O
    Unless otherwise stated, we should stick to that.

Comment

I dunno, the GAME.com is discontinued and long forgotten, it might be ok. I wasn't aware there was a way to play GAME.com games on the PC.

Comment

An emulator was created, but banned from release by Tiger for some reason. However, it seems MESS can emulate the Game.com...

Comment

"For some reason."

Comment

Nintendo doesn't seem to mind VisualBoy...

Comment

Yeah MESS can emulate the game.com but it's only in early development so it can't actually run the game at all yet :-( , I'd be interested in a ds game.com emulator though cos it has a stylus thingy like the game.com.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I actually have the Game.com and Resident Evil 2 for it.. Believe me its not worth playing!!! haha
                Last edited by Biokk; 06-01-2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I have it as well, mostly just for collection purposes.

Comment

I have the boxed Game.com RE2 but not the system.

Comment

I always wanted to try it out just to see how bad it is =/

Though I don't think discontinued/forgotten = legal. So... >_>

Comment

Isn't it funny? GBC ROMs on the net are as common as oxygen particles nowadays. Why isn't Nintendo doing anything about it?

Is Tiger still a company anyway?

Comment

Yeah, Tiger Electronics is still around (subsidiary of Hasbro Inc). They currently make Furby dolls, FurReal dolls, HitClipz, and a few other electronic gadgets.

Comment

Lol, I recognise Furbies! They used to be all the rage.

So Tiger evolved, eh? Good for them

Comment

Well, it's more like they got bought out by a bigger company. Still, they they're still around, just not their own company.

Side note: I used to have a bunch of old Tiger handheld games when I was kid, but sometime during my youth I salvaged the parts from them in hopes to make a robot. As a kid, I highly underated a computer's involvement in making robotics. It wasn't until highschool when I realized actually how much programming and work went into controlling even basic functions of a primitive robot. Heh, I would just solder things on a bread board and hope it would something... Too bad the junior electrical engineer playset my dad got me didn't have the instruction manual...

Comment

Working...
                              X